test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blusan Alamb

44. Ethan Ampadu

Started by Blusan Alamb,

124 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Have a look at Billy Gilmour in our academy pal. 

Talented, but hardly anything elite about it for now. 

Elite is top level of play, Billy isnt even senior level, nevermind top tier of senior level football.

As long these kids dont show at very best, they are only elite talents. Being elite player with elite skills is whole different world.

Dont get me wrong, Billy is good talent, but his passing would be nothing special if you throw him in our first 11 right now.

In general, I always found quality passing and vision key is experience. There must be talent sure, but experience plays all the mental part and for right pass, its all in your head. To time it right, to predict movement etc etc. Execution depends on talent, but idea is all in the head. 

These 17-18 year olds have no elite passing or ability to control midfield for a top club, because mentality is huge part and most are not ready for it.

14 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Talented, but hardly anything elite about it for now. 

Elite is top level of play, Billy isnt even senior level, nevermind top tier of senior level football.

As long these kids dont show at very best, they are only elite talents. Being elite player with elite skills is whole different world.

Dont get me wrong, Billy is good talent, but his passing would be nothing special if you throw him in our first 11 right now.

In general, I always found quality passing and vision key is experience. There must be talent sure, but experience plays all the mental part and for right pass, its all in your head. To time it right, to predict movement etc etc. Execution depends on talent, but idea is all in the head. 

These 17-18 year olds have no elite passing or ability to control midfield for a top club, because mentality is huge part and most are not ready for it.

Didn’t say he was a certified elite talent, what I meant is that he’s a young player that could go on to have elite vision because he has the makings of it. Not Ampadu. 

On 28/06/2018 at 11:45 PM, The Skipper said:

Have a look at Billy Gilmour in our academy pal. 

Been aware of him since he started making waves at Rangers but again he’s a different player, more offensive minded. He’s extremely talented but to brand him with elite level talent or whatever attributes is just too much expectation already although as a Scotsman, I see him breaking the mould with the players we’ve recently produced but again expectation has been the downfall of many promising young players at Chelsea.

Still think with the right coaching Ampadu could improve and become a good DM. A Sarri team will always have passing options, options for players to play through the lines with passes, the system helps and it would improve players like Ampadu 10 fold. Whether or not he remains in the squad or plays regularly is a different story. I don’t think he lacks what it takes to play in that position. 

Unionjack likes this

him and CHO our best under 23`s at present. worthy of a squad place and plenty of starts during the season ahead with us playing many games in less desirable tournaments.

yuvala and Unionjack like this

Just shows you that the extra training and commitment he put in pre season has paid off for him. Hes come a long way since his ankle injury and is looking good.

He has obviously got some more learning to do and I really don't know the best way to give it to him. Its normally by working side by side with a master of that position. Like Mount with Lamps.

He needs JT. here!

Vesper likes this

On 6/26/2018 at 7:58 AM, akgw13 said:

Is it absolutely crazy that I think he can do a job in that holding midfielder role for Sarri? Jorginho was the first choice but Diawara did a nice job when he filled in, Ampadu has a great passing range, a extremely tough tackle and a cool head. I always envisioned a Julian Weigl-esque role for him, We could very well loan him out but I am so tempted to keep him and have him learn/develop with the team in this roll.

What a special player we have got with him, my goodness.

For those who wondered what Ampadu looks like in Midfield check him out in the wales game today. 1st half he has looked really good in the midfield role so far. 

Vesper and Unionjack like this

Good thing about him is he can fill at DMF, he can fill in CB spots. He should be in higher pecking order than Drinkwater and Fabregas, and on par with AC for defence spots.

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

17 hours ago, ja1 said:

I used to question his role in midfield but this is much improved from him, impressive.

I hope we get to see him in Europa League group games 

On 9/8/2018 at 2:29 AM, the wes said:

I hope we get to see him in Europa League group games 

I know it's not allot but I honestly don't understand why the likes of him,AC'CHO can't be given 10 or 20 minutes a game. It's not like they're shit players. We can't just expect to throw them into cup games without having any match playing experience as they are bound to be nervous and overwhelmed. They are going to feel un needed and will obviously look elsewhere for game time. These are high profile very good players that all the top clubs will definitely have on their watch lists.

Johnnyeye likes this

13 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I know it's not allot but I honestly don't understand why the likes of him,AC'CHO can't be given 10 or 20 minutes a game.

Because it's only the beginning of the season and we play one game per week. One just don't send Christensen or Ampadu in for 20 minutes if there is Kovacic, Pedro or RLC on the bench. Relax, between September and December we are going to have like 8-9 EL+Carabao Cup games where they can prove their worth.

Johnnyeye likes this

8 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Because it's only the beginning of the season and we play one game per week. One just don't send Christensen or Ampadu in for 20 minutes if there is Kovacic, Pedro or RLC on the bench. Relax, between September and December we are going to have like 8-9 EL+Carabao Cup games where they can prove their worth.

I hear that mate but when that time comes where we do need them if they had a couple of 10 or 20 mins under their belt they would be more acclimatized.

And I'm not sure if I would use Ethan as the playmaker as Kovacic would be good I think.But open to him having a go.  

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I hear that mate but when that time comes where we do need them if they had a couple of 10 or 20 mins under their belt they would be more acclimatized.

And I'm not sure if I would use Ethan as the playmaker as Kovacic would be good I think.But open to him having a go.  

I would love to see these kids too but I'm sure you understand Sarri's choice. We all know how big the pressure is on Chelsea coaches shoulders(ask Di Matteo who was sacked months after a CL-title).. Of course Sarri wanted to win his first few matches, especially these though games(Arsenal, Newcaslte, Bmouth). Ampadu, Callum and Christensen will all play a couple of games this autumn and if they turned out to be great they will be in rotation next spring.

Johnnyeye and Unionjack like this

It's hard to believe this kid is only 17 he plays like an experience player the question is which his best position?