• Boga
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

That was never a red card. Cahill stretches his leg so as not to hurt the opponent and he puts him off balance - unavoidable the way the two men were entangled.

that cunt of a ref didnt hesitate for 1 second and when the Burnley player 2 footed tackled Morata he only got a yellow, it tells you a lot how biased this shit ref was.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

We need to work on defending against crosses

Huge issue we had last season as well. We make it so easy for the crosser to pick his target out. Must work on closing that player down.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Huge issue we had last season as well. We make it so easy for the crosser to pick his target out. Must work on closing that player down.

our loss to Spurs at White Hart Lane comes to mind, two crosses for Alli to head in

Well that referee should be on the next ''should've gone to specsavers'' advert, Stevie fucking wonder wouldn't of give half that shit n he's blind ffs. Team showed spirit in the second half. And to the people who says conte has lost the dressing room, your talking absolute bollocks.

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Also, great to see the fight from all the team,

That's no doubt an essential trait to have in the team and it's great to see it but pardon me if I'm being harsh here, I'm kinda sick of seeing us go AWOL in the first half and then play well in the second to claim some sort of moral victory. It's happened too often (dating back to games at the back end of last season). Why we didn't we start the game today like we ended it? Why did we only turn up after going 3-0 down? Had the mentality been right from the first second, we wouldn't be sitting here and complaining about the referee, red cards, performance etc.

25 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Spurs will take note from today because of our innability to deal with Burnley´s crosses, Spurs have great crossers and headers of the ball, we will need to adress that immediately, remember last season´s loss at White Hart Lane?. Cheers

Yeah Erikkson had too much time and space last season , going to a be a conte headache or 2 for this 1

3 hours ago, Jason said:

That's no doubt an essential trait to have in the team and it's great to see it but pardon me if I'm being harsh here, I'm kinda sick of seeing us go AWOL in the first half and then play well in the second to claim some sort of moral victory. It's happened too often (dating back to games at the back end of last season). Why we didn't we start the game today like we ended it? Why did we only turn up after going 3-0 down? Had the mentality been right, we wouldn't be sitting here and complaining about the referee, red cards, performance etc.

10 against 11 is no easy task to perform.
Also it always happens that small time entities like Burnley are at their best in the early bit of the season.
It does however leave a huge question mark as to what happens next, given that our next opponent is Spurs, nominally the second best team in England.

31 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Spurs will take note from today because of our innability to deal with Burnley´s crosses, Spurs have great crossers and headers of the ball, we will need to adress that immediately, remember last season´s loss at White Hart Lane?. Cheers

When we played with 10 men with 5 defence, alonso looks hesistant to press forward hence burnley can cross the ball with ease.  It is going to be a problem agjnst spurs but need to wait who will play as cm

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's no doubt an essential trait to have in the team and it's great to see it but pardon me if I'm being harsh here, I'm kinda sick of seeing us go AWOL in the first half and then play well in the second to claim some sort of moral victory. It's happened too often (dating back to games at the back end of last season). Why we didn't we start the game today like we ended it? Why did we only turn up after going 3-0 down? Had the mentality been right, we wouldn't be sitting here and complaining about the referee, red cards, performance etc.

We started quite well, controlled the game, but we lose our head once cahill got red carded

Not the start we wanted, but my anger has subsided a bit now. 

On the positive the spirit and character when down to 9 was fantastic, just what we want going forward. 

I am more pissed off with losing Cesc and Cahill for the Yids at Wembley

9 minutes ago, communicate said:

We started quite well, controlled the game, but we lose our head once cahill got red carded

Quite well? Not for me. We started okay but struggled to play around Burnley's pressing and bad signs were already there once Alonso got a yellow card inside 2-3 minutes.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not the start we wanted, but my anger has subsided a bit now. 

On the positive the spirit and character when down to 9 was fantastic, just what we want going forward. 

I am more pissed off with losing Cesc and Cahill for the Yids at Wembley

Losing cahill is not a problem, we have 2 good backub cb in rudi n chriatensen. Not sure who will play as cm, maybe luiz

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

what about the brainless 59 minutes?

we can chose to sulk in that or try to look at the bright side after that :P

I like to do the latter.

Not the ideal start to the season 2 red cards opening day, a loss and the fact that our team has become more thin.

Carefree just like our board who seem to not care about getting players that are much needed for our squad. I would be happy if we are in the top 4 at the end of this season. Obviously no hopes for CL with this depleted squad. If this continues Hazard would be out next season to Real/Barca. Clearly the club is satisfied with the solo CL cup that we have.

I feel sorry for Conte after what he did last season he doesnt deserve this. He needs a club that can actually feed his desire to play good football and can spend to his liking.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Quite well? Not for me. We started okay but struggled to play around Burnley's pressing and bad early signs were already there once Alonso got a yellow card inside 2-3 minutes.

We always struggle to play around pressing that is why bakayoko ability to run is needed. But we looked fine, Burnley does not look like scoring n we create enough width to send dangerous cross. 

All debutants impressed (I'm including Christensen there even though he already played under Mourinho. He is a new player now).

Batshuayi has to do better with his chances. Morata showed him how to link up and be dangerous.

Ref was terrible. Had no control over anything, and looked like he just hated Chelsea. The yellow to Rudiger was bizzarre.

I guess Christensen or Scott will get the chance in the middle against Spurs, and Tomori will slot in the CB position. Gutted for Boga.