test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Jamie Vardy

Started by the wes,

35 posts in this topic

Not happening.. just spent 70M on a striker and we have far more important signings to make.

Plus they wont let him go.

If we plan to play with 2 strikers, we certainly need a 3 strikers. If he is available for a decent fee then he's certainly among the best we can bring but I can't see this transfer happening. Does anyone know how much years Vardy has on his contract?

He'd be the perfect Plan B striker but he's the one player who is irreplaceable for Leicester. There's no chance they sell him at this point in the window.

Wouldn't mind this one. we haven't got a striker that harasses defender i.e a Tevez type menace. Vardy would be decent for a couple of years although other positions should be a priority 

Tomo and DYC. like this

I love Michy as a guy, and think he has immense potential, Vardy has more about him right now, without a shadow of a doubt,  not even a debatable point.

Vardy's age is what puts me off, 30m ish for a 29 yr old.  

I have no interest in Vardy. He is a fine player, a hard worker, willing runner, pretty good finisher. But for the price they will want and his age? no thank you. 

Despiadado.Maleante likes this

2 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I love Michy as a guy, and think he has immense potential, Vardy has more about him right now, without a shadow of a doubt,  not even a debatable point.

Vardy's age is what puts me off, 30m ish for a 29 yr old.  

He's 30, going into 31 in 5 months. 

But it wouldn't put me off. We need another striker and I don't see any great options. Vardy for 2 years, why not ? Unless we're relying on Morata and Michy for a whole season which is ridiculous. Vardy and Morata in a duo? It could work. Against any good side we're always playing on a counter anyway so let's sign someone who's pretty good at this. Vardy is actually elite playing on a counter. We won't change, we'll be approaching any big game with that underdog mentality. For me it makes a lot of sense.

Tomo likes this

3 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

He's 30, going into 31 in 5 months. 

But it wouldn't put me off. We need another striker and I don't see any great options. Vardy for 2 years, why not ? Unless we're relying on Morata and Michy for a whole season which is ridiculous. Vardy and Morata in a duo? It could work. Against any good side we're always playing on a counter anyway so let's sign someone who's pretty good at this. Vardy is actually elite playing on a counter. We won't change, we'll be approaching any big game with that underdog mentality. For me it makes a lot of sense.

My issue isnt with his skill set, its the price for his age. What do you think they will demand for him if they want 40m for Drinkwater?

55 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

My issue isnt with his skill set, its the price for his age. What do you think they will demand for him if they want 40m for Drinkwater?

What's the issue with the price? Chelsea don't make an offer based on that they saved money on this player or that player. It's completely irrelevant for their evaluation. I give you example. If Chelsea value Vardy at 30m£ and sign him for 20m£ and then go for Van Dijk who they value at 50m£ they won't pay 60m£ because they saved 10m£ on others. It's been a case for years that Chelsea make their own evaluation of a player. So really don't bother with the money. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

What's the issue with the price? Chelsea don't make an offer based on that they saved money on this player or that player. It's completely irrelevant for their evaluation. I give you example. If Chelsea value Vardy at 30m£ and sign him for 20m£ and then go for Van Dijk who they value at 50m£ they won't pay 60m£ because they saved 10m£ on others. It's been a case for years that Chelsea make their own evaluation of a player. So really don't bother with the money. 

I understand that, but price paid is still an important figure especially when the player is an ageing striker reliant on pace. if its 30m or under im fine. 30-35 meh. 35 and over i don't like the deal. Budget matters and using more than we need to on an ageing player is not something i am interested in personally. 

I like this for these reason's.

1. He's got a strong mentality, led Leicester in a title race and delivered the goods in the CL knockout stages.

2. He would be a great alternative to Morata and i'm truly not big on Michy as a lone striker at-all tbh. Imagine if we brought Vardy on vs Spurs while they were committing men forward? They would have probably reverted back ten yards knowing one big punt over the top could have ended them.

3. He's a good safety net in case Morata needs time to adjust.

4. Would give us the depth (if Michy stays) to play 2 up front.

Jamie is a girl name and feminine sounding and trying to act tough, his parents should have named him James or Jimmy instead.