Jamie Vardy

the wes

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we plan to play with 2 strikers, we certainly need a 3 strikers. If he is available for a decent fee then he's certainly among the best we can bring but I can't see this transfer happening. Does anyone know how much years Vardy has on his contract?

2 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I love Michy as a guy, and think he has immense potential, Vardy has more about him right now, without a shadow of a doubt,  not even a debatable point.

Vardy's age is what puts me off, 30m ish for a 29 yr old.  

He's 30, going into 31 in 5 months. 

But it wouldn't put me off. We need another striker and I don't see any great options. Vardy for 2 years, why not ? Unless we're relying on Morata and Michy for a whole season which is ridiculous. Vardy and Morata in a duo? It could work. Against any good side we're always playing on a counter anyway so let's sign someone who's pretty good at this. Vardy is actually elite playing on a counter. We won't change, we'll be approaching any big game with that underdog mentality. For me it makes a lot of sense.

3 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

He's 30, going into 31 in 5 months. 

But it wouldn't put me off. We need another striker and I don't see any great options. Vardy for 2 years, why not ? Unless we're relying on Morata and Michy for a whole season which is ridiculous. Vardy and Morata in a duo? It could work. Against any good side we're always playing on a counter anyway so let's sign someone who's pretty good at this. Vardy is actually elite playing on a counter. We won't change, we'll be approaching any big game with that underdog mentality. For me it makes a lot of sense.

My issue isnt with his skill set, its the price for his age. What do you think they will demand for him if they want 40m for Drinkwater?

55 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

My issue isnt with his skill set, its the price for his age. What do you think they will demand for him if they want 40m for Drinkwater?

What's the issue with the price? Chelsea don't make an offer based on that they saved money on this player or that player. It's completely irrelevant for their evaluation. I give you example. If Chelsea value Vardy at 30m£ and sign him for 20m£ and then go for Van Dijk who they value at 50m£ they won't pay 60m£ because they saved 10m£ on others. It's been a case for years that Chelsea make their own evaluation of a player. So really don't bother with the money. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

What's the issue with the price? Chelsea don't make an offer based on that they saved money on this player or that player. It's completely irrelevant for their evaluation. I give you example. If Chelsea value Vardy at 30m£ and sign him for 20m£ and then go for Van Dijk who they value at 50m£ they won't pay 60m£ because they saved 10m£ on others. It's been a case for years that Chelsea make their own evaluation of a player. So really don't bother with the money. 

I understand that, but price paid is still an important figure especially when the player is an ageing striker reliant on pace. if its 30m or under im fine. 30-35 meh. 35 and over i don't like the deal. Budget matters and using more than we need to on an ageing player is not something i am interested in personally. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You