Richarlison

Chelsea4

Such a terrific talent. He has been fantastic this season and for a player who is only 20 years old coming from Brazil, has made his first steps into English football look easy. He has a mix of everything. A burst of acceleration, good technique, is amazingly strong and really difficult to get the ball off, good in the air and seems to be getting better, game by game. Silva has worked wonders with him. Watford are going to struggle to keep hold of him in the summer I predict. A lot of better teams will be after him.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/08/2017 at 1:05 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Just from YouTube highlights it was easy to predict that Gabigol would flop. I would boast of having done so, but in fact my prediction was slightly wrong. My assessment of him, on here (I think) and definitely on WAGNH, was that, "I'd be amazed if any top club signs him." Well a top club did take him but they must be regretting it.

I'm a Gabriel Jesus non-believer too as I said before he joined up with City. There is a quickness and an industry about him that opponents will always have to contend with. A good player, yes, but his touch is too loose to qualify him as a 'gem' in my opinion. A watcher of Brazilian football, whose opinion I generally respect, posted to say that Jesus was a terrific player and would be a big success here. I could never see that myself and was happy with the idea that he might keep Aguero out of their side since GJ is a clear downgrade in my opinion. Having been very excited about him during his honeymoon spell, City fans are beginning to sober up. They are recalibrating their opinions, and starting to trot out the excuses for his his displays.

Late off topic: I think Gabriel Jesus has been misunderstood by those absurd "new Neymar" headlines in european media.

He was never a trick winger. He's a player with impact in the games, like Thomas Muller.

This season his stats are 08 goals/01 assist in just 635 minutes.

Had some fantastic games in the nt too, like against Argentina.

This is kind of what we expected from Kenedy. I think he would be a really usefull player for us. 

Kenedy is naturally a LWF/LM that's never played in that position during his time in England. He really needs to moving elsewhere permanently & grow up along the way.

I get super irritated when I watch him. Clearly super talented but the diving and play acting that this kid does is over the top. Did it about 3 times yesterday and did it a bunch against us a few weeks back as well. Feels the slightest contact and jumps in the air and rolls around. Yesterday he even jumped in the air and clutched his knee after only a slight push on his back. The match commentator even mentioned his play acting several times. 

Anyways, wouldn't be shocked if we are indeed looking at him. If he stays this consistent through the rest of the season I just can't imagine Watford selling him after just 1 season. And in this day and age they'd probably ask £70-80m which we (rightly) wouldn't ever pay.

14 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Sell Willian for stcks of cash and go for this lad. He can't be worse than Willian.

No, I'm not a fan of buying a young player like this when we already have talented youth players, including Dujon Sterling and Hudson-Odoi who play similar positions. We also have Musonda too. No more throwing money at these young players who have a few good games. 

3 hours ago, It's too big said:

No, I'm not a fan of buying a young player like this when we already have talented youth players, including Dujon Sterling and Hudson-Odoi who play similar positions. We also have Musonda too. No more throwing money at these young players who have a few good games. 

Calum is seventeen years and two weeks old, Charlie is showing few signs and there is plenty of room in the squad for Duje plus a young signing or two.

If you feel the jury is still out on Richarlison then that’s a fair enough opinion, but I wouldn’t say we shouldn’t sign young players per se. It’s just a matter of exercising good judgement and picking the right ones. 

I say ‘just’, but of course you’re right that it’s tough to identify the genuine prospects. We do have to try though, not least because we are struggling to attract the established stars. 

Should wait and see how he gets on next season if he stays at Watford, if he can a similar effect next year consider him yes but I have my doubts.

To be honest I can’t see a Man United or Man City signing him for obvious reasons or even Arsenal due to the fact they have Iwobi, Walcott, Sanchez (maybe not for long) also Ozil (maybe not for long) and Welbeck as well who play wider areas. Spurs maybe but honestly think he’d be a shoe in for Everton in all fairness, they lack a player who offers directness and real pace. He’ll be about that level when he hits his peak I reckon. Genuinely dont think he’ll ever be a top 4 player, not sure he’s better than David Neres who plays for Ajax or Andreas Pereira, United player on loan at Valencia, two other talented Brazilian attacking players at a similar age. I genuinely believe Pereira would be getting regular PL minutes if he wasn’t playing for Jose Mourinho at Man United. Neres still a lot to prove but a guy with a huge ceiling imo, Ajax right club for him just now but will move eventually.

Richarlisons rolling about and diving has to stop though. Pathetic. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hes only had half a season in the PL, think its a bit premature to say hes ready for somebody in top 4. Maybe if he continues his form the remainder of this season and up to January next year, then yes maybe but think it would be a stupid move firstly on his behalf and secondly on our behalf. Coming here, where in all likely hood he'd be sitting on the bench would kill his development and we would end up with another player who isn't ready/good enough for us. I think its just a lazy story in all fairness, we will be loaning Musonda out, Arsenal will be selling Sanchez and Richarlison has had a decent start to his PL career... so 2 + 2 = 5.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You