test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blusan Alamb

Ethan Ampadu

Started by Blusan Alamb,

212 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I would like to give the lad some time as Jorgis stand in. Hes got all the skills needed for the job and he won't get bullied about being very good defensively. And with Cescy more than likely off it would let us put money elsewhere we need it.

I totally agree mate I like to see more off him in that role when he gets game time I don't think he's ready to be a CB not just yet 

Aston Villa reignite loan bid for PL 18/yo from top-four side after summer talks

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/championship/villa-look-to-rekindle-ampadu-interest/

VILLA LOOK TO REKINDLE AMPADU INTERESTT

The Villains approached Maurizio Sarri’s side over a potential deal during the summer but were rebuffed when the Italian decided he wanted the 18-year-old to stay at Stamford Bridge.

The Welsh international has struggled for minutes, however, appearing just twice in the Europa League.

Any deal for Ampadu would take the form of a loan, with the Midlands club hoping that their ties to Chelsea could give them an advantage in the transfer window.

Villa already have Tammy Abraham on their books and boast Blues’ legend John Terry as a first team coach.

It is thought that any deal could be complicated by competition from Frank Lampard’s Derby County, who themselves have a good working relationship with Sarri’s side.

Good move for Villa?

Ethan Ampadu has a vast potential and could really flourish given a proper run in a senior side. A confident central-defender capable of playing in front of a back four as well, the young man could provide a much needed injection of vitality into an ageing Villa defence. The failure to properly replace the retiring John Terry at the end of last season has been well-documented, and has forced the club into deploying Mile Jedinak in the heart of defence on occasion. As good as the Australian is, he is not a defender, and Ampadu would provide much needed depth in a position that is vital for any club looking to mount a promotion challenge.

This is Futbol rating: 9/10

Likely to happen?

It’s an absolute no-brainer for Chelsea to send Ampadu out on loan. The 18-year-old is ready to make the step up to senior football, and there are few leagues in world football that could teach him the tricks of his trade as well as the Championship could. You would hope that the Blues see sense and give him a run elsewhere, as they have with Tammy Abraham to great effect. The main stumbling block, however, could prove to be reported interest from Frank Lampard’s Derby County. The Chelsea legend already has Mason Mount on loan at Pride Park, and could hold the advantage in a tussle for Ampadu.

snip

Unionjack likes this

What we need to do is give the lad a pay rise!

Frank Lampard admits defeat in chase of Ethan Ampadu

5c3306e929444_Ethan1.thumb.jpg.e77e8405b38e072d265659c4341bedf8.jpg

Ethan Ampadu speaks out on new midfield role as Maurizio Sarri looks to replace Cesc Fabregas

With the Blues having sold their obvious back up option to Jorginho, the Welshman may have a route to regular first team appearances

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/ethan-ampadu-speaks-out-new-15638025

What do you guys think on him in midfield? I still think his future is at CB but he has improved in a midfield role. However I still find it interesting people see him as a Fabregas/Jorginho player..to me he’s like a destroyer in midfield, strong, aggressive. Still good defensively.

One interesting note is that a lot of people point to his Wales performances as why he should play in midfield. Although he’s had some top performances for them he has also had 1-2 weak performances for Wales that got brushed over.

Might seem very harsh to bring it up against a young player but it also ties in that for me, every time I see him at CB, I think he plays very well. In midfield, sometimes he doesn’t. But keeping an open mind. He’ll probably flitter between both for the time being, especially under Sarri as he not only seems him as a DM but also as a CM on top of CB.

Bosnian Blue likes this

36 minutes ago, mccg said:

Finally some sense. Give Kovacic a crack at it too. Buy Barella, loan him back till summer. In summer buy Tonali. Send Kovacic back to RM  in summer. Done and dusted.

Zenit is trying to extract 40m euros (watch it be more) out of us for Paredes.

jernej93 and mccg like this

It is clear that Sarri doesn't rate him as Jorgi's back up yet

"Ampadu didn't play very well in that position, but I think he is very young, it's a new position, it's not easy to play there in our team. In the second half, we tried with Mateo [Kovacic], who is able to move the ball very fast and very cleanly. But now we have to see if he is able to play there in a defensive match. So we have to try.”

Seems he likes Mat K there more.

I am a little surprized tbh he han't given Luiz more chances there.

Nut lets hope he is getting Ampadu ready to take obvr Luizs CB role.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's a pretty disciplined role. That alone makes Luiz incapable imo

tenor.gif

Clearly he should be CB. He's not technical enough for midfield or fast enough for fullback. At CB he could be perfect and IMO he has the highest ceiling of all our CBs

DDA, ja1, DYC. and 1 other like this

7 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Clearly he should be CB. He's not technical enough for midfield or fast enough for fullback. At CB he could be perfect and IMO he has the highest ceiling of all our CBs

Tend  to agree with you on this one Haz! He should concentrate on mastering the CB position. He has all the tools to become a World Class player in that position.

ja1 likes this

still ZERO league minutes

88b7e56395496f7f32d7fca98bb326f0.png

283 total top flight :(

last year

887 total top flight minutes (as a 16/17yo)

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

still ZERO league minutes

88b7e56395496f7f32d7fca98bb326f0.png

283 total top flight :(

last year

887 total top flight minutes (as a 16/17yo)

He fit Conte's style like a glove, but for Sarri's style of pace and passing he isn't the best.

He is still very young and has all the potential to get better.

2 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

He fit Conte's style like a glove, but for Sarri's style of pace and passing he isn't the best.

He is still very young and has all the potential to get better.

surely he can be effective as a Sarriball CB

his passing as a MF for Wales looked cracking

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

surely he can be effective as a Sarriball CB

his passing as a MF for Wales looked cracking

That is what I thought. I guess Sarri doesn't think he should be starting instead of Luiz and Christensen.
Maybe if we hadn't lost so many big games Sarri would have less pressure to start his preferred players in every game, as they appear as a more "must win" games than maybe they should.

Vesper likes this