Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

2 hours ago, Thendo said:

Has Barkley ever played in a midfield two? Always seen him as an attacking midfielder.

His physical and style of play more like Ballack. Think he could playing in midfield two with Kante or Bakayoko without problem.

6 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Name me a better realistic signing. And please not some random names from France.

He's very decent player. 30m is a lot of course but that's the market.

Also he's 27 and even if we want to get rid of him in 2 years time, I think we can easily sell him for 20m. His value won't drop drastically especially with the influx of money in the Premier League. Schneiderlin had rotten on the bench at United and still was sold for 25m€. What's 10m for a 2 year lease (at worst) with our dire need of midfielder(s) ?

I don't get the outcry. Maybe I remember different player but with Kante next to him, DD was doing so much right, tackling, quick incisive pass, full of stamina, tenacious, can join the attack. I like this. I'm curious who realistically we can get at 8th of August.

Realistic is relative. Was Neymar realistic few months ago?

If we throw 40m at lets say Goretzka, who knows, maybe schalke would accept. Or Seri, Sanson, Parolo,...there are quality midfielders around, either cheaper, better or with more potential than Drinkwater. 

I rather pay Real 60-70m for Kovacic than 40m for Drinkwater. 

All we are doing atm is replacing good players (Matic, Diego) with good players and now it seems we are going to overpay twice for decent backup midfielder.

BUT where is the improvement on first 11 since last season? We are not that great that we only need some depth since we will play CL too. We need quality first 11 players or at least players who have such potential. We need wingbacks, Im actualy quite positive Sandro will be cfc player, now we are looking to add RB aswell. But we ultimately also need someone in mould of Eden. If no one else, Lanzini would be allright, but obviously board wont bring another attacking mid before we sell either Willian or Pedro.

About Drinkwater, unless we are looking for english player, in that case we already had Chalobah who is decent enough to be 4th choice midfielder, I dont see point of buying exactly him for that stupid money.

12 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

in that case we already had Chalobah who is decent enough to be 4th choice midfielder, I dont see point of buying exactly him for that stupid money.

How people still can't understand that Nate wanted to leave, to play week in week out and to progress to be good enough for starting XI in the future? He wouldn't have been able to do so here. Our board is also very lenient towards players who want to leave, they will be allowed to do so even if it's a double POTY winner wanting to join our rivals.

23 minutes ago, manpe said:

How people still can't understand that Nate wanted to leave, to play week in week out and to progress to be good enough for starting XI in the future? He wouldn't have been able to do so here. Our board is also very lenient towards players who want to leave, they will be allowed to do so even if it's a double POTY winner wanting to join our rivals.

I know he wanted to play...but the second part is where the problem lies. We should do everything in our power to keep Nate. 

Btw I read Nate decided to leave to avoid another loan, is that true?

Just now, manpe said:

Yes he said that.

So Chelsea wanted to loan him out and are now considering Drinkwater for 30m? How does that make any sense?

In that case, when you said Nate wanted to leave and we had no other option, its not realy as simple as that. 

Possibly Nate just wanted opportunity here, but we decided to loan him out because we will get other midfielders, hence he then decided to leave permamently. If Drinkwater actualy ends up here, I wont realy understand what exactly does our board want to achieve...

We had Bertrand Traore, Ake, Zouma, Nate, we still have Baker, Christensen but more and more it seems they wont play big part of this team. 

We have plenty of decent squad fillers at least, yet seems the board or Conte doesnt rate anyone. 

And I bet they will be at least decent wherever else they will play. 

In my eyes our squad was more than good enough if we kept most of youngsters and Matic for squad depth and added new signings Rudiger, Baka, Morata, Caballero and two new fullbacks. 

Instead our squad is thin as fuck. 

And if we cant convince young players to stay, how did United convince Martial? How did Real convince Kovacic, Asensio? 

There probably comes the part where we threat our loanees/youth as products. And they know that so they dont give a shit either, like Solanke who left to Pool.

Only thing that makes sense of the players we've been seriously linked with is, HG quota. That doesn't mean for a second we should be lowering our standards when youth players could have filled in and cost us nothing.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Gazetta is saying Kovacic is available for 25m loan with option to buy. 

Surely we should be all over him if thats true, no?

Really?

That €25M is just the loan fee, buy option would take the price to a whole different level. For a loan that's expensive as fuck.

https://za.as.com/za/2017/08/08/football/1502216493_928867.html

13 minutes ago, Jype said:

Really?

That €25M is just the loan fee, buy option would take the price to a whole different level. For a loan that's expensive as fuck.

https://za.as.com/za/2017/08/08/football/1502216493_928867.html

25m for just a loan? C'mon, nobody is going to take that offer. James is twice the player Kovacic will ever be and he went on loan for 5 million a year.