Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

What do you guys think on him in midfield? I still think his future is at CB but he has improved in a midfield role. However I still find it interesting people see him as a Fabregas/Jorginho player..to me he’s like a destroyer in midfield, strong, aggressive. Still good defensively.

One interesting note is that a lot of people point to his Wales performances as why he should play in midfield. Although he’s had some top performances for them he has also had 1-2 weak performances for Wales that got brushed over.

Might seem very harsh to bring it up against a young player but it also ties in that for me, every time I see him at CB, I think he plays very well. In midfield, sometimes he doesn’t. But keeping an open mind. He’ll probably flitter between both for the time being, especially under Sarri as he not only seems him as a DM but also as a CM on top of CB.

• 2 weeks later...

36 minutes ago, mccg said:

Finally some sense. Give Kovacic a crack at it too. Buy Barella, loan him back till summer. In summer buy Tonali. Send Kovacic back to RM  in summer. Done and dusted.

Zenit is trying to extract 40m euros (watch it be more) out of us for Paredes.

• 2 weeks later...

It is clear that Sarri doesn't rate him as Jorgi's back up yet

"Ampadu didn't play very well in that position, but I think he is very young, it's a new position, it's not easy to play there in our team. In the second half, we tried with Mateo [Kovacic], who is able to move the ball very fast and very cleanly. But now we have to see if he is able to play there in a defensive match. So we have to try.”

Seems he likes Mat K there more.

I am a little surprized tbh he han't given Luiz more chances there.

Nut lets hope he is getting Ampadu ready to take obvr Luizs CB role.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Clearly he should be CB. He's not technical enough for midfield or fast enough for fullback. At CB he could be perfect and IMO he has the highest ceiling of all our CBs

Tend  to agree with you on this one Haz! He should concentrate on mastering the CB position. He has all the tools to become a World Class player in that position.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

still ZERO league minutes

88b7e56395496f7f32d7fca98bb326f0.png

283 total top flight :(

last year

887 total top flight minutes (as a 16/17yo)

He fit Conte's style like a glove, but for Sarri's style of pace and passing he isn't the best.

He is still very young and has all the potential to get better.

2 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

He fit Conte's style like a glove, but for Sarri's style of pace and passing he isn't the best.

He is still very young and has all the potential to get better.

surely he can be effective as a Sarriball CB

his passing as a MF for Wales looked cracking

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

surely he can be effective as a Sarriball CB

his passing as a MF for Wales looked cracking

That is what I thought. I guess Sarri doesn't think he should be starting instead of Luiz and Christensen.
Maybe if we hadn't lost so many big games Sarri would have less pressure to start his preferred players in every game, as they appear as a more "must win" games than maybe they should.

2 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

That is what I thought. I guess Sarri doesn't think he should be starting instead of Luiz and Christensen.
Maybe if we hadn't lost so many big games Sarri would have less pressure to start his preferred players in every game, as they appear as a more "must win" games than maybe they should.

he is as pacy (moreso I think maybe) as Azpi (granted that doesnt mean he is Wan-Bissaka fast, lol)

why not give a runout at RB? Azpi has been run into the fucking ground (and had his career shortened) due to insane minutes (4300 to 4700 each year) over the last 5 years

I see EVERY giant team in world playing players all over, literally EVERY one

save one

US

this is why half of me wants Sarri sacked

fucking stubborn as shit 

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he is as pacy (moreso I think maybe) as Azpi (granted that doesnt mean he is Wan-Bissaka fast, lol)

why not give a runout at RB? Azpi has been run into the fucking ground (and had his career shortened) due to insane minutes (4300 to 4700 each year) over the last 5 years

I see EVERY giant team in world playing players all over, literally EVERY one

save one

US

this is why half of me wants Sarri sacked

fucking stubborn as shit 

Probably because Azpi is the captain. I agree Ampadu should have more minutes, but I don't really see him as a RB.