Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

3 hours ago, Sh0n3x said:

I don't get the negativity with Drinkwater? I know you would prefer people like Vidal and Naingollan but it's simply not happening, they don't want to come here, and we need more squad depth. For me Drinkwater is a good squad signing, he's also English and homegrown, and a pretty decent all around midfielder. For a reasonable price, I'd be quite happy to improve our squad depth in midfield.

Before you hit me that we sold Chalobah and sent RLC on loan, I would defend the club a bit now because the season we have ahead of us is very important, our rivals have improved their squads and can't risk having a bad season now more then ever. If we lose our CL again, Hazard could very well leave, and that will be very problematic for the future. We can buy back Chalobah if he turns out amazing, and RLC needs regular playing time anyway.

Maybe you make sense ... But it doesnt make any for me ...

I have a simple question, is Drinkwater better than Matic? because we could have kept Matic and he would have got enough games. For me Drinkwater is not even a good squad player for Chelsea's level, he is more like the Delep signing for City ... No real value and doesnt improve a bit except for the homegrown parameter. 

To be fair, watching his highlights from their title winning campaign he does look very good playing the ball over the top to Vardy in full flight. Everyone in that Leicester side really struggled last season so maybe the likes of Drinkwater and Mahrez will return to a high level in better sides.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

To be fair, watching his highlights from their title winning campaign he does look very good playing the ball over the top to Vardy in full flight. Everyone in that Leicester side really struggled last season so maybe the likes of Drinkwater and Mahrez will return to a high level in better sides.

you just trying to convince yourself that this transfer would be decent. :P

11 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

you just trying to convince yourself that this transfer would be decent. :P

Just trying to understand why Conte would apparently like him. He'd have made more sense if we had signed Lukaku, tbh. A striker who plays on the shoulder of the CB's and sprints in behind. 

So long as we sign 2-3 more quality players this window I won't care if we bring Drinkwater in. Van Dijk, Ox, and Drinkwater and I'd be content.

4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I have a simple question, is Drinkwater better than Matic? because we could have kept Matic and he would have got enough games. For me Drinkwater is not even a good squad player for Chelsea's level, he is more like the Delep signing for City ... No real value and doesnt improve a bit except for the homegrown parameter. 

For me Matic is better, but to be honest, ever since this tackle he seemed scared and weak for me, so to get 40m for 29y old player for me is good if we replace him properly. I can't say what happened, but with us signing Bakayoko it's expected to have Matic want to leave. For me it seems he wasn't happy that much considering how he was really fast to stab us through the media with "my teammates are amazing" comment. I also follow Matic in national team, and there he has been quite average also. You can also see from Conte's comments that he wasn't keen for Matic to leave.

What's important is that he left, and now we have to look in the future. Future says we have 3 midfielders at the moment and our formation requires 2. Cesc has a history with injuries (luckily not with us) and Bakayoko is recovering from injury. If one gets injured, we go through the season with only 2 midfielders in 4 competitions. I hope we sign Drinkwater, otherwise I'm gonna need to Drinkrakia to calm down.

7 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Drinkwater isn't Matic's replacement. Bakayoko is.

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Chelsea's £37 million bid for midfielder reportedly accepted by Premier League club 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/chelsea-gbp37-million-bid-midfielder-danny-drinkwater-reportedly-accepted-by-premier-league-club

FeelsBadMan

3 hours ago, mccg said:

Chelsea's £37 million bid for midfielder reportedly accepted by Premier League club 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/chelsea-gbp37-million-bid-midfielder-danny-drinkwater-reportedly-accepted-by-premier-league-club

LOL if true. Fucking retarded 37 millions for a fraud.

How in the world is Drinkwater a fraud? I do agree that it's a lot of money, for a fairly limited player. But he's not a fraud at all, he's a decent squad player, and already knows how to play with Kante very well. 

Would prefer another midfielder, but I do not think it's all that bad. Lets give him a fucking chance before we call him a fraud and other idiotic shit, even if he was not a dream player for any Chelsea fans.

35 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

How in the world is Drinkwater a fraud? I do agree that it's a lot of money, for a fairly limited player. But he's not a fraud at all, he's a decent squad player, and already knows how to play with Kante very well. 

Would prefer another midfielder, but I do not think it's all that bad. Lets give him a fucking chance before we call him a fraud and other idiotic shit, even if he was not a dream player for any Chelsea fans.

He barely avoided relegation with his team last season, it's obvious Kante was carrying the entire team on his shoulders.

Besides that we can get Dendoncker for peanuts but lets go for the one who is limited as fuck and has no business playing for a Top 7 squad in PL.

23 minutes ago, Georgy said:

He barely avoided relegation with his team last season, it's obvious Kante was carrying the entire team on his shoulders.

A reminder Leicester finished 12th, a full 10 points ahead of the Hull who was the best relegated team, and 2 point from the 8th spot in the league. A fair finish from them, and silly to give them too much shit for not managing to win premier league again, when they lost Kante and also competed in CL....

As I said, he is not the player I would prefer either, and I think Chelsea could do better. But he is a homegrown English player, that is well proven in premier league. Not too silly a signing, even if the price is high. 

Just now, calculatingInfinity said:

A reminder Leicester finished 12th, a full 10 points ahead of the Hull who was the best relegated team. A fair finish from them, and silly to give them too much shit for not managing to win premier league again, when they lost Kante and also competed in CL....

As I said, he is not the player I would prefer either, and I think Chelsea could do better. But he is a homegrown English player, that is well proven in premier league. Not too silly a signing, even if the price is high. 

It's really the only reason we are targeting him because he is English and homegrown sadly.

7 hours ago, Georgy said:

It's really the only reason we are targeting him because he is English and homegrown sadly.

It's the reality of the situation. If we're not prepared to give opportunities to academy players to breakthrough then we will always be looking at homegrown players from other clubs to provide the squad depth that we need.

A lot of these players will not be as good as the foreign options (have you seen the England squads recently?!) and for the same reasons as everybody else carry a natural premium on their heads. But they are serviceable and important for the depth of the squad.

IMO Drinkwater being decent midfielder and english player, 37 fucking million pounds for him is the most retarded thing I heard this summer. 

I hope the board and fans are not as desperate to actualy accept this fee and make excuses. 

50 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO Drinkwater being decent midfielder and english player, 37 fucking million pounds for him is the most retarded thing I heard this summer. 

I hope the board and fans are not as desperate to actualy accept this fee and make excuses. 

It will defiantly be negotiated down.