• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

Losing to Arsenal at Wembley three times in a row, twice within 3 months losing three trophies to them. That is so wrong. So wrong. And we are doing nothing to change that.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Chelsea_firstlove said:

No Hazard, no party

No Hazard being there didnt cost us the match.

We need a midfielder who isnt a complete pushover like Cesc in the middle. We've given manchester United Matic, and done nothing in return.

1 minute ago, different level said:

The penalty takers choice was odd to say the least. A centre back, a GK and a new guy. Can't really put any blame on Alvaro tho, I think he did okay after he came in, considering we went to 10 man in the last 10 mins. Hopefully he starts against Burnley and we finally sign a full back and a midfielder next week. 

Why was it odd?

You let the people confident take the penalties. When you have somebody who isnt, it comes off like Morata's, who clearly didnt want to take it but probably felt obligated to as a striker.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

We didn't lose 3 trophies within 3 months. Just two. But apart from that, you're correct (and that makes me angry).

I meant 3 trophies lost in the last 3 matches with Arsenal at Wembley. 3 in a row.

Im just curious whats the point of having bigger squad and Conte complaining if even in a fecking friendly where you can make 6 subs, Conte makes his 1st in 70th minute?!?

Yes our bench isnt world class, but ffs we could easily play Morata, Musonda, Boga and Rudiger earlier in game like this. 

About the result itself, not sure what we have learned tho, the squad didnt improve since first friendly, our new signings are not getting regular playtime, our young players dont get proper chance to impress. We went with literaly our best 11 available today and their attitude was still like they are on holidays. 

Much much space for improvement.

All aboard the meltdown train as I see...

Situation is a bit worrying, not fully in my eyes yet. 

If we don't get 5 points from our first three league fixtures I'm joining you guys, let's just wait and see how we perform. 

10 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We are so average without Hazard. 

We don't really have that 2nd special player who can take over a game or produce a moment of magic. City for example have many.

The chasm between our best player and next best is enormous.

Not bothered about the shoot out more about that lack of depth in our team that is so clearly obvious. At no point were we in a real position to change the game through a player or tactics. We just  don't have the personnel to change a game without Hazard. Don't have enough options. It's the board we should be screaming at not the players. They should be helping Conte build a credible team not dismantle it.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

We don't really have that 2nd special player who can take over a game or produce a moment of magic. City for example have many.

The chasm between our best player and next best is enormous.

Who would even be our second best player?

Pedro?

That breaks my heart.

The Squad is too thin..we do not have back ups for wingbacks....How can we go into season like this with 4 competitions? We sold too many players without replacements..We badly need a CM and Cesc cannot play in a 2 man midfield

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Who would even be our second best player?

Pedro?

That breaks my heart.

At this point, probably. Hopefully Morata can become that.

Wow the amount of complaints about penalties. Forget penalties, it is a tossed up. Plus it is community shield. 

More importantly, second half we look better. Hard to tell whether it is because of the goals or conte did something different. 

Musonda also look lively, he need to play more. If Pedro cannot play, he need to play against Burnley. 

Morata looked OK, he is not  physically and I think it was his fault we concede the goal.

We also need players for wb positions, we have 0 backups.