Davide Zappacosta

xPetrCechx

His first start for Chelsea, his first appearance at the Bridge, his first taste of European football and he comes up with such a cracker. Stunning, whether he meant it or not.

Kind of reminds me of Oscar's beauty against Juve - also a stunner in the first group stage game.

53 minutes ago, Jason said:

Still yet to convince defensively but offensively, he looks pretty good and if he continues making those off the ball runs, reckon he'll get a few goals from Fabregas' or someone else' pass.

Agreed, especially with the bolded. He looked very shaky in his challenges/defending the very few moments he was asked to do so. 

But like you said, I think he might contribute more goals/assists, and become a genuine attacking force.  

TBH I've had enough of Moses and his inability to affect the game going forward when he's supposed to be the natural winger! His fake cross, inside-outside, then cross and hit the first man has reached peak status for me. 

14 hours ago, manpe said:

His style of play reminds me of Ivanovic. He will be a great upgrade over Moses for sure, smarter in the final third and a natural defender.

Statistically Moses is just as good/better defensively. Some have said that Zappa isn't a strong defender either. Sure, he might have a better mindset in the final third but he doesn't have 1v1 dribbling ability to open up much space in the final third. I actually don't think he's better than Moses or ever will be in anything bar crossing and maybe smarts in the final third (which is easy to be better at let's be honest). Still remains to be seen how well he adapts though. 

I'm not that impressed as it stands. Never really stood out to me for Torino either. I think we'll be looking to upgrade RWB yet again in the near future. 

Just now, Jason said:

That. He's more similar to Alonso than he is to Moses and I'm not sure if that's a good thing because in some situations, you're gonna need your WBs to beat their man going forward in 1 v 1 to create chances and I'm not sure if Zappacosta is able of that.

He isn't at all. Think his take ons completed were something like 0.6 pg last season. 

• 2 weeks later...

From the very little we've seen of him, I hope his very attack minded tendencies don't get coached out of him. We desperately need a WB who will provide constant attacking pressure, and pin the opposing FB, and Zappacosta looks like he can be that man. 

Cesc/Drinkwater should have field days pinging long balls to him.