Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

3 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

IF, this is a big if, we do sign Drinkwater, I will let my friend Danny to drink the water. Come on guys, you are too tense :D

Well the one big pro of this signing is he would Provide us assists for puns for years ;)

it`s not that he`s a terrible player..he`s basically John Bumstead,a solid but unspectacular pro with a somewhat funny name..he can come in and do a job for us in lesser games when regular starters can be rested,but we already had players capable of that role we either sold for less or loaned out. it`s like we sold or loaned out these players then remembered the homegrown quota after it so are now scrambling for some.

atleast him and Kante have some understanding..i supported the club when we had Mick Droy,"Sharon" Wood etc..and always hope for the best from whoever we sign..atleast it`s not like he is gonna be expected to drag along a load of rejects to try and fend off relegation..he`ll be surrounded by good to great players and if he don`t get the job done somebody else will. and well..Moses came from lower down in football fans respect to then play his part in a championship winning side.

54 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

You never know he could be Dennis Wise-esque and be one of those players that steps up alongside better players?! 

His partnership with Kante in their title-winning season was very decent, can't see a reason why they can't replicate or elevate that being surrounded by better players. Having only 4 midfielders though you have to imagine that the 4th choice CM will see a lot of action during the season, possibly also in CL crunch games. Is he that guy for us?

9 hours ago, Georgy said:

For Conte it's easy to say he wants him. If he fails he leaves but were going to get stuck with this guy like Mikel. 

while I can see the similarities, especially lack of agility and mobility, Drinkwater still makes runs, produces some long balls, so not quite a Mikel tbf.

It is still depressing considering the caliber of our opponent's signings (PL and abroad).

I don't get the negativity with Drinkwater? I know you would prefer people like Vidal and Naingollan but it's simply not happening, they don't want to come here, and we need more squad depth. For me Drinkwater is a good squad signing, he's also English and homegrown, and a pretty decent all around midfielder. For a reasonable price, I'd be quite happy to improve our squad depth in midfield.

Before you hit me that we sold Chalobah and sent RLC on loan, I would defend the club a bit now because the season we have ahead of us is very important, our rivals have improved their squads and can't risk having a bad season now more then ever. If we lose our CL again, Hazard could very well leave, and that will be very problematic for the future. We can buy back Chalobah if he turns out amazing, and RLC needs regular playing time anyway.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

YouTube usually has highlight videos where even decent plauers can be made to look top class. Youtube can't even make him look good! :D

What a strange, strange target.

One of the rarer posts that actually made me lol.