Chelsea 1-2 Inter Milan

Jase

6 minutes ago, GQman2121 said:

Fair criticism for both players. However, those shortcomings clearly overshadow their positives. You could make the same claims for Kyle Walker on the right - who I don't rate at all. 

Wingback is a difficult position to nail down with specifics because it's such a wide ranging role switching from defender to attacker. Max effort at both ends is the least you can ask for, but a lot depends on your supporting teammates. Fabregas definitely leaves a lot more work for everyone defending wide which we saw in all three of these games on tour. 

One thing I'm confident of is that Chamberlain doesn't solve anything anywhere within the first team. He would be an addition, but that's about it. Another option off the bench that could hopefully figure something out and take that next step if he were be purchased.

Chamberlain is slightly better than Moses and can actually cross the ball. Sandro and Ox would be brilliant purchases.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chelsea problem is that the club obviously can't replace complete defense. Bad selection of players in defense is astonishing. I mean, I see no difference in quality between Moses, Alonso,Azpi and Cahill. Pretty much same goes in same room. And the fact they won PL and one year before it was Leicester, tells you everything you need to know about quality of the EPL. 

You just put Azpilicueta in the same bracket as the others... Wait a moment I need to rinse the blood coming out from my eyes reading this

32 minutes ago, Barbara said:

You just put Azpilicueta in the same bracket as the others... Wait a moment I need to rinse the blood coming out from my eyes reading this

Yep, and I would do again. We concede goals because of him same we concede because of other 3. He's fighter, defensively slightly better then other 3 but he makes pretty much same mistakes as them so for me he's miles away of being top player. Anyway this is my opinion. He can be Paolo Maldini in your eyes and that's fine but that won put him at same level. Just saying✌🏻

Difference of opinion between Conte and myself, but the silliest thing about this match was arguably the formation and/or selection of players. Morata, for one, didn't have much chance next to Alonso and Fabregas when asked to push an attack (with Bats smothered). The centre midfield didn't have a chance with only Cesc and N'golo --as has been pointed out.

Without Luiz in the back, Chelsea look shit-outta-options. 

Team desperately needs more in CM, WBs, and really looks set to struggle defensively with the back line as a whole. How many times will Luiz be there to compensate over the coming season? Not superman forever.

Even with 3-4 signings --some of which need to become gems on the pitch, I think we're looking at a season full of struggles and disappointments. Hopefully CFC sees this already and doesn't expect Conte to possess the squad with ability beyond what is actually there.

4 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Without Luiz in the back, Chelsea look shit-outta-options. 

Team desperately needs more in CM, WBs, and really looks set to struggle defensively with the back line as a whole. How many times will Luiz be there to compensate over the coming season? Not superman forever.

Luiz has been the only player to continually impress me.

Luiz has been the only player to continually impress me.

But had one of his brain farts when game resumed and they had a disallowed goal because the striker was offside. It started with a terrible backpass from him followed by a lazy stroll.
One play doesn't take the credit away, but that wad typical of him before Conte