• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

14 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Sorry don't agree michy played well against arsenal first game after that not so much. Now Moratas confidence is shot and he hasn't even been given a proper chance. 

Still imo Michy deserves to start to start this game. Since I don't think Michy  played particularly that well today, Morata should start against Burnley 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, communicate said:

We don't need mahrez unless we want to let willian/pedro/Musonda go. We have 4 am for two spots. Azpi will not compete with moses for wb positions because offense is not his strength. Barkley also not needed because he is not a cm. 

Unfortunately we do need those players because we have the prospect of competeing in 4 competitions and contrary to belief even our best players can't perform every week when faced with 2 games in a week. Plus you factor in loss of form, injuries and suspensions. Perhaps we can play the same 11 players for the next 60 games, if the opposition is sub standard but it isn't.  Thats why Utd and City have such big squads they want to challenge on every front.  Prior to 2012 Chelsea always had 2 players for every position. Squad of 21 not including Goalkeepers.  

I don'y know what to even say. Yet again we started preseason very late just like the summer before our worst season. We played only three competitive matches technically cause the 8:2 win against Fulham doesn't count.

We played Arsenal without their biggest treat Sanchez and won 3:0 (weak arsenal) yet still we lost when Both Ozil and Sanchez didn't play. We then lost to better sides like Inter and Bayern and now Arsenal. These teams have played a good amount of matches too. 

I am fed up and have no excuse to convince myself that everything will be okay. If we had just kept Chalobah instead we sell him and Matic so we can make room for an Injured player. Just Speechless. I just feel sad for Conte. While people like Mourihno and Pep get what they want, Conte looses two DM's and is giving an injured one who can't play for probably another month. We can't even get him WB's which he has been asking for since thelight bulb was invented. BIG UP'S TO WHO EVER IS INCHARGE OF TRANSFERS

Massive overractions as usual here. I was at the game and although we walked around at times, it felt as if we were in control for the majority of the game. Once Pedro was sent off, the atmosphere in the stadium changed. I don't want to focus on the negitives because my day is bad enough right now so all I will say is... anybody who says Kante is overrated doesn't know football. He was brilliant today.

Simon Johnson said yesterday net spend an issue now for Chelsea and that's why Conte didn't get players he wanted at first place (for the second year).

What scares me is the club will waist what Conte did for this club, team and the fans last season (already doing that). It's August and he's far from being happy, tension he's been caring so easy to see, players looks strange and nervous too. Currently, things looks bad and injuries (Hazard and Baka) doesn't help at all.

With lack of top additions Conte (in)directly said that we don't expect good results in CL this season. About PL we'll try, work hard and hope for the good. 

Season just started with CS and today looks bad but tomorrow just some great players might arrive and everything could change.🤞It's realy bizarre situation at Chelsea FC considering we won PL title 3 months ago. Yeah, bizarre is the word.

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

anybody who says Kante is overrated doesn't know football. He was brilliant today.

Is somebody saying he was shit? Thought he was our best player.

This season just has a feeling of deja-vu to it as in a repeat of 15/16 season. We come back from winning the title then lost to community shield 1-0 to Arsenal then had a awful PL season. I have already been feeling pessimistic before this game as I am not content about the transfer dealings and lack of squad depth. If Pedro is indeed suspended, we need to get busy this week in so many different departments. Look at Arsenal's offensive options for instance compared to us and this is with Sanchez and Ozil not even playing and they are still going after Lemar. This is what we need to be doing and the board's philosophy is getting really worrying.

Luiz and Kante were excellent today I thought though. Big week ahead and Conte needs the board backing because right now with the squad we have, see zero chance of us retaining title yet alone sustaining a title challenge and that is not a knee-jerk reaction. That is my genuine belief.

These are the individuals responsible for our horrendous transfer policy

David Barnard, Bruce Buck, Marina Granovskaia, Eugene Tenenbaum.

Technical director: Michael Emenalo

Just a shame we can't move a few of them on and bring in individuals with a bit more savvy and know how'

8 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Ironically, Juve have a much stronger squad with less cash. 

Problem is I don't see us bringing in 3 more signings before end of this month I really hope i am wrong but if we are honest with each other can you really see it?

59 minutes ago, manpe said:

Is somebody saying he was shit? Thought he was our best player.

I've read in a few topics that people are even talking about axing him from the team. Avsolutely bonkers.

Premier league' curtain raiser' -whatever. Fact is no team that has won the Charity Shield has gone on to win the league since 2010.

Imagine losing your home, getting severely injured or you or your relatives because they burned to death.

More important than any game was that we raised tons of cash for the Grenfell survivors today. Some things are way, way more important than millionaires kicking a bag of wind round a field.