• Kante
    • Luiz
    • Bakayoko
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

23 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Jesus fuck, any sane Chelsea supporter should be excited for this match as it's been too long since a big game like this. Simply the fact that Chelsea will play again should excite supporters.

Tottenham away? Love it.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think Conte will play Luiz in midfield. Having lost Cahill, I would expect him to try to minimise the changes made to the defence and work with the back three we had today. Yes it was a shambles in the first half today, but I think we just completely lost our heads following the sending off. In the second half we did look much improved.

I've got a feeling he might look at playing Azpilicueta alongside Kante. No logic, just a gut feeling that he may be the most trusted of everyone to be as tactically disciplined as possible in the middle. If I'm trying to find any logic I guess the game at WHL last season did expose Azpilicueta's lack of height in the air which would be eradicated with a back 3 of Luiz, Rudiger and Christensen.

More on that point, i think yesterday just highlighted even more why Alonso needs a massive upgrade. 

His lack of athleticism in closing down crosses will be the death of us in defense imo. We already saw these issues last year with the likes of Ibrahimovic/Kane/Lukaku targeting Azpi for their crosses.

And If you remember last year, Eriksen alone provided 4 crosses that led to goals against us!  

2 at White heart Lane and 2 in the FA Cup Semi's. 

Rudiger/Luiz/Christensen need to prove throughout the season that their good enough in the air, because yesterday was a nightmare, just look at Burnley's 2nd goal. 

I've said it long and hard that imo Dave aint a wing back, he's a versatile defender and brilliant at it.

FFS Tonio play him at the back, where he should be, if had been in the defence yesterday, they would never have turned us over like that.

@Fulham Broadway

Thanks for the condolences mate much appriciated.

hesiofus

10 hours ago, AChes1ofus said:

I've been a Chelse supporter for over 50 years, i've worried over the years about certain games, but this one is frightening the fucking life out of me, just hope they don't cane our arses no pun intended.

I know this is off subject but look at the team we're likely to put out FFS.

How have the board allowed this fucking shambles to happen, we've brought in an injured player, and a totally unfit one, and fuck all else, they've dithered fucked about missed out on players because they don't want to stump up the money, but Chelsea under Abramovic initiated this it at this club, sometimes you just have to over pay over the odds to get the players you want otherwise this is how you end up, if we don't liven ourselves up and bring in an influx off players then I fear the worst, not just for this game but the season.

No other club in European football has fucked about like Chelsea.

Just to add my dear old mum passed away friday i'm beside myself with grief, then i watch that fucking shambles against burnley, now we've got this game coming up, I can't remember a week any worst than this for me.

hes1ofus

stay strong mate.

Winning this would be reminiscent of our 1-0 at the Etihad three years and a half ago, where everyone was writing us off because of City's unbeaten home record and their form at the time, at the end, we ended up winning and could even have scored 2 or 3 more in the 1st half.

Sadly don't see this happening this time around, I know the boys will put all their heart in it, I'm very happy with the performances of Rudiger, Morata and Christensen, they're all great additions to this squad but we're still not balanced yet, we are under huge pressure because of our recent form and shortage in personnel, and if there is one thing that the 2012-2017 generation taught me is that they don't respond well to pressure, we have mostly won our two league titles by being very consistent against the smaller sides..

Let's hope I'm mistaken, in any case, I'm waiting for mid-end September to start being optimistic again, once we got our marquee players back and had time to work on our best formation/set-up.

UTC

Slow in build up, opponents all back in position and waiting.  No support from other players in attack , only 2 or 3 players will go against back 6 in front of goal mouth .The rest rooted on the field. Chelsea loves to kick the ball from side to side and back to the keeper giving ample time for opponents to reorganise, losing the element of surprise and error.  Does not even try to shoot when out of the penalty box.

4 hours ago, Adnane said:

Winning this would be reminiscent of our 1-0 at the Etihad three years and a half ago, where everyone was writing us off because of City's unbeaten home record and their form at the time, at the end, we ended up winning and could even have scored 2 or 3 more in the 1st half.

Sadly don't see this happening this time around, I know the boys will put all their heart in it, I'm very happy with the performances of Rudiger, Morata and Christensen, they're all great additions to this squad but we're still not balanced yet, we are under huge pressure because of our recent form and shortage in personnel, and if there is one thing that the 2012-2017 generation taught me is that they don't respond well to pressure, we have mostly won our two league titles by being very consistent against the smaller sides..

Let's hope I'm mistaken, in any case, I'm waiting for mid-end September to start being optimistic again, once we got our marquee players back and had time to work on our best formation/set-up.

UTC

I would say it would be more reminiscent of the 2-0 at Anfield a few month's later given we were even more depleted for that game than we will be next Sunday.

On August 12, 2017 at 9:26 PM, CHOULO19 said:

I know that is the most likely XI, but I hadn't really considered it all together until you wrote it down...

...all I will say is that Conte should be given another season extension..and a bloody statue outside the brige if we manage to beat Spurs with that lineup!

Two thing's im clinging onto.

1. That side isn't as weak as the one that managed to win at Anfield in 2014 against the odds.

2. Im sure even our depleted side are better than Levekusen when they beat Spurs at Wembley.

Other than that im struggling, reckon we can recall the poltergeist who kept goal with Cech for the 2012 CL win?

After 6 games last season, we had 10 points... I think we can better that, and we have a far harder schedule this time around. 

Our backline is fine in my opinion. We are better with Christensen than Cahill. What is the deal with Moses? Will he be available? 

Wings are fine. Hopefully Pedro is back. If not, Willian and Musonda are good enough. They're pacy, and against the Spurs given our lack of depth, hitting them on the counter will be what we try and do. 

The only question is who will play in the middle of the park? I didn't like Azpi at RWB, so if Moses is available, play him there, and maybe Azpi steps into that middle role? Or Luiz, since he is better on the ball and a far better passer. Think we would be pretty solid defensively that way. 

Everyone needs to calm down with the panic. One game didn't go our way. We started horribly last season, and by all statistics, we had one of the most dominant title runs ever. Things don't look good at the moment with depth, but lets hope the board get cracking on that end and assess things in 5 game patches, not game by game, or minute by minute as some did in the game thread talking about how our season was over after the first half. 

Back to the Mourinho days with this one. Park a big bus and hit them on the break. Luiz and Kante may actually cope with Spurs' midfield so we don't get overrun there like we did last year. Big games needed from Morata and Willian.

Burnley game was weird cause in one hand we lost to fucking Burnley and on the other there were promising signs. I genuinely think we can beat them but that's only possible if we don't fall in behind early, if not at all.