test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blue-in-me-Veins

6. Danny Drinkwater

Started by Blue-in-me-Veins,

250 posts in this topic

This has to be our worst ever signing considering the fee, wages and talent that we gave up to have him play 5 games last season and not even make the Europa League squad. Why we just didnt keep Nate Chalobah I do not know. I know we needed some English players in the squad but we could have just bought an English keeper or a promising young English player. To be fair if I was in his position I would also stick around, for the reported 120k a week he wont get half of that anywhere else so why leave?

On 02/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, Vybzkartel said:

This has to be our worst ever signing considering the fee, wages and talent that we gave up to have him play 5 games last season and not even make the Europa League squad. Why we just didnt keep Nate Chalobah I do not know. I know we needed some English players in the squad but we could have just bought an English keeper or a promising young English player. To be fair if I was in his position I would also stick around, for the reported 120k a week he wont get half of that anywhere else so why leave?

Which talent did we give up to allow him to play 5 games?

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think they mean Chalobah.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Nate Chalobah and Loftus Cheek last season. Loftus Cheek is back and developed well but we sold Nate for $5mill and bought DD for $35/40 mill depending on who you believe. Nate is better than DD and if we had kept him and played him we would have been better off in the long run imo.

33 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

Nate Chalobah and Loftus Cheek last season. Loftus Cheek is back and developed well but we sold Nate for $5mill and bought DD for $35/40 mill depending on who you believe. Nate is better than DD and if we had kept him and played him we would have been better off in the long run imo.

Chalobah while a top guy is a bang average player, even more so than Drinkwater, he couldn't get a look in at Napoli or even Burnley, if he was owned by another club and we signed him people on here would call him the new Papy. As for Ruben, Drinkwater is totally irrelevant to any discussion with him, they were fighting for different positions under Conte and the same is true under Sarri.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Chalobah while a top guy is a bang average player, even more so than Drinkwater, he couldn't get a look in at Napoli or even Burnley, if he was owned by another club and we signed him people on here would call him the new Papy. As for Ruben, Drinkwater is totally irrelevant to any discussion with him, they were fighting for different positions under Conte and the same is true under Sarri.

My main point is we didnt need to go spend 40 million on a bang average player like DD. Could have scouted an upcoming young English player. Andy Robertson and Harry Maguire were all bought for less than 15 million the same summer we bought DD for 40 million. We all know the main reason we bought DD is because he is English/home grown something we could have done a better job of. Now we have a 28 year old expensive flop who we will have a hard time offloading. 

40 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Why the fuck he is still here is beyond me.

No one is dumb enough to even come close to the wages he's getting. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Why the fuck he is still here is beyond me.

I keep forgetting we have him. Doesn't even enter my mind when thinking of our midfield options.

Vesper likes this