test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xPetrCechx

21. Davide Zappacosta

Started by xPetrCechx,

107 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Most pages say 6'1 only transfermarkt has him at 182cm so I am not sure. 

He really looks more 182cm than 6'1.

ILoveLamp likes this

I knew our crosses were bad but i didn't know it was this bad! Anyway Zappacosta is great signing,he is great in attack and very good in defense. He can still improve in certain areas.
DIpzHaOWsAAbnrq.jpg
More alarmed by the supposed best FB's at Spurs.
Dimitr and kellzfresh like this

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
6 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:
I knew our crosses were bad but i didn't know it was this bad! Anyway Zappacosta is great signing,he is great in attack and very good in defense. He can still improve in certain areas.
DIpzHaOWsAAbnrq.jpg

More alarmed by the supposed best FB's at Spurs.

You'd think so considering Kane's ugly-ass horse face provides a nice target for them.

Dazzy_Vance and Dimitr like this

it didn`t effect the top 2 teams in the league in where they finished but that is crossing percentage so when they did need to/chose to cross they were the worst 2.so there`s room for improvement there..if it was the fewest crosses attempted then it would be more meaningless as they didn`t need to cross but when it`s a percentage of the crosses they attempted that is a failing of doing what they attempted. it would certainly have helped Tottenham with big kane up front and us now with Morata if we can improve there. though I expect if we had Morata last year our crossing percentage may have atleast been abit better.

39 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

it didn`t effect the top 2 teams in the league in where they finished but that is crossing percentage so when they did need to/chose to cross they were the worst 2.so there`s room for improvement there..if it was the fewest crosses attempted then it would be more meaningless as they didn`t need to cross but when it`s a percentage of the crosses they attempted that is a failing of doing what they attempted. it would certainly have helped Tottenham with big kane up front and us now with Morata if we can improve there. though I expect if we had Morata last year our crossing percentage may have atleast been abit better.

Even for David Beckham or Kevin De Bruyne, the truth is that a significant percentage of attempted crosses in open play fail to reach the penalty area. Of those which do make it into the box, a significant number are inaccurate and lead to lost possession. Of those which do reach a player of the same team, most come to nothing anyway because the chance is of low quality or is just missed.

Every set of fans whose opinions I've heard, complain about the poor crossing of their players. This includes Man City who have KDB. Crosses are bad not because players are bad, but because crossing is itself bad. It is a very, very low percentage option. There are a whole host of factors which are much better indicators of how effective a player, or a team, will be than the quality of their crossing. Being good at crossing is better than being bad at it, but it still don't mean much.

Adnane, DYC. and Amblève. like this

On 9/5/2017 at 6:40 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Even for David Beckham or Kevin De Bruyne, the truth is that a significant percentage of attempted crosses in open play fail to reach the penalty area. Of those which do make it into the box, a significant number are inaccurate and lead to lost possession. Of those which do reach a player of the same team, most come to nothing anyway because the chance is of low quality or is just missed.

Every set of fans whose opinions I've heard, complain about the poor crossing of their players. This includes Man City who have KDB. Crosses are bad not because players are bad, but because crossing is itself bad. It is a very, very low percentage option. There are a whole host of factors which are much better indicators of how effective a player, or a team, will be than the quality of their crossing. Being good at crossing is better than being bad at it, but it still don't mean much.

This. Crossing is no longer part of main way to attack for big side anymore unless you are talking about cutback,low cross or open cross. Their succes percentage is really low.