test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Danny Drinkwater

Started by xPetrCechx,

427 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Bring back Romeu. Three times the player Drinkwater is.

Or get in Dendoncker, Huge talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Bring back Romeu. Three times the player Drinkwater is.

Think this is a HomeGrown thing tbh. 

Thought on Sergio Roberto? United and Chelsea are in for him, but apparently he wants assurances he'll mostly be played in CM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Think this is a HomeGrown thing tbh. 

Thought on Sergio Roberto? United and Chelsea are in for him, but apparently he wants assurances he'll mostly be played in CM. 

Imagine either Kanté or Bakayoko getting injured and needing three months to recover. Chels would be fucked.

We also have no idea how Bakayoko will adapt. Relying on Baka and Kanté for a full season would be insanity if you ask me.

I like Roberto but as a complimentary player. Play him alongside class footballers and he'll do just fine. Excellent squad player. Don't think he's suited to the PL though.

Peace. and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Least with a red card you know the player be back..one injury and be even more in the shit. It's mad!! Plus we can't sign one player never mind four..never gana happen..the long season begins 

King11Didier likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I dont know people keep comparing Alonso with Moses. Alonso is probably twice the player Moses is, and probably our best left back going forward since Cole left.

He isn't enough fast for some folks here. 

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I dont know people keep comparing Alonso with Moses. Alonso is probably twice the player Moses is, and probably our best left back going forward since Cole left.

what about the defensive side?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Fam, your preaching to the choir. 

Our opening 7 matches were the hardest of the top 6. Chelsea knew this. Hazard was going to be out for months, chelsea knew this. Bakayoko was signed while being injured. Chelsea knew this. Our squad was dangerously thin, and needed massive surgery. Yet here we are. 

They obviously couldn't have forseen the red cards coming, but where is the depth? 

There are no excuses why a club off the back of a title should be scrambling this late in the window to sign 4 players, jeopordizing early season results. None. 

Preach. Pure incompetence, we literally didn't learn anything from 15/16. Even 16/17 window wasn't managed properly - had to panic buy Luiz and Alonso on the last few days. Can't believe it looks like we're doing the same thing 3 seasons in a row now. What is going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Preach. Pure incompetence, we literally didn't learn anything from 15/16. Even 16/17 window wasn't managed properly - had to panic buy Luiz and Alonso on the last few days. Can't believe it looks like we're doing the same thing 3 seasons in a row now. What is going on?

This goes further back mate, remember season 2010/2011 after winning double in 2009/2010? Look at our signings then. We finished 2nd which masks away how dangerous that season has been for us. I still remember bloody Sunderland killing us at home 3:0.

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DYC. said:

Imagine either Kanté or Bakayoko getting injured and needing three months to recover. Chels would be fucked.

Or both of them unavailable together. Fabregas - Drinkwater in a Champions League quarter final... or even against fucking Huddersfield. :philjones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

This guy won the league with Marcos Alonso and Victor fuckin Moses as wing-backs and still gets blamed when the board is unwilling to spend money on new players after selling half of the squad. Surely there are better jobs out there.

@Styles raises a solid point re the blame game tho doesn't he? Conte can't actually lose this season, even if he has a "Mourinho season" everyone will spin the narrative that's it's because of the board or the players "downing tools", possibly both!!!! 

I don't think Conte will go the same way as Mourinho and i think he will last the season minimum but he is not blameless for the position we find ourselves in right now and i could be the chief member of the board and that would NOT excuse being 3-0 down to Burnley at half time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

@Styles raises a solid point re the blame game tho doesn't he? Conte can't actually lose this season, even if he has a "Mourinho season" everyone will spin the narrative that's it's because of the board or the players "downing tools", possibly both!!!! 

I don't think Conte will go the same way as Mourinho and i think he will last the season minimum but he is not blameless for the position we find ourselves in right now and i could be the chief member of the board and that would NOT excuse being 3-0 down to Burnley at half time.

He gets a total pass for me. His authority in many matters was undermined from the start when he was named "First team Head Coach." This tells you immedietly that he has very minimal, if any control over who comes in. His job is simply to coach the first team and let the club work on transfers. He said as much again on Saturday. As mentioned above, he will have had many targets identified and in the boards' hands for months. They deserve all the blame for allowing our squad to become so tissue paper thin.

Don't think what happened against Burnley was any fault of Conte's either. We would have comfortably earned 3 points had Cahill not been a mindless idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He gets a total pass for me. His authority in many matters was undermined from the start when he was named "First team Head Coach." This tells you immedietly that he has very minimal, if any control over who comes in. His job is simply to coach the first team and let the club work on transfers. He said as much again on Saturday. As mentioned above, he will have had many targets identified and in the boards' hands for months. They deserve all the blame for allowing our squad to become so tissue paper thin.

Don't think what happened against Burnley was any fault of Conte's either. We would have comfortably earned 3 points had Cahill not been a mindless idiot.

What a total pass no matter what? If he starts doing what Jose and to a lesser extent Carlo did and keeps screwing up tactically, never dropping out of form players and watching gormlessly while we are dropping points left, right and centre then he cannot hide behind the board in anyway shape or form.

If for argument sake worse comes to the worse and we sign no more players this summer and he uses his managerial repertoire to get us the best finish humanly possible (ie what he's paid millions a year to do), then yes we can give him a free pass under those circumstances, even if said position was outside the top four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now