test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blue-in-me-Veins

6. Danny Drinkwater

Started by Blue-in-me-Veins,

246 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, communicate said:

But we played with 2 dm, certainly you need at least 3. I am not sure what happen with chalobah but at that point we really need another cm who is comfortable playing in midfield 2

So why go for Drinkwater when he doesn’t offer anything new? Just because he’s home grown? We could’ve maybe gone for someone like Wilshere as well then who was on the market at that time... I’m sure I don’t have to list the amount of CMs we could’ve bought with that £35m instead. As mentioned above on here, Matic was sold months before - they had plenty of time; a lot of it was wasted on trying to negotiate on the Drinkwater deal. He surely wasn’t/shouldn’t have been our only option. There are plenty of good CMs about who would’ve cost the same or even less. 

Haha this guy is just perfect example why its funny when fans here overexaggerate over average players and pretend they are quality.

After his fluke goal everyone was saying he can take quality shots, literaly every shot he attempted after went miles away from target. 

What an absolute fuckup of a transfer to get this guy who is absolutely absolutely average and slow.

And we paid 40 fucking millions? Yes he is english but come on, in that case we should just throw bit more for Sterling or Shaw back in the day.

I literaly cant understand the board decisions, Sterling for 50 would be too much, but Drinkwater for 40 isnt? 

And there is a long list of players who have no place here.

I know we needed more squad depth, but now we are paying shitload for absolutely average players. 

Mufassir08, DDA, Amblève. and 1 other like this

48 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Haha this guy is just perfect example why its funny when fans here overexaggerate over average players and pretend they are quality.

After his fluke goal everyone was saying he can take quality shots, literaly every shot he attempted after went miles away from target. 

What an absolute fuckup of a transfer to get this guy who is absolutely absolutely average and slow.

And we paid 40 fucking millions? Yes he is english but come on, in that case we should just throw bit more for Sterling or Shaw back in the day.

I literaly cant understand the board decisions, Sterling for 50 would be too much, but Drinkwater for 40 isnt? 

And there is a long list of players who have no place here.

I know we needed more squad depth, but now we are paying shitload for absolutely average players. 

We are living in crazy times at The Bridge.

I really don't want to hate, I'm trying my hardest not to but seriously, how the fuck has the lad managed to wear our badge??????? 

It's a fucking pisstake.

Unionjack likes this

25 minutes ago, DDA said:

I really don't want to hate, I'm trying my hardest not to but seriously, how the fuck has the lad managed to wear our badge??????? 

It's a fucking pisstake.

I need to laugh otherwise I'd be crying but I once said our midfield composed with Barkley, Cesc, Drinkwater, Bakayoko is the worst in the Top 6 by far. Where is that user that was making fun of me saying I'm trolling. 

8 minutes ago, Georgy said:

I need to laugh otherwise I'd be crying but I once said our midfield composed with Barkley, Cesc, Drinkwater, Bakayoko is the worst in the Top 6 by far. Where is that user that was making fun of me saying I'm trolling. 

I'd refrain from Barkley in the boat as Bakayoko and Drinkwater because he's had his injuries issues and may still end becoming good for us. We haven't seen much of him yet. The same can't be said about the other two...

Unionjack likes this

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'd refrain from Barkley in the boat as Bakayoko and Drinkwater because he's had his injuries issues and may still end becoming good for us. We haven't seen much of him yet. The same can't be said about the other two...

I don't think Drinkwater did a whole lot wrong today. He's not the slick forward ball playing CM, but he is not as bad as some make him out to be

Our streak of lucky panic buys had to end some time...

Yeah.. the people who authorized the signing of Drinkwater and Baka should be relieved of all duties concerning CFC. Such an appalling CM signing. 

That would hopefully force the club to buy a better midfielder.

This was just another stupid, stupid purchase for silly money by the club, it was just more a 'making up numbers' signing.

We will be lucky to recoup half of the 30M we paid, these average buys need to stop.

blues.bridge and mccg like this

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

This was just another stupid, stupid purchase for silly money by the club, it was just more a 'making up numbers' signing.

We will be lucky to recoup half of the 30M we paid, these average buys need to stop.

Yeah 1 of our loanees would have been suffice or u21 young CfC given a chance , hindsight the 1151 mins he contributed could have been covered easily and put that 30mill towards a real younger world class midfielder talent !

I just read a couple of articles that I found interesting.

One dated from middle of last season about how Roman wanted us to have another strong English core of players. But when i look at the ones we bought it doesn't support that.

And another today from an interview Ballack gave about the links of him to being our new director of football or whatever title it is that we have  been doing something wrong in the transfer windows in the last 3 seasons and 'throwing money' at the problem is 'obviously not the answer'! And he wanted to turn to the academy for more players. That scares me!

I'm all for us cherry picking players and us giving them time more and more gradually. (More than Conte has but not as blindly as he has with Baks)

I can understand the thinking behind us getting Drinks about how well he teamed up with Kante at Leicester and hoping it would happen again.

As for both him and Barkley I wonder if Conte had played them as much as he has played Baks if they had come on any differently.

Ive not given up hope on Barkley or RLC. I do hope that RLC has progressed more than I give him credit for. 

And I'm of the thinking Barkley just needs a manager to give him time and show some faith in him

But I would bring in someone new to partner Kante as our priority. Its the position where we are crying out for creativity/

Some midtable PL team will come along and offer 25m for him. A bournemouth/Burnley/Crystal Palace type team. For the same reasons we bought him, HG PL winner, tough with some skill. He just never quite fit here, I genuinely thought he would be useful for us but alas his time at Chelsea will be shortlived. 

Personally if i were Burnley I would take a long hard look. Fits their style and player profile.

manpe and !Hazard! like this