• Kante
    • Boga
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

It's quite clear: Conte lost the dressing room over the Costa situation. 

We've been down to 10 men against harder teams than Burnley and shown greater conviction. We saw more backbone in 15/16 under Mourinho, even under Hiddink.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Henrique said:

team is a mess, 5-3-1. How do you expect the team do to anything different than that? 

They maybe set up in a 5-3-1 formation but that doesn't mean they have to walk around like scenes from The Walking Dead.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

A lot of it is the boards fault. Compare our squads to Man United or Arsenal's. Compare it to Spurs. And its laughable to put it up against this Current City team. So wtf is our ambition for the season according to the board if our team was clearly never going to be up to par to defend the title and fight for the Champions league? So ZERO ambition. They've created an atmoshphere of a lack of enthusiasm at the club and its showing today. 

Its a game against fucking BURNLEY!! If you think the current squad is not good enough to play a decent game against Burnley, even if down to 10 man, then you are crazy.

Let's hope the board wakes up, better screw it up now and still have time to fix it then in a couple of weeks. Stay positive!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

A lot of it is the boards fault. Compare our squads to Man United or Arsenal's. Compare it to Spurs. And its laughable to put it up against this Current City team. So wtf is our ambition for the season according to the board if our team was clearly never going to be up to par to defend the title and fight for the Champions league? So ZERO ambition. They've created an atmoshphere of a lack of enthusiasm at the club and its showing today. 

Lack of signings are irrelevant for this game. This starting 11 should win. No excuses. "Atmosphere of lack......" We bought Morata for 70M and he is sitting on the bench. Everything else is irrelevant.

43 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Because he plays on left side...

He is technicaly RCB or RB. Much better on that side.

But nevermind everyone is having horror half. Bats is invisible, I prefer Costa antics all day over this. Willian tries everything on his own. Kante is DM and arguably most composed player in this team. Cesc is absolute shit too. A playmaker but is shit in posession and cant set our tempo anyhow. Two or three quality long passes dont make you a starter in such team. But great that we sold Matic, yeah. Defenders are having nightmare, however our attack is piss poor too. No chemistry whatsoever. 

Hopefuly we come back second half, but I doubt it. At least play Morata. 

Doesn't make a difference for me. He was praised for his performance against Arsenal (I think) in pre-season, talk about his ability on the ball. It flew over my head. I just don't see it. And it was the same for Roma. He gets the ball and looks akward as hell. Neither the skill or creativity level of his passing and dribbling impress me. Luiz is a different story. He's a natural on the ball. Overly ambitious but a natural. Would never have him as my RB as well. Pretty decent crosser though, I'll admit that.

This game is done. Maybe if Chels were at full strength. Question is how the team reacts in the next game.

Just now, BlueLion. said:

We've been down to 10 men against harder teams than Burnley and shown greater conviction. We saw more backbone in 15/16 under Mourinho, even under Hiddink.

Absolutely not. Costa didn't hold that much power in the dressing room. Entertaining, clownish figure yes but he was hardly Drogba or JT status. I'm sure majority of our squad saw him for the nutter he was after the China fiasco. That's absolutely NOT the problem now. 

what a joke of a game so far. Cahill can fuck off for all i care, needless red card, but even with 10 men they should do much better, the team are in shambles and a pain to watch, no organization in defence whatsover, they are letting Burnley cross the ball at will, thats 2 goals for Vokes and from a set piece which they had time to deal with the ball they let Ward score a screamer, what a joke of a team display, no creativity, no build up play, too many misplaced passes, we deserve to lose today unless a miracle happens in the 2nd half, which looks very doubtful, i just look at the bench and cry. This is a huge wake up call for the board to make more signings before the transfer window is over, we clearly have no depth and yet the club allow players to be sold and loaned without getting replacements. Losing 3-0 at home to fucking Burnley is a disgrace and everyone need a huge kick up the ass, this is a disgrace for Chelsea Football Club. I will always support the team regardless of the result. Cheers

Just now, BlueLion. said:

I have to admit you might have a point. The display today is weird and unusual. Its also weird that Costa still is a Chelsea player...

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Absolutely not. Costa didn't hold that much power in the dressing room. Entertaining, clownish figure yes but he was hardly Drogba or JT status. I'm sure majority of our squad saw him for the nutter he was after the China fiasco. That's absolutely NOT the problem now. 

Okay - so how else do we explain the complete capitulation here? No pride, no backbone, no desire. We've been in worse positions than 1-0 down and a red card at home to Burnley - the players have effectively bent over and Burnley have gone in dry. Gutless.

People said we are not gonna win the title last season but this season they are right. We can forget about it already. I do not see us improving for Tottenham with a completely unsettled defence no Hazard, no baka, fabregas starting in midfield, morata not really in the team yet and we have the worst starting schedule i have ever seen. Get players in and focus on the Champions League. 

2 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Its a game against fucking BURNLEY!! If you think the current squad is not good enough to play a decent game against Burnley, even if down to 10 man, then you are crazy.

We finished 10th two seasons ago and were in the relegation zone under Mourinho. It's not like we have a team of world class players and what is happening now is impossible