Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

Chelsea star Ethan Ampadu hobbles off for Wales against Spain in frustrating injury blow for teenager

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7474765/ethan-ampadu-injury-wales-spain-chelsea/

CHELSEA and Wales starlet Ethan Ampadu hobbled off in his country's friendly with Spain.

The 18-year-old came off after falling awkwardly in a challenge and was replaced by Andy King after 50 minutes.

Ampadu has been in fine form for the Welsh this season, especially in their 4-1 win over Ireland.

But he has found game-time hard to come by at Chelsea as Maurizio Sarri continues to overhaul their midfield with new boys Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic breathing fresh energy into the middle of the park.

Ryan Giggs has one eye on Tuesday's clash with Ireland in Dublin, where Wales can keep alive their hopes of Nations League promotion and put the Irish in danger of relegation to League C.

Ampadu was class against the Irish in Cardiff and bossed the middle of the park before being substituted.

Snip

• 1 month later...

Derby and Aston Villa are reportedly interested in taking him on loan. Should we? I would be interested to know how he would cope with regular playing. Either Lamps or JT could take him under his wing, which I wouldn't mind at all considering in defence AC and GC are ahead in pecking order and our midfield is stacked. He will barely play for us this season.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Derby and Aston Villa are reportedly interested in taking him on loan. Should we? I would be interested to know how he would cope with regular playing. Either Lamps or JT could take him under his wing, which I wouldn't mind at all considering in defence AC and GC are ahead in pecking order and our midfield is stacked. He will barely play for us this season.

for Ampadu's development as a player its imperative that he plays more games, so this loan move makes a lot of sense for both parties, he can learn a lot from working under one of our legends. Cheers

Frankly Villa might be equally as interesting as Derby, Mount is a lampard-esque player and Ampadu could be a Terry-esque player. Derby is a wonderful breeding ground it seems for young players, but might the opportunity to work with JT be too much to pass up? Either way, he simply must go on loan in January to continue to develop.

Even with Frank there he’d be unlikely to start at Derby, who have captain Keogh and Tomori as an established CB partnership. Villa have a similar set up with their captain James Chester alongside Tuanzebe. 

Maybe he could he playing midfield - but I still prefer him at CB

6 hours ago, manpe said:

That Gary Cahill is ahead of him is madness .Literally. Cahill is a fucking spent force, who, if we have to rely on in a big game, is going to be roasted alive. He and AC together were a shambolic pairing. I cannot take much more of this 'old and shit slow but experienced' trumps youth with incredible talent rot.

That Gary Cahill is ahead of him is madness .Literally. Cahill is a fucking spent force, who, if we have to rely on in a big game, is going to be roasted alive. He and AC together were a shambolic pairing. I cannot take much more of this 'old and shit slow but experienced' trumps youth with incredible talent rot.
You and me both sister. I'd rather see our yoof make mistakes and cost us games and learn from it, than a spent force do it and not learn anything but regress.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Can't teams only have 2 loanees from the same team within England? Derby have tomori and mount.

Also, I would send him where he would play at CB. I don't think he has the attributes to be a top midfielder, but he does for CB.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Miguelito said:

Can't teams only have 2 loanees from the same team within England? Derby have tomori and mount.

Also, I would send him where he would play at CB. I don't think he has the attributes to be a top midfielder, but he does for CB.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No, we have three players on loan at Leeds this year. There is a one player limit to other Premier League clubs.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to give the lad some time as Jorgis stand in. Hes got all the skills needed for the job and he won't get bullied about being very good defensively. And with Cescy more than likely off it would let us put money elsewhere we need it.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I would like to give the lad some time as Jorgis stand in. Hes got all the skills needed for the job and he won't get bullied about being very good defensively. And with Cescy more than likely off it would let us put money elsewhere we need it.

I totally agree mate I like to see more off him in that role when he gets game time I don't think he's ready to be a CB not just yet 

Aston Villa reignite loan bid for PL 18/yo from top-four side after summer talks

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/championship/villa-look-to-rekindle-ampadu-interest/

VILLA LOOK TO REKINDLE AMPADU INTERESTT

The Villains approached Maurizio Sarri’s side over a potential deal during the summer but were rebuffed when the Italian decided he wanted the 18-year-old to stay at Stamford Bridge.

The Welsh international has struggled for minutes, however, appearing just twice in the Europa League.

Any deal for Ampadu would take the form of a loan, with the Midlands club hoping that their ties to Chelsea could give them an advantage in the transfer window.

Villa already have Tammy Abraham on their books and boast Blues’ legend John Terry as a first team coach.

It is thought that any deal could be complicated by competition from Frank Lampard’s Derby County, who themselves have a good working relationship with Sarri’s side.

Good move for Villa?

Ethan Ampadu has a vast potential and could really flourish given a proper run in a senior side. A confident central-defender capable of playing in front of a back four as well, the young man could provide a much needed injection of vitality into an ageing Villa defence. The failure to properly replace the retiring John Terry at the end of last season has been well-documented, and has forced the club into deploying Mile Jedinak in the heart of defence on occasion. As good as the Australian is, he is not a defender, and Ampadu would provide much needed depth in a position that is vital for any club looking to mount a promotion challenge.

This is Futbol rating: 9/10

Likely to happen?

It’s an absolute no-brainer for Chelsea to send Ampadu out on loan. The 18-year-old is ready to make the step up to senior football, and there are few leagues in world football that could teach him the tricks of his trade as well as the Championship could. You would hope that the Blues see sense and give him a run elsewhere, as they have with Tammy Abraham to great effect. The main stumbling block, however, could prove to be reported interest from Frank Lampard’s Derby County. The Chelsea legend already has Mason Mount on loan at Pride Park, and could hold the advantage in a tussle for Ampadu.

snip

• 4 weeks later...

What we need to do is give the lad a pay rise!

Frank Lampard admits defeat in chase of Ethan Ampadu

5c3306e929444_Ethan1.thumb.jpg.e77e8405b38e072d265659c4341bedf8.jpg

Ethan Ampadu speaks out on new midfield role as Maurizio Sarri looks to replace Cesc Fabregas

With the Blues having sold their obvious back up option to Jorginho, the Welshman may have a route to regular first team appearances

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/ethan-ampadu-speaks-out-new-15638025