• Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I'd like to see this:

Boga Morata Willian

Alonso Kante Luiz Moses(?)

Rudiger Christensen Azpi

Courtois

I know that is the most likely XI, but I hadn't really considered it all together until you wrote it down...

...all I will say is that Conte should be given another season extension..and a bloody statue outside the brige if we manage to beat Spurs with that lineup!

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know Luiz will be able to deal with the physicality of Wanyama/Dier/Dembele, it's the positional discipline I'm worried about. If we can slow the game down I think we have a decent chance. If they just press constantly and target our midfield we're toast.

Tibo

Azpi-Christensen-Rudiger

Moses-Luiz-Kante-Alonso

Willian-Morata-Pedro?

The bench however would be ridiculous.

I think with such 11 we would have decent chance, after all they dont play at whl. 

15 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

I think the team has enough motivation to win this one as long as there is decent refereeing.

That's honestly what worries me. I can see tons of calls going Spurs' way and the referee losing control of this match quickly.

I agree, even with the lack of depth, we have enough quality to put out a starting XI that can beat Spurs.

I don't think Conte will play Luiz in midfield. Having lost Cahill, I would expect him to try to minimise the changes made to the defence and work with the back three we had today. Yes it was a shambles in the first half today, but I think we just completely lost our heads following the sending off. In the second half we did look much improved.

I've got a feeling he might look at playing Azpilicueta alongside Kante. No logic, just a gut feeling that he may be the most trusted of everyone to be as tactically disciplined as possible in the middle. If I'm trying to find any logic I guess the game at WHL last season did expose Azpilicueta's lack of height in the air which would be eradicated with a back 3 of Luiz, Rudiger and Christensen.

28 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think Conte will play Luiz in midfield. Having lost Cahill, I would expect him to try to minimise the changes made to the defence and work with the back three we had today. Yes it was a shambles in the first half today, but I think we just completely lost our heads following the sending off. In the second half we did look much improved.

I've got a feeling he might look at playing Azpilicueta alongside Kante. No logic, just a gut feeling that he may be the most trusted of everyone to be as tactically disciplined as possible in the middle. If I'm trying to find any logic I guess the game at WHL last season did expose Azpilicueta's lack of height in the air which would be eradicated with a back 3 of Luiz, Rudiger and Christensen.

That will work wonders to be fair. 

Azpi next to Kante. 

But who takes Azpi spot in the wings? Boga? 

im reading comments that we will get trounced by Tottenham, i remember last season before the FA Cup semi final, people were already throwing in the towel saying we would lose to them easily, this was after our loss at Old Trafford, some people were already panicking and we won 4-2 in the end, i know its a different scenario this time around, but support the team for fucks sake, have some faith, what i saw in the 2nd half actually gave me a lot of hope going in to this match, i know we lost today and yes we do need more signings, because the team is short in options at the moment with injuries and suspensions, we need to have squad depth. I do believe we can win this one, despite things looking bleak, it all depends on how we start the game, and if the players have the right discipline and attitude on the field, they will learn after today´s sending offs, but one thing is certain Morata has to start, also Tottenham wont be playing at White Hart Lane and we can definitely take advantage of this, they are a different monster at the Lane, i see a lot of people writing us off already before this game, but we can actually surprise everyone, we´ll see what happens. Cheers

at the moment we have these players available: Courtois, Rudiger, Christensen, Azpi, Alonso, Moses, Luiz, Kante, William, Boga, Morata, Bats, Kenedy, Musonda, Pedro? 

soon we will have Hazard, Bakayoko, Cesc, Pedro, Cahill available again and hopefully a few more signings before the transfer window closes.

Just believe in the team. Cheers and KTBFFH

6 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

Losing Cesc and Cahill in tr starting 11 is a good thing for this match. Luiz and Kante is a better pair for this game. 

Park a bus and play on the counter, we've done it before 

Yes, oddly I think this will work in Chelsea's favour

Courtois

Rudiger Luiz Christensen

Moses Azpilicueta Kante Alonso

Pedro Morata Willian

and a bench of inexperienced newbs.