test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blue-in-me-Veins

6. Danny Drinkwater

Started by Blue-in-me-Veins,

78 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm wondering what the specific role Conte has in mind for him. Probably will be competing with Cesc I think. I'm not sure we'll ever really see him without one of Kante or Bakayoko beside him. Can also envision using him in a midfield 3.

Obviously for depth as we're in 4 competitions, but I also think Conte quite likes the possibility of moving to a 3-5-2 in certain games when needed. 

quickpassnmove likes this

32 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Obviously for depth as we're in 4 competitions, but I also think Conte quite likes the possibility of moving to a 3-5-2 in certain games when needed. 

Remember Conte's quote where he said he was going to play Matic a lot and bleed Bakayoko in slowly? Maybe Drinkwater will start games (at least initially) more than we think.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Remember Conte's quote where he said he was going to play Matic a lot and bleed Bakayoko in slowly? Maybe Drinkwater will start games (at least initially) more than we think.

He does have more experience playing in a 2-man midfield...with Kante. Not at all unlikely. 

Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

I'm wondering what the specific role Conte has in mind for him. Probably will be competing with Cesc I think. I'm not sure we'll ever really see him without one of Kante or Bakayoko beside him. Can also envision using him in a midfield 3.

I actually think he gives conte a 'safe' option in some games. Against the big teams Conte may not want us left as open as we might be playing fabregas, but he still brings a better ball playing option than kante or bakayoko might.

Similarly against weaker opponents he's good enough to do the hard work and tackling, mopping up etc to possibly play with fabregas in a 2 if we're struggling to break a team down to win a game.

As people have said he's a high upgrade on Chalobah and leaves us far stronger in that area of the park.

I like his reason for joining too. He's had a taste of winning big trophies and wants more. You'll be surprised how many people don't have that mentality and are just happy with what they've achieved previously rather than going again and kicking on.

communicate, Tomo and Fernando like this

12 hours ago, the wes said:

Interesting video 🤔🤔

Bit unfair to compare last season as Leicester had a bad season as a whole. Like use comparing the two when Leicester won the league. Matic was awful that year as was the whole squad. Would be interesting to see a comparison between 2015/16 DD and 2016/17 Matic.

Artandur and Dimitr like this

On September 2, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Magic Lamps said:

Danny seems a bit like Cahill. English, not exactly world class, bought when he is about to peak but a classy guy who really wants to be here and do his best. Wish him all the best.

Good shout,  however hopefully unlike Gary he get's used appropriately and not made an untouchable.

Blusan Alamb likes this

Oooh Danny ...

Oooh Danny ...

You're worth every Penny ...

Your Wife's Name ain't Jenny ...

Oooh Danny ...

because your Skills are uncanny ...

Ooooh Danny ...

Don't begrudge me Folks ... It's my first try ever to rhyme a Fansong fore one of our Boys ...

BTW ... Would someone speaking Cockney call him Danny Drinkwa'a?

On 9/2/2017 at 11:36 AM, xPetrCechx said:

get up from the bench
Replace baka the French
But before you enter the game
Dont be ashame
Take the bottle u little funny
Come on drink water danny

C

Don't give up the day job !:D

xPetrCechx likes this

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

Oooh Danny ...

Oooh Danny ...

Your Wife's Name ain't Jenny ...

Oooh Danny ...

because your Skills are uncanny ...

Ooooh Danny ...

Don't begrudge me Folks ... It's my first try ever to rhyme a Fansong fore one of our Boys ...

BTW ... Would someone speaking Cockney call him Danny Drinkwa'a?

No the way we say it sounds like warta :)

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

No the way we say it sounds like warta :)

Really? But you don't pronounce ore vocalize the letter t ... Do you?

2 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Really? But you don't pronounce ore vocalize the letter t ... Do you?

Here you go mate brilliant advert from the 80's.

30 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Here you go mate brilliant advert from the 80's.

Haha .. brilliant indeed.

I believe we both mean the same, but just write it differently ...

The Cockney speaking Teacher would say Danny Drinkwa'a ... Ore Sco'ish (for Example) ... Wouldn't he?

Because he kinda swallows the "T" ...

BTW ... now that we are at it ... Can you tell me what Accent this is? Because I have no Words fore how great it sounds to me .. Even greater than Statham speaking Cockney ...

7 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Haha .. brilliant indeed.

I believe we both mean the same, but just write it differently ...

The Cockney speaking Teacher would say Danny Drinkwa'a ... Ore Sco'ish (for Example) ... Wouldn't he?

Because he kinda swallows the "T" ...

BTW ... now that we are at it ... Can you tell me what Accent this is? Because I have no Words fore how great it sounds to me .. Even greater than Statham speaking Cockney ...

It's a Geordie accent Newcastle. This is from an English drama from the 80's the actor is a bloke called Jimmy Nail (massive twat) he's got a really strong Geordie accent you might need subtitles for this :)