Ricardo Carvalho

the wes

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;"> RICARDO CARVALHO has told Chelsea he wants to quit the club to join Inter Milan. </h2> The Portugal defender is desperate to link up with old Blues boss Jose Mourinho at the San Siro.

And he has urged Stamford Bridge chiefs to accept a bid from the Italian side.

Carvalho said: "I have made up my mind and I want to open a new cycle in my career.

"I feel ready to do it. I had a chance to discuss this with the Chelsea directors and they know what I think. Now we'll see what happens.

"I have been living in London for the past five years and I have had some marvellous moments.

"The first four seasons were wonderful, but the last one was difficult.

"Now I think it's right that Chelsea and I go our separate ways."

Carvalho has been linked with a switch to Manchester City but he insists his heart is set on Inter.

He added: "I spoke to my agent and he knows what I want.

"If I leave Chelsea, I want to play for another great club, not an average side - otherwise I will honour my contract in London.

"Inter are a top club, better yet, a special club. I have heard good things about them and I don't even need to talk to Mourinho.

"He is a great professional and working with him again would be an big stimulus for me.

"I still have a lot to prove and I am not at the end of my career."

It is time to let Carvalho go, he's been an excellent defender for us but he no longer wants to play for us.

Alex had a great season and i think now he's made that position his own

Barring any sudden changes of plan, Inter transfer consultant Gabriele Oriali will travel to England today to make a fresh attempt for Chelsea centre-back Ricardo Carvalho, according to FcInterNews.

Oriali will hold a meeting with Blues sporting director Frank Arnesen in hopes of getting the west London club to reconsider their initial asking price.

Chelsea have reportedly slapped a €15million price tag on the Portuguese, a sum that the Italian champions are unwilling to shell out for a 31-year-old.

Jose Mourinho is said to be keen to reunite with the man he already coached at Porto before their move to Stamford Bridge in 2004, but Inter President Massimo Moratti is only prepared to put up to €8m on Chelsea’s table.

Oriali’s trip to London is unlikely to bring out the topic of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, though, as the Premier League giants have refuted reports they had tabled a €58m offer plus the services of Deco and Carvalho to land the Swedish star.

not sure if inter is being "cheap". seems everyone is in agreement that carvalho, while great when fit, is fighting some injury issues and deco, with injuries of his own, was an awful bust. seems to figure that inter may have the same views on the matter and therefore want a discounted price.

that being said, i'd shop carvalho to other teams/leagues that need a little help on the back line (madrid, ac milan-maybe include in some deal to bring pato?, etc.)?

looks like Inter doesn't want Carvalho

JOSE MOURINHO has beaten Manchester City to the signing of Lucio.

Inter Milan boss Mourinho has landed the Bayern Munich centre-back, who was targetted by City.

Brazilian captain Lucio, 31, will sign a three-year deal with the Italian champions.

City are desperate to bolster their defence after signing striker Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez this summer.

Eastlands manager Mark Hughes wants to lure Chelsea skipper John Terry to the North West.

And he has also set his sights on Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

Edited by the wes

Im still pretty sure Carvalho will leave by August 31, so will Deco, Ferreira, Shevchenko and Pizzaro

Yes it is still possible, i am sure Inter are not the only team interested in signing Deco and Carvalho. Although it has been very very quiet this summer on talk of players leaving.

Ricardo Carvalho told he's going nowhere

adverts.addToArray("sky", "120x600,160x600"); Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has told Ricardo Carvalho he is an important part of his plans and won't be sold.

The defender has been pressing for a move all summer after accusing the club of not supporting him enough during his injuries last season.

A move to Inter Milan has fallen through but Ancelotti feels the 31year-old still has a lot to offer and has taken him to the United States for the club's pre-season tour.

Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho has admitted to Sky Sports News he does not know where his future lies.

Carvalhospacer.gif has been strongly linked with a move to Serie A giants Inter Milan,spacer.gif where former Chelsea and Porto boss Jose Mourinhospacer.gif currently manages.

However, Inter appear unwilling to match the Blues' asking price for a deal involving Carvalho and possibly playmaker Deco.

Carvalho, who is currently on Chelsea's pre-season tour of America,spacer.gif has conceded he has considered a move elsewhere.

He told Sky Sports News: "What I said before was that I have had four great seasons here and last season wasn't so good, so I wasn't happy and I don't think the club were happy because I didn't play.

"At that time I felt like maybe it was time to go. But now I have a contract and I have to be professional and get fit to help my team-mates.

"In the future you never know, but at this moment I am focused on getting fit."

• 11 months later...

Inter Milan plan swoop for Chelsea star

sad.gif

i think we still need carva atleast another year

I think we can cope to be honest.. The Terry/Carvalho partnership isn't what it used to be anymore, Alex has really stepped up in a Chelsea shirt. If he gets injured then Ivanovic can play as centre back, so can Essien and we can promote Bruma. Might as well get a few million from the sale of Carvalho