test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 2-3 Burnley

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   46 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alons
    • Fabregas
    • Kante
    • Boga
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

622 posts in this topic
Just now, lucashm said:

Also, Batschuayi showed on the last match that he did not deserve to start. But Conte is too afraid to play Morata from the start, he would rather go with the "tested"

I'm sorry, but 2 of the 3 goals are the direct result of Luiz not defending properly, if there's one player who deserves criticism for this first half it's him. I really hope Morata makes a difference in the second half, but playing all alone with no support and zero creativity from midfield, I'm really curious.

DDA likes this

Just now, communicate said:

This is what happen when a thin squad lose their 2 starting winger, a starting cm,a starting wb and get a red card. We are screwed. 

Yet what is going to happen? Conte leaving, either by himself or sacked, and Emenal and the incompetent woman will be happily sitting on their asses in a nice chair.

Few observations... Rudiger is pretty bad. Christensen is better than Rudiger and Cahill. So much more competent with the ball at his feet, and one of the only players that was actually in the right place each time the ball was coming in. 

Azpi should never play RWB. He is a better CB. We should be starting with Azpi, Luiz and Christensen. 

Alonso is our weakest link, by far. He should be a squad rotation player. This is not overreaction, but something that a lot of the board was saying even when we were winning. Moses is a better player too. 

Michy is more than likely nervous, because his first touch and hold up has never been this bad. Morata would be useful at half time. 

Willian and Luiz have been decent for me. 

3 minutes ago, positivefootball said:

Lol incredible the people trying to deflect all the blame on Conte and blame it on the board. We wont be buying a whole new 11. This starting 11 has no excuse to lose to Burnley. Incredible the delusion.

A lot of it is the boards fault. Compare our squads to Man United or Arsenal's. Compare it to Spurs. And its laughable to put it in the same sentence as this City team. Every man and his fucking dog sees this, So wtf is our ambition for the season according to the board if our team was clearly never going to be up to par to defend the title and fight for the Champions league? So ZERO ambition. They've created an atmoshphere of a lack of enthusiasm at the club and its showing today. 

The Mak and Mufassir08 like this

Just now, DDA said:

Are you watching the game? Zero pressing or urgency to fight for the game since Cahill went off. That is the players decision, nobody elses.

team is a mess, 5-3-1. How do you expect the team do to anything different than that? 

DYC. and positivefootball like this

It's quite clear: Conte lost the dressing room over the Costa situation. 

We've been down to 10 men against harder teams than Burnley and shown greater conviction. We saw more backbone in 15/16 under Mourinho, even under Hiddink.

Just now, Henrique said:

team is a mess, 5-3-1. How do you expect the team do to anything different than that? 

They maybe set up in a 5-3-1 formation but that doesn't mean they have to walk around like scenes from The Walking Dead.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

A lot of it is the boards fault. Compare our squads to Man United or Arsenal's. Compare it to Spurs. And its laughable to put it up against this Current City team. So wtf is our ambition for the season according to the board if our team was clearly never going to be up to par to defend the title and fight for the Champions league? So ZERO ambition. They've created an atmoshphere of a lack of enthusiasm at the club and its showing today. 

Its a game against fucking BURNLEY!! If you think the current squad is not good enough to play a decent game against Burnley, even if down to 10 man, then you are crazy.

Let's hope the board wakes up, better screw it up now and still have time to fix it then in a couple of weeks. Stay positive!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Emenalo is watching this from the first row. Hope Abramovich is too. And that Emenalo together with that incompetent woman in our board are sacked immediately.

dream on

Can't watch the game. Saw 0-3, shocked! What happened? Why Boga subbed for Christensen, what formation we playing now? What did GC do?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

A lot of it is the boards fault. Compare our squads to Man United or Arsenal's. Compare it to Spurs. And its laughable to put it up against this Current City team. So wtf is our ambition for the season according to the board if our team was clearly never going to be up to par to defend the title and fight for the Champions league? So ZERO ambition. They've created an atmoshphere of a lack of enthusiasm at the club and its showing today. 

Lack of signings are irrelevant for this game. This starting 11 should win. No excuses. "Atmosphere of lack......" We bought Morata for 70M and he is sitting on the bench. Everything else is irrelevant.

Henrique and DYC. like this

43 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Because he plays on left side...

He is technicaly RCB or RB. Much better on that side.

But nevermind everyone is having horror half. Bats is invisible, I prefer Costa antics all day over this. Willian tries everything on his own. Kante is DM and arguably most composed player in this team. Cesc is absolute shit too. A playmaker but is shit in posession and cant set our tempo anyhow. Two or three quality long passes dont make you a starter in such team. But great that we sold Matic, yeah. Defenders are having nightmare, however our attack is piss poor too. No chemistry whatsoever. 

Hopefuly we come back second half, but I doubt it. At least play Morata. 

Doesn't make a difference for me. He was praised for his performance against Arsenal (I think) in pre-season, talk about his ability on the ball. It flew over my head. I just don't see it. And it was the same for Roma. He gets the ball and looks akward as hell. Neither the skill or creativity level of his passing and dribbling impress me. Luiz is a different story. He's a natural on the ball. Overly ambitious but a natural. Would never have him as my RB as well. Pretty decent crosser though, I'll admit that.

This game is done. Maybe if Chels were at full strength. Question is how the team reacts in the next game.

Just now, BlueLion. said:

It's quite clear: Conte lost the dressing room over the Costa situation. 

We've been down to 10 men against harder teams than Burnley and shown greater conviction. We saw more backbone in 15/16 under Mourinho, even under Hiddink.

Absolutely not. Costa didn't hold that much power in the dressing room. Entertaining, clownish figure yes but he was hardly Drogba or JT status. I'm sure majority of our squad saw him for the nutter he was after the China fiasco. That's absolutely NOT the problem now. 

positivefootball likes this

First game of the season. Some of you need to calm down though. lol...

Why is conte in the wrong? Have u seen that Fucking bench what's he actually meant to do he has morata that's it. Morata will not change this game around.