• Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Adnane said:

All aboard the meltdown train as I see...

Situation is a bit worrying, not fully in my eyes yet. 

If we don't get 5 points from our first three league fixtures I'm joining you guys, let's just wait and see how we perform. 

This is a repeat of 2 years ago. The board didn't back JM  with the signings he wanted and we suffered. Funny no one from the board lost their job. Same scenario all over again. We have had 2 months to get the 8 players we needed but have f**ked around getting deals done. What I don't understand is how we could buy an injured player and sell a perfectly fit one. Not being funny but that  game would have suited Matic. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Why was it odd?

You let the people confident take the penalties. When you have somebody who isnt, it comes off like Morata's, who clearly didnt want to take it but probably felt obligated to as a striker.

That's what I mean. Not many leaders in our established lineup among the ones who are supposedly good at set pieces/penalties. Cesc, Willian, Alonso, Luiz... at least one of them should have stepped up.

The mood can change quickly if we go out and bring in a few this week leading up to the opener.

As of right this moment we've had an awful preseason, awful transfer window, and have a squad that will struggle mightily with just one or two more key injuries. Conte will be furious right now.

3 minutes ago, different level said:

That's what I mean. Not many leaders in our established lineup among the ones who are supposedly good at set pieces/penalties. Cesc, Willian, Alonso, Luiz... at least one of them should have stepped up.

Willian had been taken off for Musonda in the 87th minute.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We don't really have that 2nd special player who can take over a game or produce a moment of magic. City for example have many.

The chasm between our best player and next best is enormous.

This, can we talk about this rather than penalties in community shield. 

We need more creator, I really hope Morata can be the other guy. In 343, our wing back need to be really good in term of chance creation. Not sure moses and Alonso are that good. 

Genuinely worried now. The football I saw today was horrible, shadow of the team from last year. Diego costa is massively missed so is hazard. This first 11 we put out today would do well to finish 6, all this bollocks about morata can't start etc etc look at man utd with lukakuu started straight away. Players need game to learn to play the system and build relations with team mates on the field, these lot look like its there first time player as a unit.

12 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

7?! maybe 4...

Community Shields in 2017, 2015, 2012 and 2010.

UEFA Super Cups in 2013 and 2012.

Club World Cup 2012.

Think that amounts up to seven.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

I don't understand. Are you saying because of our "shit attitude", we can't beat Arsenal in finals? It's not the board's fault or the players' fault or Conte's fault...it's mainly the fans fault?

Our= The players. they are playing in A walking Mode.

Just now, different level said:

Point still stands.

Moses and Luiz were probably the sure things at the end of the 5.

We needed the middle to stand up.

You had kids, and a guy who didnt want to be a part of it as our choice. Or maybe another defender....we didnt stand a chance.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

The mood can change quickly if we go out and bring in a few this week leading up to the opener.

As of right this moment we've had an awful preseason, awful transfer window, and have a squad that will struggle mightily with just one or two more key injuries. Conte will be furious right now.

Absolutely agree.......We should have brought Mahrez as understudy to Hazard, Bertrand as competition for Alonso. Rudiger as a replacement for Azipl. Azipl as competition for Moses. Pedro/Willan. Matic/Bakayoko Kante/Chalobah Cesc/Barkley. What we have been doing is chasing players that we are never going to get. Wasted weeks pissing around . Our squad is threadbare right now.    

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

Genuinely worried now. The football I saw today was horrible, shadow of the team from last year. Diego costa is massively missed so is hazard. This first 11 we put out today would do well to finish 6, all this bollocks about morata can't start etc etc look at man utd with lukakuu started straight away. Players need game to learn to play the system and build relations with team mates on the field, these lot look like its there first time player as a unit.

Lukaku started with Rashford. Because Rashford can play on the wing. 

In our case if you started Morata, you basically can say goodbye to michy . Michy has scored a few times in pre season whereas Morata is new and haven't done much so far. It is a correct decision to start  michy 

1 minute ago, Zolan025 said:

Absolutely agree.......We should have brought Mahrez as understudy to Hazard, Bertrand as competition for Alonso. Rudiger as a replacement for Azipl. Azipl as competition for Moses. Pedro/Willan. Matic/Bakayoko Kante/Chalobah Cesc/Barkley. What we have been doing is chasing players that we are never going to get. Wasted weeks pissing around . Our squad is threadbare right now.    

We don't need mahrez unless we want to let willian/pedro/Musonda go. We have 4 am for two spots. Azpi will not compete with moses for wb positions because offense is not his strength. Barkley also not needed because he is not a cm. 

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

Lukaku started with Rashford. Because Rashford can play on the wing. 

In our case if you started Morata, you basically can say goodbye to michy . Michy has scored a few times in pre season whereas Morata is new and haven't done much so far. It is a correct decision to start  michy 

Sorry don't agree michy played well against arsenal first game after that not so much. Now Moratas confidence is shot and he hasn't even been given a proper chance. 

Just forgetting this result, but looking directly at the performance it was what I expected and knew was apparent before KO.

Nobody, and nobody can tell me the board have fell short in targets, this team needed work before the window and IMO it's still very poor and weak in a few areas. The board have not done enough, this is 1 week before kick off and we look laborious and predictable in nigh on every area. As for Morata, I can smell low confidence, I can smell an air of despondency and I am very worried for him and the team.

Strap yourself in, this is going to e one bumpy ride.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

As for Morata, I can smell low confidence, I can smell an air of despondency and I am very worried for him and the team.

Strap yourself in, this is going to e one bumpy ride.

I will give him more time. It is hard to assess his game since he hasn't played full game yet. But I think he will start against Burnley, Michy had his chance tonight.