test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Danny Drinkwater

Started by xPetrCechx,

633 posts in this topic
42 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I thought I was clear enough 25m was just loan. 

But Im sure the additional fee at the end wouldnt be ridiculous. Still, i would rather pay 50m for Kovacic than 30 for Drinkwater. 

Kovacic is absolutely brilliant midfielder, on same level as Verratti. 

Whoa... Lets not get too carried away here.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Because developing other team's young players is fucking retarded when Chelsea won't develop their own.'re

We're not in a situation to be picky. We need bodies. He has ability. 

Better yet, lets draw names out of a hat from Conte's 15 man shortlist. 

The thing is, in that 15/16 breakout season his best skill was playing a ball over the top for Vardy to run onto. We already have Cesc who can do just that but even better. So how often would Drinkwater even play as our 4th option in midfield when we'd have Cesc to come on as 3rd choice offering the same things Drinkwater does?

Would be strange to pay at least £30m on a player only to use them as often as we did RLC or Chalobah i.e. 5-10 minutes here or there.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The thing is, in that 15/16 breakout season his best skill was playing a ball over the top for Vardy to run onto. We already have Cesc who can do just that but even better. So how often would Drinkwater even play as our 4th option in midfield when we'd have Cesc to come on as 3rd choice offering the same things Drinkwater does?

Would be strange to pay at least £30m on a player only to use them as often as we did RLC or Chalobah i.e. 5-10 minutes here or there.

Not to mention it would look pretty bad for RLC. While reports say the club did offer Chalobah a squad player role, which he refused (only so much to do here), RLC was likely considered "not good enough" for it.

31 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

20664639_10210298558888863_6372177690710099377_n.jpg

I just checked twitter, couldn't find that tweet?

He probably didn't know that Matic is leaving, and knew about Baka so he thought he will be 5th choice.

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Whoa... Lets not get too carried away here.

I dont need to say I rate Verratti very much, he is one of my fav midfielders, but trust me, Kovacic is not far off. 

He has replaced Modric and then Kroos when they were injured and he played absolutely brilliant. Was arguably best player in those few games for Real, ask any fan who saw those games. 

Verratti on other hand, as much he is brilliant and all, he still has plenty to prove in europe that he can lead their team. 

That said, both are fantastic midfielders, Verratti is impossible, however Kovacic could be bought for certain price.

lucio, kellzfresh and Barbara like this

4 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Just stick to the super teams in videogames

Absofuckinglutely Barbara. Some posters here think you can build a team on a whim this is Chelsea 2017 not 2003.

Barbara likes this

12 minutes ago, Barbara said:

People here want us to bring those players you mentioned to sit in the bench because according to them that's what our opponents have as their 4th choice... I can't even begin to write what I think about this reasoning

Some said we could get other young promising players and some even mentioned Chalobah and RLC. I mean if they think Drinkwater who's played a UCL isn't good enough to be called upon if needed, I wonder those inexperienced, young, promising players they keep mentioning...

Just stick to the super teams in videogames because honestly, people lost the grasp of the reality and they haven't even noticed...

I happen to agree with the club that Drinkwater is twice the player than any of youngster who left or stayed.

However, it is not a binary decision. We don't have to go with Drinkwater OR chalobah... there is a sea of choice between those two. in building the squad as well... for example: instead of one drinkwater, get 2-3 mids, and also keep the youngsters, etc.

Perhaps folks are complaining, and perhaps rightly so, that the club is too slow in "building the squad" never mind signing players. And we end up in tough situation having to settle.

I'd add the club is not creative enough in building the squad. If we want to compete with the likes of City something's gotta give: we either spend the same amount of money or we get creative. We do neither.

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

I happen to agree with the club that Drinkwater is twice the player than any of youngster who left or stayed.

However, it is not a binary decision. We don't have to go with Drinkwater OR chalobah... there is a sea of choice between those two. in building the squad as well... for example: instead of one drinkwater, get 2-3 mids, and also keep the youngsters, etc.

Perhaps folks are complaining, and perhaps rightly so, that the club is too slow in "building the squad" never mind signing players. And we end up in tough situation having to settle.

I'd add the club is not creative enough in building the squad. If we want to compete with the likes of City something's gotta give: we either spend the same amount of money or we get creative. We do neither.

2-3 mids for 30 mil? Stop living in 2000 mate. :P

Chelsea Legend 11 likes this

2 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

2-3 mids for 30 mil? Stop living in 2000 mate. :P

Hah said nothing about 30 million :)

6 hours ago, Robguima said:

I agree with this.

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

Difference is - Drinkwater wouldn't be this "alternative" player who comes from the bench to mix things up, like Fabregas is. I think Drinky would start more games than Fabregas, actually. Cesc would collect more apps, but because of coming in game later from the bench.

Yes, Fabregas could pass the ball better, he is maybe the best passer around. Drinky is good passer, but his overall game is much better than Cesc's. He is a great runner, he is good defensively, he is not a pushover, and is somewhat faster and stronger than Cesc.

EMK likes this