• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

12 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Problem is I don't see us bringing in 3 more signings before end of this month I really hope i am wrong but if we are honest with each other can you really see it?

We brought in two on the last day last season. Though we look ill-prepared at the moment, there's still plenty of time. I think one of the reasons people feel uneasy is because of the matches in the first few weeks of the season. But I think we'll do alright. Burnley shouldn't be  much of a problem. Tottenham have largely struggled at Wembley, and I hope Bakayoko will be able to play by then. I don't worry much about Everton at home. It's the away fixture that worries me about Everton. Those are the three matches before the end of the transfer window and we should be able to get 7 points with what we have now.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Premier league' curtain raiser' -whatever. Fact is no team that has won the Charity Shield has gone on to win the league since 2010.

Imagine losing your home, getting severely injured or you or your relatives because they burned to death.

More important than any game was that we raised tons of cash for the Grenfell survivors today. Some things are way, way more important than millionaires kicking a bag of wind round a field. 

It's easy to forget the real reason for the Community Shield, but that's what matters the most. 

That and Arsenal and Chelsea supporters were able unite in hatred for Spurs in Spurs' temporary home. 

7 hours ago, kmk108 said:

It's easy to forget the real reason for the Community Shield, but that's what matters the most. 

That and Arsenal and Chelsea supporters were able unite in hatred for Spurs in Spurs' temporary home. 

I didn't see the game - big family day - was there a great stand up if you hate Tottenham? I'd have enjoyed that. :)

11 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Good to see those half way line seats actually filled today -with Grenfell survivors.

That's 3 times now Cech has fist pumped an Arsenal victory over us at Wembley now - the decision to let him go there was woeful

It just feels so wrong losing trophies, doesn't matter how important they are, to arsenal... Couple of years ago arsenal were already losing even before the start of the match if their opposition was Chelsea... 

17 hours ago, Jype said:

Community Shields in 2017, 2015, 2012 and 2010.

UEFA Super Cups in 2013 and 2012.

Club World Cup 2012.

Think that amounts up to seven.

You are right.  I cannot believe we have become so bad in winning these one-off mini trophies .Football is about winning trophies, even it is just those shitty mini pseudo-trophies. The same goes for the ok-ish trophies like FA cup. have not won that since 2012. in fact since the CL win in 2012 we only won the Carlingn Cup and the EL. This is 2/9. Horrible record. A club like ours should have the objective to win all those mini-trophies in a stroll especially as most were against inferior sides. 

9 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

michael owen-‏Verified account @themichaelowen

If I were an outfield player and a GK took a penalty ahead of me I'd struggle to look myself in the mirror. #Chelsea

He has a point. Some players really need to step up mentally this season. I don't blame Courtois one bit, what he did took some proper balls, but guess what, fans understand that and they forgive, they respect the balls.

I think our principal weakness yesterday was we gave them too much possession after the 1-0.
Although we came close to the 2-0 with Morata, Courtois had to make one save after the other.
Are Arsenal so good they can outplay us for 30 minutes ?

The penalty shootout is a random affair.
The FA changed the method too, following some statistics.
I wonder.
I 'd like to know this statistic:
What are the chances of a team who equalize late in the game and what are the chances of the other team who are disappointed ?
Holland v. Italy 2000 comes to mind. Holland after missing two pens in normal time no way could win the shootout - they were psychological wrecks.
Bayern v. Cfc also the cl final. That was close but it was Chelsea who got the later equalizer (Didier).

1 hour ago, manpe said:

We won 2 out of 5.

You're right, It feels like we did. We beat Arsenal and they beat us. Same thing happened during the season. 

Other teams have different situations as well, not just us. 

Are people assuming Conte is going to give up on the team/board?