Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

That would probably be the case, but I can't see him succeeding in that position at the top level.

I wonder if he will get any game time at RB.

Leipzig already has two great young RB's

Lukas Klostermann and Nordi Mukiele

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
2 hours ago, Vesper said:
Leipzig already has two great young RB's
Lukas Klostermann and Nordi Mukiele

Makes the move more baffling, then. I hope some reassurances were made, as this could easily turn into another wasteful loan.

I would have loaned him to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim or Bayer 04 Leverkusen or Eintracht Frankfurt or VfL Wolfsburg

all 4 he would get a shit tonne of time and at the last 3, Euro footie

at Eintracht Frankfurt  he could form a partnership with one of my main CB targets for next summer, Evan N'Dicka (another teen)

I really do not understand what the fucking board is looking at

it isnt rocket science

Yeah it will be curious where he will play. I can see MF more than CB. Paul Mitchell obviously picked him out, head of recruitment there. I think he can excel in MF there. Hes very sharp into the challenge and isn't afraid to get on the ball. Wales have used him in MF too. 

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

he will get more MF time than at CB

he has 3 good (2 great) CB's in front of him

Nagelsmann hops between a back 3 and back 4 system and with Leipzig also playing in Europe, Ampadu should get good amount of game time there. 

30 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I really wish we would have sent him somewhere he would play CB. He's got all the qualities to be a top ball playing CB at a top club. I don't think he does as a CM.

I'd love to be proven wrong here though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

But he’s too small to be a top level CB, much better suited at DM

But he’s too small to be a top level CB, much better suited at DM
I disagree with that. I think height is overrated. It would make a difference in crosses, but to me tenacity and positioning is more important in those cases. There have been tons of top class center backs with his height.

I'm not sure he quite has touch, turn of pace, and quickness of feet to play as a modern day CM. He has lots of other attributes for the position though.

41 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I disagree with that. I think height is overrated. It would make a difference in crosses, but to me tenacity and positioning is more important in those cases. There have been tons of top class center backs with his height.

I'm not sure he quite has touch, turn of pace, and quickness of feet to play as a modern day CM. He has lots of other attributes for the position though.

His lack of height is far less likely to get exposed at DM and unless he plays in a back 3 I can’t see him being a top level CB in the Premier League. It will always be a weakness for other teams to potentially exploit with target men. Also pace isn’t crucial when he can read the game and anticipate at a high level

2 hours ago, Jason said:

To say Ampadu lack height for CB (he's 182 cm) is kinda OTT when Puyol is 178, Carvalho 183, Terry only 5 cm taller etc. Ampadu still has age on his side to grow a tad taller...

I think those were superior CBs with jump, reading, marking qualities that made them world class defenders even if they werent tallest. If Ampadu develops those, sure he will be a beast CB, but if he doesnt, then his height will be exploited. 

And honestly I dont see his potential in the rank of those above. If he himself prefers to be DM, then we can all forget that he will be a beast CB. Puyol or Terry dreamed to be the best CB, it sets the determination even higher regardless if they werent super tall. It was simply even more challenge for them to develop other aspects more.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

To say Ampadu lack height for CB (he's 182 cm) is kinda OTT when Puyol is 178, Carvalho 183, Terry only 5 cm taller etc. Ampadu still has age on his side to grow a tad taller...

Ricardo Carvalho had insane jumping abilities. Even when he was older at Madrid, he still outjumped most of his opponents. I highly doubt that Ampadu can jump that high

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Carvalho had a ridiculous leap and Puyol played in La Liga, small CBs are an anomaly 

Lucas hernandez is only 1,81 or 82 as well and slim build. Bayern paid 70m for him to be their main cb, replacing 1,92 German giants Hummels and Boateng. The big strong CB is a thing of the past. It doesnt hurt when you are both but the emphasis is now on skills, agility, passing, playmaket quality, spacial awareness etc. Also battering ram strikers like Lukaku are coming out of fashion, no wonder no one but Inter wants him. So why have huge cbs. 

Football is highly cyclical so uäit could quickly change. People are getting taller but the height of footy pros esp for the striker and cb department has stagnated declined with addituonal mobility and technical requirements. 

Ethan is hardly small and will easily get 6ft+ in his early 20ies so inwouldnt worry about that if he bulks up functionally

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lucas hernandez is only 1,81 or 82 as well and slim build. Bayern paid 70m for him to be their main cb, replacing 1,92 German giants Hummels and Boateng. The big strong CB is a thing of the past. It doesnt hurt when you are both but the emphasis is now on skills, agility, passing, playmaket quality, spacial awareness etc. Also battering ram strikers like Lukaku are coming out of fashion, no wonder no one but Inter wants him. So why have huge cbs. 

Football is highly cyclical so uäit could quickly change. People are getting taller but the height of footy pros esp for the striker and cb department has stagnated declined with addituonal mobility and technical requirements. 

Ethan is hardly small and will easily get 6ft+ in his early 20ies so inwouldnt worry about that if he bulks up functionally

“The big strong CB is a thing of the past” The 2 best CBs in the world right now (VVD and Koulibaly) are both massive and physically imposing, and it will always be a priority for CBs regardless of era

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

CB's of similar size (although most top ones are 1.85m to 1.95m)

you already listed Lucas Hernández 1.82m

Marquinhos 1,83m

Samuel Umtiti  1.82m

Iñigo Martínez  1.82m

Presnel Kimpembe  1.83m

Nathan Aké  1.80m

Sergio Ramos (cunt) 1.84m

Boubacar Kamara  1.84m

Malang Sarr  1.82m

Jules Koundé  1.84m

Jesús Vallejo 1.84m

also, Ampadu's dreads add height, lolol

There are also tall CBs who are shit, too many to name. It's about having the ability to compensate for your weaknesses. Is Ampadu capable of that? I don't know, too small sample size. And if he's going to predominantly play MF, then I doubt he will ever be more than an average CB.