test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-0 Everton

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

191 posts in this topic

Everton sometimes perform well against us at the bridge but not today - very poor.
The commentators were on about Everton's exertions during the week but I think they were patting them in the back a little because that match against Maribor in Croatia was no more then a training exercise.
However we 're in for similar journeys in the weeks to come, to Italy, Spain, Kazakhstan.
You think wre we going to play like Everton did today after every such midweek journey ?

A nice easy no injuries 3 points clean sheet home win - just what the doctor ordered going into break, everything  else just use mastercard :beer:

manpe likes this

There's been a lot of talk about how we are weak (in depth) in some position's but one position we are infinity times stronger in is CB. I love Terry and Zouma but one is past his best and the other doesn't fit Antonio's system and they have been replaced with two player's tailor made for 3 at the back.

Very happy with Rudiger and Christensen, the latter has a big future but will probably be eased in for a year or two, i just hope to god he sees the bigger picture and doesn't pull a Lukaku.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

There's been a lot of talk about how we are weak (in depth) in some position's but one position we are infinity times stronger in is CB. I love Terry and Zouma but one is past his best and the other doesn't fit Antonio's system and they have been replaced with two player's tailor made for 3 at the back.

Very happy with Rudiger and Christensen, the latter has a big future but will probably be eased in for a year or two, i just hope to god he sees the bigger picture and doesn't pull a Lukaku.

Mmm i'm not  excited with Rudiger , i will give him time 2bh , but he dosn't excite as much as Christensen 

7 hours ago, Barbara said:

We looked rusted in the attack, Morata didn't look sharp, but then we started getting better, sharper and then we completely dominated, but it must be said Everton so far was a no-show

Wait till Hazard and him +co find there fitness + mojo then judge , game 3 of the bigger picture!

I wasn't able to watch this match but man am I so glad :)

Morata is scoring goals would have even though all of them so far has been headers. For now he  needs to gain confidence in PL with all these goals. Now work towards titles and playing good football

Johnnyeye likes this

Something non transfer related, 

We essentially played 424 and looked rather good doing it (Everton were tired and short players but regardless) With Kante/Baka it will be even more secure through the middle. Could be interesting moving forward. 

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/8/29/16222242/chelsea-v-everton-by-the-numbers

Johnnyeye likes this