• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

I know Moses is eligible to play this match, but I'd prefer to see Azpi as RWB and Rudiger as CB. Azpi seemed to move the ball a bit faster than Moses, I'm fed up with how long Moses and Willian are keeping up the ball and in the end they lose it. Also, Rudiger might be useful as his long passing range seems really good and could give some nice passes to Pedro or Bats behind arse defence.
I really hope Chelsea win this match, the transfer activity is really depressing me, so I'd like to see something positive at least. A win and this kind of trophy will definitely boost the confidence in our players before the long season.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kmk108 said:

Courtois

Azpi-Luiz-Cahill

Moses-Fabregas-Kante-Alonso

Willian-Morata-Pedro

The only thing I can see being different from this lineup is Morata instead of Pedro and putting Batshuayi in the striker role.

Tbh I'd rather see bats out on the wing and put Morata in the middle if any. We got Morata as a number 9 lets start playing him as one.

20 hours ago, oldportblue said:

Is Pedro fit to play?

19 hours ago, Special Juan said:

No mention of him in the injury update from Conte, so I assume yes.

Apparently not?

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/08/conte--starting-strongly.html

He was also asked about the possibility of Alvaro Morata and

Michy Batshuayi playing alongside each other against the Gunners.

‘In this moment it could be an option,’ Conte added. ‘When you have Hazard injured, Pedro injured and only Willian, I don’t see other options. For this reason I tried the combination of the two players. For sure, Alvaro wants to play as a number nine but with his characteristics he could play number 10.

Did Conte forget to mention Pedro in his injury update or was the comment above only meant to explain the possibility of playing both Batshuayi and Morata together?

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

Tbh I'd rather see bats out on the wing and put Morata in the middle if any. We got Morata as a number 9 lets start playing him as one.

That lineup isn't what I prefer. It's just the lineup I think we'll see. It's the system from last season, which Conte said he wants to keep, and it's largely the players he's picked in the preseason. If we didn't see any experimentation in the previous matches, we're not going to see them in this match.

If it were up to me, I'd want to see Morata up front as well, and narrow the two wing positions in behind him. Batshuayi can sit in behind, just offset to the left and Pedro can roam around like Hazard usually does.

I can't stress enough, Kante needs to track Ramsey's runs. He failed to do so in the FA cup final and that's how they scored their second goal. A similar thing happened in the friendly we played earlier and Ramsey was unlucky to not convert that chance. 

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm hoping all this Morata out wide is just a pre season thing, the problem being is Batsuhayi is playing well and I have a feeling that Conte has no idea what to do.

I think he has got to start with Bats up top after his pre-season display. Keep Morata on the bench until we either need him to make an impact or we have the game wrapped up. There is no need to put Morata into a pressured situation unnecessarily. 

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

I think he has got to start with Bats up top after his pre-season display. Keep Morata on the bench until we either need him to make an impact or we have the game wrapped up. There is no need to put Morata into a pressured situation unnecessarily. 

God I sure hope not, morata is already been slated by every one that isn't a chelsea fan. The lad needs a chance up front to show us what he can do, season starts next week and he hadn't led are line yet.

Definitely think we'll see Morata wide again unfortunately. And if he struggles there be prepared for the whole football world to call him shite and say we completely wasted our money on an average player.

2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

God I sure hope not, morata is already been slated by every one that isn't a chelsea fan. The lad needs a chance up front to show us what he can do, season starts next week and he hadn't led are line yet.

Who cares what others say or think about our players. There is no rush to see Morata when we have Bats playing well at this point. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Morata tear it up as much as the next Chelsea fan. I just think there is less pressure on Bats to start today. Thr ideal situation is for Morata to start but If Morata does start and he doesn't play well then the pressure could mount. Start him against Burnley. 

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

That lineup is improbable. Kosciepny and Moses are banned.

Their not. This is technically a 'friendly' so therefore they are able to play this game but will be suspended against Burnley.