Jamie Vardy

the wes

I like this for these reason's.

1. He's got a strong mentality, led Leicester in a title race and delivered the goods in the CL knockout stages.

2. He would be a great alternative to Morata and i'm truly not big on Michy as a lone striker at-all tbh. Imagine if we brought Vardy on vs Spurs while they were committing men forward? They would have probably reverted back ten yards knowing one big punt over the top could have ended them.

3. He's a good safety net in case Morata needs time to adjust.

4. Would give us the depth (if Michy stays) to play 2 up front.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

correct me if Im wrong did Vardy not have gentleman agreement if he reject arsenal last season and play for another season with Leicester that if a big club comes in for him they would sell him this season??

On 8/22/2017 at 5:38 PM, Pizy said:

He'd be the perfect Plan B striker but he's the one player who is irreplaceable for Leicester. There's no chance they sell him at this point in the window.

He'd be the perfect Plan B striker? :carlo: How is he a Plan B striker when he's similar to Morata and Batshuayi? All 3 pacey strikers, have decent technical qualities but none of them offer qualities that are totally different from one another. A plan B striker at this point would be signing a big, physical striker like Llorente or Belotti.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

He'd be the perfect Plan B striker? :carlo: How is he a Plan B striker when he's similar to Morata and Batshuayi? All 3 pacey strikers, have decent technical qualities but none of them offer qualities that are totally different from one another. A plan B striker at this point would be signing a big, physical striker like Llorente or Belotti.

Huh? Vardy is absolutely nothing like Morata or Bats. Vardy does almost all of his damage on counter attacks by running on to a through ball or lob into open space where he can build up a head of steam. He is totally different to our strikers.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Huh? Vardy is absolutely nothing like Morata or Bats. Vardy does almost all of his damage on counter attacks by running on to a through ball or lob into open space where he can build up a head of steam. He is totally different to our strikers.

Morata or Batshuayi can do that if needed. Heck, Pedro can also do that. Why do we even need Vardy just for that and do we really need to spend big money on a one dimensional striker?

Jamie Vardy’s age and cost fits into #Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia’s plan to run the club on a more sustainable basis. [Mirror]

Chelsea are preparing a double bid for Leicester duo Jamie Vardy and Danny Drinkwater.

DH3V1WrUAAAUL6T.jpg

5 minutes ago, milka said:

Jamie Vardy’s age and cost fits into #Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia’s plan to run the club on a more sustainable basis. [Mirror]

Chelsea are preparing a double bid for Leicester duo Jamie Vardy and Danny Drinkwater.

DH3V1WrUAAAUL6T.jpg

WTF?!

He will cost a lot of money + he's 30.5!

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Morata or Batshuayi can do that if needed. Heck, Pedro can also do that. Why do we even need Vardy just for that And do we really want to spend big money on a one dimensional striker?

All true, and I don't think we do need him. I'm just saying that I'd have him here no questions asked if possible. Can see a fresh Jamie Vardy wreaking absolute havoc on tired legs. "Plan B" if we're struggling could involve bringing on Cesc to repeatedly play balls through and over the top to a rampaging Vardy. Massive pain in the ass for opposing teams. I'm imagining sides like West Brom who will set up only to defend for 90 minutes. They'll expend so much energy that bringing on a player like Vardy would be a great weapon to have rather than a lumbering giant like Llorente.

Not that any of this discussion matters anyways because they'd never sell him with no time to replace him and we'd probably have to pay far more than he's worth even if we had bought him earlier.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

All true, and I don't think we do need him. I'm just saying that I'd have him here no questions asked if possible. Can see a fresh Jamie Vardy wreaking absolute havoc on tired legs. "Plan B" if we're struggling could involve bringing on Cesc to repeatedly play balls through and over the top to a rampaging Vardy. Massive pain in the ass for opposing teams. I'm imagining sides like West Brom who will set up only to defend for 90 minutes. They'll expend so much energy that bringing on a player like Vardy would be a great weapon to have rather than a lumbering giant like Llorente.

Not that any of this discussion matters anyways because they'd never sell him with no time to replace him and we'd probably have to pay far more than he's worth even if we had bought him earlier.

If he wanted someone like him, we should have gone for Hernandez, who does similar things and is a deadly poacher inside the box.

12 hours ago, the wes said:

correct me if Im wrong did Vardy not have gentleman agreement if he reject arsenal last season and play for another season with Leicester that if a big club comes in for him they would sell him this season??

If he did, and it was made public, then I don't remember it.

15 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

Jamie is a girl name and feminine sounding and trying to act tough, his parents should have named him James or Jimmy instead.

You'd better tell this to Jamie Redknap and Jamie Carragher and all the other Jamie"s out there, oh male Jamie's I mean of course.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You