Chelsea Vs Portsmouth

DavidEU

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swap malouda with robinho.

yo da man!!!! my sentiments exactly.

and deco has surprised me just how good he is.

how the fuck malouda gets into the team i'll never know, i'd rather have scott sinclair (i mean in the team of course) :eyebrows:

regards: JBD

He is nowhere close atm but in a few years he has the potential to be, Malouda is just adjusting the PL not all players can do it straight away give him time

Malouda and Ballack

vs

Anderson, Hargreaves, Torres, Eduardo.

Can anyone spot the difference?

8/17/08: Chelsea v Portsmouth

Yes. It is that time again. Never do the minutes, hours, days and months seem to pass so slow than to those spent during the offseason for football fans. But mourn no longer, the Premiership is back and with that comes the return of all the anger, frustration, absolute elation and unbelievable highs that come with being a supporter. It also means for me that the time of letting this little blog gather dust and wilt away is over.

The offseason for Chelsea can be summed up by one word — regroup. I say regroup because Chelsea has done nothing but make themselve vastly superior to last season. Most notably with the removal of Avram Grant and the appointment of Luiz Felipe Scolari. With Scolari comes an amazing résumé and the always promising aspect of more attractive football coming to Stamford Bridge. And while the transfer window might not have been as active as some might have thought, Chelsea have made moves:

_______

Chelsea Transfers In:

01/07/08 Jose Bosingwa FC Porto £16.2m

30/06/08 Souza Deco Barca Undisc.

Chelsea Transfers Out:

08/08/08 Anthony Grant Southend Free

20/07/08 Claude Makelele Paris St Germain Free

10/07/08 Steven Sidwell A Villa £5m

09/07/08 Slobodan Rajkovic FC Twente Loan

05/07/08 Ryan Bertrand Norwich Loan

01/07/08 Ben Sahar Portsmouth Loan

08/05/08 Harry Worley Leicester Free

_______

I’d be lying to everyone is I was to say I was extremely familiar with José Bosingwa and what to expect from him, but I did see his performances in EURO 2008 and thought his selection to the UEFA Team of the Tournament was well deserved. And of course EVERY football fan is familiar with one Mr. Deco and while he hadn’t had the best season with Barca last season, I still rate him REALLY high and am really going to enjoy seeing him a Chelsea kit this season.

No major losses for the club, losing Sidwell was a blessing of sorts and considering they received him on a free transfer last season — a £5m profit is wonderful. Maka leaving, while sad, I don’t see effecting the club to much. Mostly due to the fact that the midfield for Chelsea is absolutely loaded, and the best of the lot — Michael Essien — I fear is destined to be punished for his versatility and made to be play every which way instead of just letting the man do what he does best, dominate the game.

But that was the offseason, THIS is the start of the new campaign. This is the elderly Chelsea trying to keep up with Fergie and his band of morons. And it all starts with Red faced Harry Redknapp and the current FA Cup trophy holder, Portsmouth.

There isn’t much of a preview I can do for this thread simply because I’m honestly more interested than opinionated of what’s going to happen. My gut feeling tells me one thing; Chelsea is going to come out with a bang. If only due to the fact that I’m sure the boys will want to make themselves stand out to Big Phil, and playing time is not guaranteed. If I had to call out a scoreline it would be 2-0, with the scorers being up to your imagination.

As for the season overall, I’ll go ahead and put this on record before one ball is kicked in anger: Chelsea will win the Premiership this season. And I don’t this it’ll be anywhere NEAR as close as it was last season. United have quality, but as of right now I just don’t know where the goals are going to come from. As great as he is, Ronaldo isn’t going to have another season like he did last year. Liverpool are.. well, Liverpool. Arsenal are always a wildcard for me but I think the loss of Hleb and Flamini will be much more difficult to deal with than many Gooners might like the believe. With all this said, the transfer window is still open for 18 more days and a lot can change in that time. But mark it down, Chelsea for the title. In Europe? I’m not jinxing myself, and I’m still not over last May so I’ll wait on that.

Sunday, 17 August 2008. Of course I will not be at my home, I’ll be on my annual trip to Boston to see the Red Sox. But luckily I’ve found what appears to be a damn good pub to catch the game at. So I will be watching the boys come Sunday, bright and early — 8:30AM. Couldn’t be happier for the season to be back! And hope all of you have a great time watching the season unfold, Chelsea fan or not. But more so for all you that follow the Chels.

Expect an update Monday with my thoughts on the match — C’Mon The Chels!

Edited by Jon