Lokomotiv Moscow Vs Chelsea

This is a much tougher game yeah. The Russians are always quite solid and hard to beat and Lokomotiv are a proper team and will be miles better than the cack we have faced in the last 10 days. Could go down to penalties :D (seriously it actually could)

I reckon it'll be very close but i'm sure we'll win. 2-1 or 1-0. Will be a perfect game to play to prepare for the start of the EPL season.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was interesting to hear Scolari talking the other day of Wing Backs. He wants his Full Backs to get forward as often as possible and act as wingers. Thankfully we have the players in Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge and Jose Bosingwa to do this but Ferreira is not quite as good at it.

Seeing this in action against quality opposition will be interesting because the threat of counter attack behind is greater. This game today is going to be very interesting for many reasons but i think the main one is that Scolari is going to show us what he has in mind for Pompey.

Would be suprised to see the likes of Di Santo and Sinclair involved with this one as he has said he only wants to use 4 or 5 subs for this one.

I wanna see 4-2-3-1 aswell.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - P.Cech - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.Ferreira - R.Carvalho/Alex - J.Terry - A.Cole/W.Bridge

- - - - - - - M.Essien/Mikel - F.Lampard- - - - - - - -

J.Cole/SWP - Deco/M.Ballack - F.Malouda/S.Sinclair

- - - - - - - - - - Anelka/Di Santo - - - - - - - - - -

/ are what I wanna see 2nd half.

Edited by riks12

Watching the Milan v Sevilla match the one thing that stands out is that this is a "proper" game of football. I think we can expect the same from our game against Lokomotiv later on, quite a step up from the games we play in China and Malaysia....

Sevilla is leading 1-0, Gattuso scored a nice header into his own net lol.

I hope Milan wins, because I'd prefer to see us playing vs. them more than Sevilla.. But first we have to win Lokomotiv lol.

Chelsea:

(4-2-3-1)

1. Petr Cech

19. Paulo Ferriera

26. John Terry ©

6. Ricardo Carvalho-------------------------1

3. Ashley Cole-------------------------19--26--6--3

12. John Mikel Obi-------------------------5--12

5. Michael Essien-----------------------20---8---10

20. Deco-------------------------------------39

8. Frank Lampard

10. Joe Cole

39. Nicolas Anelka

Subs: 23. Carlo Cudicini, 40. Henrique Hilario, 2. Branislav Ivanovic, 33. Alex, 18. Wayne Bridge, 15. Florent Malouda, 24. Shaun Wright-Phillips, 17. Scott Sinclair, 36. Franco di Santo, 7. Andriy Shevchenko.

Lokomotiv:

22. Ivan Pelizzoli

4. Bispo Rodolfo Dantas

5. Emir Spahic

7. Dmitriy Torbinskiy

15. Fininho

19. Draman Traore

27. Haminu Draman

41. Siarhei Hurenka

55. Renat Yanbaev

58. Denis Glushakov

63. Diniyar Bilyaletdinov ©

Subs: 8. Vladimir Maminov, 10. David Mugiri, 14. Igor Smolnikov, 17. Dmitriy Sennikov, 21. Alexey Polyakov, 24. Zouagi Shaker, 25. Rezvan Cocis, 30. Malkhaz Asatiani, 44. Ruslan Kambolov, 45. Alexandr Minchenkov, 81. Alan Gatagov.

Winner plays Sevilla.

---------------Cech---------------

Ferreira - Terry - Carvalho - Cole

----------------Mikel---------------

---------Lampard - Deco----------

Essien-------------------------Cole

----------------Anelka--------------

Looks strange, Essien right winger