• Morata
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent first half. Chels look good pretty good until they reach the final third. That's when the precision and invention is lacking. But the boys have made the best out of a few opportunities so I have to applaud the finishing today. Excellent reactionary finish by Cesc and great cross from Cesar.

All this pre-match talk had me thinking Everton were gonna be a problem. But they've been awful, haha.

Kante and Alonso yet again the best players on the pitch for me. Fabregas grew as the game went on after an anonymous start.

Morata quietly racking up the stats with two goals and two assists to his name so far. Keep it up, son. Hope his game outside of the goals and assists grows. But if he continues to score and provide at this rate I obviously won't complain.

This win is in the bag. I don't care how Everton come out in the 2nd half, can't allow them to get back in this game. Keep on the pressure and add a third goal. A clean sheet would be nice.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Morata gets used to the constant physicality and players pushing him from behind and he'll score bucket loads. That's the only thing that's been subpar in his first couple of appearences.

And he's still producing for someone who is new to the league. 

Funny. First game I thought that Morata has been average despite the goal and assist. 

His link up is decent, but he has lost the ball a few too many times for me.

I know this is brought up every week, but our wing backs are terrible defensively. Alonso got burnt by the same move, consecutively. They push the ball on one side, and run around him. Terrible acceleration, and we get some worrying moments so close to goal. Moses was so good when he started in this role originally, but I feel like he is consistently getting worse in terms of positioning, and he also fumbles the ball in dangerous areas. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Morata gets used to the constant physicality and players pushing him from behind and he'll score bucket loads. That's the only thing that's been subpar in his first couple of appearences.

Question is can he adjust to it. Struggled with this in the Primera Divison also. His game with the back to the goal is awful tbh. Beside the goal and the lucky assist he is god damn awful. Also his runs are mistimed and he has no connection with the rest of the attacking team so far. If he doesnt get better fast, I see a difficult season coming up ...

the commentators here were making the cliched remarks, wondering if the bench selection was a message to the board about getting signings in.  It's so ridiculous.  Not naming a full bench would be a statement.  Who's he supposed to select?  That's the best we've got.

2 minutes ago, Toli said:

Question is can he adjust to it. Struggled with this in the Primera Divison also. His game with the back to the goal is awful tbh. Beside the goal and the lucky assist he is god damn awful. Also his runs are mistimed and he has no connection with the rest of the attacking team so far. If he doesnt get better fast, I see a difficult season coming up ...

I have little worries, he just need to go to the gym. A non physical  striker playing in a league that reward physicality yet two goals two assist.