test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

349 posts in this topic

After our two defeats with meh performances, while some people's alarm bells went off, mine strangely hasn't gone off yet. I'm probably still in that "IT'S PRESEASON" bubble like most are. Although, I have to say - the transfer window so far has been very lukewarm.

However if we lose this game, then that bubble will burst and my alarm bells will ring so loud, Australia will hear them.

Pre season over, this is where it starts. Enough of the lame excuses as to why we didn't win or all that shite, this is it now Wembley against the enemy. Charity Shield or not, we need to win this.

I hate losing whether it's pre season, CS or the dog shit cup, win and nothing else.

DDA, communicate and Blue Armour like this

Conte has warned us of a repeat of the 2015/16 season. Ironically that one kicked off at this exact fixture. I pray that history will not repeat itself. But if so no one can say the writing has not been on the wall for moths. 

nachikethas likes this

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Conte has warned us of a repeat of the 2015/16 season. Ironically that one kicked off at this exact fixture. I pray that history will not repeat itself. But if so no one can say the writing has not been on the wall for moths. 

I sent you a PM :P

17 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

wp-1479422451131.gif

Thanks for reminding!

bluephoenix and Magic Lamps like this

I cant watch this game(first PL game either) and i have bad feeling about Arsenal match. Without new RWB/LWB it code be start of the end of 3-4-3 :/

From other side if we score first it can end good.
I bet 2-1

My faint hope is that Conte has tried Morata on the wing of a 3-4-3 to confound Arsenal and start him as pure striker in a new formation like 3-5-2 or 4-2-4 this weekend.  I really want him to score to get the monkey of his back. 

bluephoenix and Blue Armour like this

20 minutes ago, the wes said:

Victor Moses Is Free To Play Against Arsenal On Sunday But Suspended For League Opener

The FA said it is the other way round. 

the wes likes this

l know it is impossible but I would love this lineup:

Courtois
Rudiger - Luiz - Christensen
Azpi - Kante - Fabregas - Alonso
Musonda - Morata - Willian

Yeah, there's no chance Captain Cahill is getting dropped any time soon. 

Hope Conte makes a few surprise choices. Musonda impressed me more in his cameo that quite a few did in the other games combined.

If, after 90 minutes, the scores are level, the game will be decided by a penalty shoot-out and a new system, which is aimed at being fairer on the team taking the second spot-kick, will be trialled.

The system is based on the format used in tennis tie-breaks, with the team taking the first kick in each pair of kicks alternating, so AB-BA-AB-BA and so on instead of AB-AB-AB-AB etc.

I hope we can see Morata play as a striker in this one. 

Is Hazard/Bakayoko/ Pedro available for this one?

If we lose this the way we lost the FA cup then will be concerned..especially as the real stuff kicks off a week later! Signs been there and all but hopefully a repeat season won't happen..or any injuries in this either!!