test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xPetrCechx

21. Davide Zappacosta

Started by xPetrCechx,

220 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Vesper said:

s there any doubt left that our board is every bit as shit as I have comprehensively laid out over the last year?

Yes, because it hasn't happened yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manpe said:

Yes, because it hasn't happened yet.

So you think we magically will get back what we spent on Zappacosta? I am under no such delusion we do. He is actually a fairly decent player, which makes it worse for me. There are far worse backup RB's in the EPL. In fact, many worse STARTING RB's.

Stats likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So you think we magically will get back what we spent on Zappacosta? I am under no such delusion we do. He is actually a fairly decent player, which makes it worse for me. There are far worse backup RB's in the EPL. In fact, many worse STARTING RB's.

I don't think anything, I'm just saying that you're talking as if it will definitely happen, but since this hasn't actually happened, then the answer to your question is yes, there is doubt left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, manpe said:

I don't think anything, I'm just saying that you're talking as if it will definitely happen, but since this hasn't actually happened, then the answer to your question is yes, there is doubt left.

I will concede that specific point, but I see no way we end up not taking a big loss when he does go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I will concede that specific point, but I see no way we end up not taking a big loss when he does go.

Shit happens, we bought him expensively due to being a panic buy. We were always gonna sell at loss, but that's not a fact yet. Main thing is that if we do sell we get proper cover for RB. If your pessimistic prediction comes true and we are left with no one other than Azpi, then I say burn the witch... but not now, I don't think they could be this stupid. How reliable is this Il Messaggero anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manpe said:

Shit happens, we bought him expensively due to being a panic buy. We were always gonna sell at loss, but that's not a fact yet. Main thing is that if we do sell we get proper cover for RB. If your pessimistic prediction comes true and we are left with no one other than Azpi, then I say burn the witch... but not now, I don't think they could be this stupid. How reliable is this Il Messaggero anyway?

They are far from only link to Zappacosta on the move. He has been unhappy for ages. I think we are mad to sell our only legit backup, unless there is some buy in the works, and I have seen nothing remotely concrete about such a move.

Let's see how it shakes out. I have very little confidence in the board atm.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Shit happens, we bought him expensively due to being a panic buy. We were always gonna sell at loss, but that's not a fact yet. Main thing is that if we do sell we get proper cover for RB. If your pessimistic prediction comes true and we are left with no one other than Azpi, then I say burn the witch... but not now, I don't think they could be this stupid. How reliable is this Il Messaggero anyway?

Zappacosta has actually looked better than Azpi this season. If Sarri didnt have his favorites he would be starting regularly. 

DANILA and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

Zappacosta has actually looked better than Azpi this season. If Sarri didnt have his favorites he would be starting regularly. 

Has he really though? Zappacosta may have looked decent going forward but I don't think he has been tested much against the lowly oppositions he's played against. 

I would admit that Azpi's attacking play isn't great but it certainly feels like people are judging him these days based on his offensive play more than anything else and the same applies to Zappacosta, while almost overlooking the defensive side of things. 

And oh, I also recall you going from 'Zappacosta is better than Azpi' to 'I take that back. Zappacosta is shit!' at one point this season.

Vybzkartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure Zappacosta is hardly an amazing player and i would not shed a tear if we sold him.. But i like his attitude, workrate and his blistering pace. He always tries to make an impact offensively adn given he only makes games vs poor opposition as Azpi is basically never injured I dont mind his defensive weaknesses at all. He is perfect for the role he plays.  He must have known that he will not be a guaranteed starter here so why is he disappointed no. Selling him would open another unnecessary construction side in the squad. I think we should tell him to stay put until summer and then find a suitable buyer. He still has 2.5 years left on his contract so why even bother selling him without need? Let the brilliant Reece James finish his loan spell and then assess the situation if he can replace Zappa or if we have to go to the market. There are tons of great fullbacks around at any rate. 

Vybzkartel, OneMoSalah and Stats like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Has he really though? Zappacosta may have looked decent going forward but I don't think he has been tested much against the lowly oppositions he's played against. 

I would admit that Azpi's attacking play isn't great but it certainly feels like people are judging him these days based on his offensive play more than anything else and the same applies to Zappacosta, while almost overlooking the defensive side of things. 

And oh, I also recall you going from 'Zappacosta is better than Azpi' to 'I take that back. Zappacosta is shit!' at one point this season.

Hahaha, Zappa is still shit. We really need to upgrade our full backs regardless. The reason we move the ball so slow and why we clog the middle of the pitch is because Azpi and Alonso just dont offer any width. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

The reason we move the ball so slow and why we clog the middle of the pitch is because Azpi and Alonso just dont offer any width. 

Can't agree with that at all, they are constantly wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elseid Hysaj, Napoli's Albanian defender, is nearing a move elsewhere - with both Atletico Madrid and Chelsea extremely interested in signing the full-back. #CFC #Atletico #Napoli (cm)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, manpe said:

Can't agree with that at all, they are constantly wide.

if they were constantly wide, we would not be congesting the middle of the pitch. Look at how Liverpool and Man City's full backs play thats width. What Alonso and Azpi offer I dont know what to call it but its definitely not width. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

if they were constantly wide, we would not be congesting the middle of the pitch. Look at how Liverpool and Man City's full backs play thats width. What Alonso and Azpi offer I dont know what to call it but its definitely not width. 

They often stay wide and attack down the flanks. In City's and Pool's case it looks better because they are more efficient and better at attacking. Our full-backs offer little penetration and mostly just pass back to the middle, but it doesn't mean they don't offer width, they just simply are not very good at using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

These fucking Italian teams, grrrr

They demand insane money when selling, and play constant price raise games, then try to force bargain basement rip-off prices when it is their turn to buy. 

£15.8m for a 26yo decent RB (and Italian too!) is hardly an unrealistic ask by us. We paid £22.5 m for him, so we are taking a 30% loss at that price. If we take that average of loss (from the offers) on all the players we received summer of offers for, that's around £200m in LESS revenue from those sales. It could be far more if we get really fucked on Eden.

Zappacosta would start at around 10 or so EPL teams, he is hardly chopped liver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vesper said:

These fucking Italian teams, grrrr

They demand insane money when selling, and play constant price raise games, then try to force bargain basement rip-off prices when it is their turn to buy. 

Maybe there's some Italian blood in the Penny Pinching Granny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.