Lokomotiv Moscow Vs Chelsea

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe that. Great in the first half, and all of a sudden we just bottled it in the second half.

I dont think we bottled it. LM came at us more in the 2nd half and forced us back. Fair play to them, but the chances we created we should have had the game buried by the time they equalised.

SWP again misses an absolute sitter. Had he put that one away we would have been coasting :rolleyes:

I dont think we bottled it. LM came at us more in the 2nd half and forced us back. Fair play to them, but the chances we created we should have had the game buried by the time they equalised.

SWP again misses an absolute sitter. Had he put that one away we would have been coasting :rolleyes:

I know, he continues to frustrate the fans. If only it was Deco who was in that position...

Looked like the old Chelsea to me, sit back till we concede and dont kill the game off when we need to

kez you think just the same as me! we pld well till we scored then we seemed to sit back! why do we do that! SAME OLD SAME OLD!

Come on Big F.S Sort it out :) i think its cus of the 1 forward! stick to Kaluo and Drobga or and.A or Di santo up front have 2 strikers, i know they were easier teams we pld but with 2 up front we seemed to score 4 and 7 so.

but saying all the above its a friendly! its all about learning for him he is trying players, lets just hope in a few weeks he has picked who he wants in his main team!

Exactly!End of the day it means nothing.Just shows Phill who can/cant play where and that we really really need to work on our pens and that sitting back aint gana work.We lost on pens not goals so aint to bad,shame the run had to end but rather here then in the prem

And now we get a run against AC Milian so another tough test and again chance to show/test etc

Looked like the old Chelsea to me, sit back till we concede and dont kill the game off when we need to

Can't say I agree with that. We created several chances after we scored.

Ferriera's cross to Joe, cleared by the defender.

Anelka put through by Deco, and tackled by the last defender.

Anelka's big chance, saved by the GK.

Essien's 'offside' chance that wasn't offside.

SWP's chance that he some how missed when it was easier to score.

Malouda's volley.

To add to that, Deco's volley, Frank's shot just over and Carvalho's header.

We're creating the chances, just didn't score them. That's ten good opportunities we had, and given we still have Drogba and Ballack to come back in to the team, i'm quite happy.

Can't believe that. Great in the first half, and all of a sudden we just bottled it in the second half.

No offence mate, but you come out with the biggest load of shite at times.

"Bottled" it isn't a word I would use for a preseason friendly in which the other team are three months into their season. You could see that they were far fitter than we were, and after about 70 minutes that got to us.

Don't understand all the negativity in here too be honest. Look at the good points:

- Another 90 minutes under their belts, in which 70 of those were controlled.

- Despite losing, how many saves to Petr have to make?

- The defence finally got some proper action, and were tested.

- Deco was superb, again.

- Lampard/Deco combination is working.

- We tried Essien in a new position, and he did well.

- We played some of the best football i've seen us play for years in the first half.

- We scored a brilliant team goal.

Thanks, David,

you are absoloutly right.

listed up very good points.

it is not right to critizice them now to death, there did a great job after all.

and we don´t have to forget that all the other games took place in asia.

i think, no, i know, that they were kinda wasted after flight , jetlagshit and all

sounds like a cheap explanation ?

na, it isn´t.

up next : AC.

that is equal chances, they are in pre-season like us and not like Loko Moskau in season....

Defence worked well

the free-kick-goal was great,whished it was ours hahaha ;)

but there is just one thing that makes me a little nervous :

Drogba needs to make cleen sheets now, clear the situation...

we still miss an aggresive striker like him

well, Anelka is coming up with some class

but didn´t get me

we don´t need more players, we need the good ones to stay.

i think.

No offence mate, but you come out with the biggest load of shite at times.

Slightly harsh.

Maybe it was the wrong choice of wording, but after they scored the goal they seemed reluctant to go on and attack. Don't get me wrong, I'm well well aware of the fact that in the second half we had some opportunities, but if you look at the mannerisms of the players, the full-backs were rarely venturing forward and Lampard was dropping a lot deeper around the hour-mark. It seemed to me that the mentality was changed the defensive, and try and hit them on the counter, much like Lokomotiv were trying to do in the first-half. However, the Russians were much better in the second half and that was testament only to their superior fitness. They had about two decent efforts and scored a goal, whilst we had opportunities to score three or four but wasted them. But most importantly, as I say, its the performance rather than the result, and the players looked tired in the second half - which is good. The Russians were a lot fitter than us that but run-out will be beneficial come Sunday morning. Hopefully we can win against Milan and wrap up what has been a relatively pleasing pre season.

Edited by BlueLion