test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

349 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, Jype said:

Community Shields in 2017, 2015, 2012 and 2010.

UEFA Super Cups in 2013 and 2012.

Club World Cup 2012.

Think that amounts up to seven.

You are right.  I cannot believe we have become so bad in winning these one-off mini trophies .Football is about winning trophies, even it is just those shitty mini pseudo-trophies. The same goes for the ok-ish trophies like FA cup. have not won that since 2012. in fact since the CL win in 2012 we only won the Carlingn Cup and the EL. This is 2/9. Horrible record. A club like ours should have the objective to win all those mini-trophies in a stroll especially as most were against inferior sides. 

King11Didier likes this

michael owen-‏Verified account @themichaelowen

If I were an outfield player and a GK took a penalty ahead of me I'd struggle to look myself in the mirror. #Chelsea

9 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

michael owen-‏Verified account @themichaelowen

If I were an outfield player and a GK took a penalty ahead of me I'd struggle to look myself in the mirror. #Chelsea

He has a point. Some players really need to step up mentally this season. I don't blame Courtois one bit, what he did took some proper balls, but guess what, fans understand that and they forgive, they respect the balls.

11 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Bayern buy players from rivals, we sell players to rivals.

I meant, we lost all our preseason games. 

Ancelotti will go the way of Conte? 

27 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

I meant, we lost all our preseason games. 

We won 2 out of 5.

I think our principal weakness yesterday was we gave them too much possession after the 1-0.
Although we came close to the 2-0 with Morata, Courtois had to make one save after the other.
Are Arsenal so good they can outplay us for 30 minutes ?

The penalty shootout is a random affair.
The FA changed the method too, following some statistics.
I wonder.
I 'd like to know this statistic:
What are the chances of a team who equalize late in the game and what are the chances of the other team who are disappointed ?
Holland v. Italy 2000 comes to mind. Holland after missing two pens in normal time no way could win the shootout - they were psychological wrecks.
Bayern v. Cfc also the cl final. That was close but it was Chelsea who got the later equalizer (Didier).

1 hour ago, manpe said:

We won 2 out of 5.

You're right, It feels like we did. We beat Arsenal and they beat us. Same thing happened during the season. 

Other teams have different situations as well, not just us. 

Are people assuming Conte is going to give up on the team/board?