test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

349 posts in this topic

Conte says Hazard and Bakayoko are unavailable for Sunday's game, and he doesn't expect them to be back for Burnley, either. 

Too bad. Bakayoko-Kante midfield would destroy lazy Ozil with ease.

Azpi starting on RWB is a good thing as he is more than capable of shutting down Sanchez.

oldportblue likes this

1 minute ago, jernej93 said:

Too bad. Bakayoko-Kante midfield would destroy lazy Ozil with ease.

Azpi starting on RWB is a good thing as he is more than capable of shutting down Sanchez.

Moses will play, suspended next week against Burnley as the shield is down as a glorified friendly.

On 7/31/2017 at 4:12 AM, Sideshow Luiz said:

No Hazard and no Pedro = 352 for me.

Not sure who the other CM would be though....

Courtois

Rudiger Azpi Cahill

Moses Luiz Kante Alonso

Fabregas

Morata Batshuayi

46 minutes ago, Strike said:

Courtois

Rudiger Azpi Cahill

Moses Luiz Kante Alonso

Fabregas

Morata Batshuayi

I like that I'd Probs swap rudigur and azpi around. Be interesting to see how Kante n luiz got on together.

29 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I like that I'd Probs swap rudigur and azpi around. Be interesting to see how Kante n luiz got on together.

Luiz should stay away from midfield but there are no options at the moment

Wenger lauds Blues' signings

Arsene Wenger has admitted he has been impressed by Chelsea in pre-season and has lauded their transfer business.

"They have added Bakayoko who is a very strong player, strong ball-winner, similar to Matic.

"[He] may be less of a distance runner, more of an impact player but certainly they will fight for the championship again.

"They have replaced [Diego] Costa with Morata. Morata is maybe less of a goalscorer than Costa, but he can score and provide as well," he added.

"Against us in Asia, Batshuayi played very well. He is a young striker who is promising as well, so I expect them to fight again for the championship."

You know the world has really gone mad, when bloody Wenger even starting to praise us now.

Tomo likes this

Just now, Special Juan said:

No mention of him in the injury update from Conte, so I assume yes.

that's good, we desperately need some creativity in the side, looked sort of toothless without Pedro last game

Courtois

Azpi-Luiz-Cahill

Moses-Fabregas-Kante-Alonso

Willian-Morata-Pedro

The only thing I can see being different from this lineup is Morata instead of Pedro and putting Batshuayi in the striker role.

I know Moses is eligible to play this match, but I'd prefer to see Azpi as RWB and Rudiger as CB. Azpi seemed to move the ball a bit faster than Moses, I'm fed up with how long Moses and Willian are keeping up the ball and in the end they lose it. Also, Rudiger might be useful as his long passing range seems really good and could give some nice passes to Pedro or Bats behind arse defence.
I really hope Chelsea win this match, the transfer activity is really depressing me, so I'd like to see something positive at least. A win and this kind of trophy will definitely boost the confidence in our players before the long season.

1 hour ago, kmk108 said:

Courtois

Azpi-Luiz-Cahill

Moses-Fabregas-Kante-Alonso

Willian-Morata-Pedro

The only thing I can see being different from this lineup is Morata instead of Pedro and putting Batshuayi in the striker role.

Tbh I'd rather see bats out on the wing and put Morata in the middle if any. We got Morata as a number 9 lets start playing him as one.

20 hours ago, oldportblue said:

Is Pedro fit to play?

19 hours ago, Special Juan said:

No mention of him in the injury update from Conte, so I assume yes.

Apparently not?

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/08/conte--starting-strongly.html

He was also asked about the possibility of Alvaro Morata and

Michy Batshuayi playing alongside each other against the Gunners.

‘In this moment it could be an option,’ Conte added. ‘When you have Hazard injured, Pedro injured and only Willian, I don’t see other options. For this reason I tried the combination of the two players. For sure, Alvaro wants to play as a number nine but with his characteristics he could play number 10.

Did Conte forget to mention Pedro in his injury update or was the comment above only meant to explain the possibility of playing both Batshuayi and Morata together?

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

Tbh I'd rather see bats out on the wing and put Morata in the middle if any. We got Morata as a number 9 lets start playing him as one.

That lineup isn't what I prefer. It's just the lineup I think we'll see. It's the system from last season, which Conte said he wants to keep, and it's largely the players he's picked in the preseason. If we didn't see any experimentation in the previous matches, we're not going to see them in this match.

If it were up to me, I'd want to see Morata up front as well, and narrow the two wing positions in behind him. Batshuayi can sit in behind, just offset to the left and Pedro can roam around like Hazard usually does.

I can't stress enough, Kante needs to track Ramsey's runs. He failed to do so in the FA cup final and that's how they scored their second goal. A similar thing happened in the friendly we played earlier and Ramsey was unlucky to not convert that chance.