Davide Zappacosta

xPetrCechx

Chelsea transfer news: Blues to cash in on fringe player

CHELSEA are set to allow David Zappacosta to join Lazio on loan until the end of the season, when they could then receive £13.5million for their out-of-favour right-back.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1068273/Chelsea-transfer-news-Sarri-Granovskaia-Zappacosta-Lazio-Italian-reports

Is there any doubt left that our board is every bit as shit as I have comprehensively laid out over the last year?

We not only will take a 10m or so loss, but now have no backup RB.

Are we going to recall Reece James? That is a foolish move!

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Yes, because it hasn't happened yet.

So you think we magically will get back what we spent on Zappacosta? I am under no such delusion we do. He is actually a fairly decent player, which makes it worse for me. There are far worse backup RB's in the EPL. In fact, many worse STARTING RB's.

52 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So you think we magically will get back what we spent on Zappacosta? I am under no such delusion we do. He is actually a fairly decent player, which makes it worse for me. There are far worse backup RB's in the EPL. In fact, many worse STARTING RB's.

I don't think anything, I'm just saying that you're talking as if it will definitely happen, but since this hasn't actually happened, then the answer to your question is yes, there is doubt left.

15 minutes ago, manpe said:

I don't think anything, I'm just saying that you're talking as if it will definitely happen, but since this hasn't actually happened, then the answer to your question is yes, there is doubt left.

I will concede that specific point, but I see no way we end up not taking a big loss when he does go.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I will concede that specific point, but I see no way we end up not taking a big loss when he does go.

Shit happens, we bought him expensively due to being a panic buy. We were always gonna sell at loss, but that's not a fact yet. Main thing is that if we do sell we get proper cover for RB. If your pessimistic prediction comes true and we are left with no one other than Azpi, then I say burn the witch... but not now, I don't think they could be this stupid. How reliable is this Il Messaggero anyway?

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Shit happens, we bought him expensively due to being a panic buy. We were always gonna sell at loss, but that's not a fact yet. Main thing is that if we do sell we get proper cover for RB. If your pessimistic prediction comes true and we are left with no one other than Azpi, then I say burn the witch... but not now, I don't think they could be this stupid. How reliable is this Il Messaggero anyway?

They are far from only link to Zappacosta on the move. He has been unhappy for ages. I think we are mad to sell our only legit backup, unless there is some buy in the works, and I have seen nothing remotely concrete about such a move.

Let's see how it shakes out. I have very little confidence in the board atm.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Zappacosta has actually looked better than Azpi this season. If Sarri didnt have his favorites he would be starting regularly. 

1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

Zappacosta has actually looked better than Azpi this season. If Sarri didnt have his favorites he would be starting regularly. 

Has he really though? Zappacosta may have looked decent going forward but I don't think he has been tested much against the lowly oppositions he's played against. 

I would admit that Azpi's attacking play isn't great but it certainly feels like people are judging him these days based on his offensive play more than anything else and the same applies to Zappacosta, while almost overlooking the defensive side of things. 

And oh, I also recall you going from 'Zappacosta is better than Azpi' to 'I take that back. Zappacosta is shit!' at one point this season.

Sure Zappacosta is hardly an amazing player and i would not shed a tear if we sold him.. But i like his attitude, workrate and his blistering pace. He always tries to make an impact offensively adn given he only makes games vs poor opposition as Azpi is basically never injured I dont mind his defensive weaknesses at all. He is perfect for the role he plays.  He must have known that he will not be a guaranteed starter here so why is he disappointed no. Selling him would open another unnecessary construction side in the squad. I think we should tell him to stay put until summer and then find a suitable buyer. He still has 2.5 years left on his contract so why even bother selling him without need? Let the brilliant Reece James finish his loan spell and then assess the situation if he can replace Zappa or if we have to go to the market. There are tons of great fullbacks around at any rate. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Has he really though? Zappacosta may have looked decent going forward but I don't think he has been tested much against the lowly oppositions he's played against. 

I would admit that Azpi's attacking play isn't great but it certainly feels like people are judging him these days based on his offensive play more than anything else and the same applies to Zappacosta, while almost overlooking the defensive side of things. 

And oh, I also recall you going from 'Zappacosta is better than Azpi' to 'I take that back. Zappacosta is shit!' at one point this season.

Hahaha, Zappa is still shit. We really need to upgrade our full backs regardless. The reason we move the ball so slow and why we clog the middle of the pitch is because Azpi and Alonso just dont offer any width. 

9 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

The reason we move the ball so slow and why we clog the middle of the pitch is because Azpi and Alonso just dont offer any width. 

Can't agree with that at all, they are constantly wide.

7 hours ago, manpe said:

Can't agree with that at all, they are constantly wide.

if they were constantly wide, we would not be congesting the middle of the pitch. Look at how Liverpool and Man City's full backs play thats width. What Alonso and Azpi offer I dont know what to call it but its definitely not width. 

8 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

if they were constantly wide, we would not be congesting the middle of the pitch. Look at how Liverpool and Man City's full backs play thats width. What Alonso and Azpi offer I dont know what to call it but its definitely not width. 

They often stay wide and attack down the flanks. In City's and Pool's case it looks better because they are more efficient and better at attacking. Our full-backs offer little penetration and mostly just pass back to the middle, but it doesn't mean they don't offer width, they just simply are not very good at using it.