• Morata
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easiest win over Everton? They were so bad. From our perspective, a solid performance and were the better side but it's just a shame that we didn't really put them to the sword when we should have. Other than that, good win, 6 points from 9 games. Now go sign players!

6 minutes ago, MetsajCFC said:

Solid performance. Kante is a machine. Anyone know what Fabregas' celebration was about? Might have misunderstood it but it seemed as if he was sarcastically waving to send a message?

I think he was gesturing to his little daughter up in the luxury box.

Anyways, I thought we could've been a bit more assertive in the second half and pressed harder for more but since Everton weren't bothered we sort of just dropped our intensity to their level.

Great to head into the break with two massive wins. 

The unmentionable one will win this league unless something happens pretty soon.
With Hazard back we will be stronger but we need upgrades.
Someone wrote we would have no chance against PSG - let alone RM etc. That's not fair for Chelsea football club.

Comfortable performance. Good decision to play fabregas especially against sigurdson and rooney. 

Morata still need to get stronger and get better understanding with his teammate, other than that he should be ok. He hasn't scored with this feet though. Two header goals and two header assists :D

Kante and our backline were good as usual.

We need an upgrade for rwb position because moses final ball is very poor but I think Conte already know this because he said we were trying to sign walker from spurs

My only concern/annoyance was Moses. I swear he gave away about 5 stupid fouls on Baines. The scouting Conte would have been hammering home all week in training was not to allow Sigurdson opportunities on setpieces and that was really the only way Everton threatened today. It was Moses giving them away.

His football brain is really lacking. Upgrade and competition really needed this next week!

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

My only concern/annoyance was Moses. I swear he gave away about 5 stupid fouls on Baines. The scouting Conte would have been hammering home all week in training was not to allow Sigurdson opportunities on setpieces and that was really the only way Everton threatened today. It was Moses giving them away.

His football brain is really lacking. Upgrade and competition really needed this next week!

I think Moses was visibly frustrated with his lack of involvement in this gme. Willian was drifting inside all the time and seemingly ignoring Moses in almost every attack, only passing to him when he had no other options. Ofc that's no excuse for all those lazy fouls though.

Just now, Amblève. said:

I think Moses was visibly frustrated with his lack of involvement in this gme. Willian was drifting inside all the time and seemingly ignoring Moses in almost every attack, only passing to him when he had no other options. Ofc that's no excuse for all those lazy fouls though.

That is a bad excuse for his performance. You just described his role as wb which is to create width for the team so our am can drift inside. 

Just now, communicate said:

That is a bad excuse for his performance. You just described his role as wb which is to create width for the team so our am can drift inside. 

I explicitly said that my post wasn't meant to be an excuse.

However, I disagree that a WB's role is to solely stand around while the rest of the team is playing centrally. You have to actually use your width for it to be effective; the only one who used Moses in space was Fabregas today.

Everton sometimes perform well against us at the bridge but not today - very poor.
The commentators were on about Everton's exertions during the week but I think they were patting them in the back a little because that match against Maribor in Croatia was no more then a training exercise.
However we 're in for similar journeys in the weeks to come, to Italy, Spain, Kazakhstan.
You think wre we going to play like Everton did today after every such midweek journey ?