test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 2-3 Burnley

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   46 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alons
    • Fabregas
    • Kante
    • Boga
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

622 posts in this topic

Okey, I dont see us get clean sheet but 2-1/3-1 should be good. Burnley surelly gonna park bus so we need Cesc. I cant watch this game but i have good feelings.

A bit different but i wouldn't be against a change of formation for this game. i love the 3/4/3 5/4/1 whichever you want to call it however:

Burnley wont come to attack - they will counter but Kante can stop that

Available players could be a problem 

Possible lineups:

Tbo

azpi luiz cahil alonso

willian cesc kante pedro

bats morata 

Tbo 

christensen luiz cahil azpi (chrisensen an option as this team looks short)

cesc kante

willian musonda pedro

bats/morata 

What i expect:

tbo

rudiger luiz cahil

azpi cesc kante alonso

willian bats pedro

Everybody with a mouth has written Chelsea off this season. 

The hope is we repeat shades of last year when we quietly went about racking up the wins. Burnley have lost a first choice central defender and a striker and are awful away from home. Chelsea should win, should sign a couple of wingbacks and all will be well again. 

nachikethas likes this

29 minutes ago, Strike said:

The hope is we repeat shades of last year when we quietly went about racking up the wins. Burnley have lost a first choice central defender and a striker and are awful away from home. Chelsea should win, should sign a couple of wingbacks and all will be well again. 

Can't really blame anyone for writing off Chelsea.  2 key players lost, leadership lost in dressing room, young replacements (with no premier league experience), no first choice striker, best player injured for a while. 

Hopefully Conte works his magic and manages to keep Chelsea on the right track until Hazard's return

Expecting a 2-1 win for Chelsea. 

Leif likes this

Know it won't happen but I wish we'd batter them something like three goals scored before HT and five, six goals scored at FT and make a statement that we're not dead and burried as they all think we are.

Burnley are absolutely dog shite away from home and on top of this they've lost three important starters. Only Jack Cork is a decent signing - Bardsley and Walters are irrelevant.

We're having problems of our own, but it's going to be a easy win. Hopefully a very big one followed by a positive result against Spurs at their bogey ground to shut everyone's mouth off.

Pedro out injured, Rudiger may start as rwb for suspended Moses

Bad news continues to pile up. Guess we'll see Bats and Morata up top again together.

So:

Tibo

Azpi-Cahill-Luiz

Rudiger-Cesc-Kante-Alonso

Willian-Morata

Mitchy

and a bench full of youth (Who's not loaned)

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Surely Azpi will play in Moses's place with Rüdiger at CB?

Id rather Rudiger at RWB

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Surely Azpi will play in Moses's place with Rüdiger at CB?

Wouldnt actually be surprised. I remember the few time Ivanovic came on Azpi stayed as the CB.

Just now, gadget said:

Id rather Rudiger at RWB

I wouldn't play him there in his very first start for us. He can fill in there in an emergency.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wouldn't play him there in his very first start for us. He can fill in there in an emergency.

first start or not, Azpi cannot play RWB for me

Im pessimistic about this season as the squad currently stands. But boy oh boy am I happy Moses is suspended!!!! Yippy!!! You watch how much smoother our attacking is with Azpi playing rwb. He won't be running past people to the byline, but he'll be efficient. His head will be up and he will find Willian/Kante/Rudiger and pass much quicker than Moses. I expect possession to be recycled on our right much more efficiently. 

And anyway, when moses does dribble at players his crossing is piss poor anyway! 

And Azpu will SHUT SHIT DOWN on our right side. No more clueless Victor looking to stand in line with the other defenders oblivious to what's going on around him. 

Fuck it, i'm actually excited for this game. Go on Dave!

I'm guessing the front 3 will be Bats, Morata, Willian with Musonda as a sub, Fab and Kante CM, Ruediger starting as RCB, Dave at RWB.

Such a thin squad. Wow.

My choice might be to use Musonda from the outset and let Morata hit them late, but IDK.

9 hours ago, Strike said:

Can't blame them. I am worried that this time they might end up being right. We dont have the depth in our squad to compete in all competitions. If we do manage to rack up a silverware or two it would be nothing short of miracle and would go prove that Conte is a genius!

we are starting the season in a backfoot with key players out with injury how fucked are we? I mean without that much technical nous I can tell that Conte is fucked I can't believe that our board can't see this? or if they do they aren't doing anything about it.