Chelsea 2-3 Bayern Munich

Jase

Just now, communicate said:

It actually make sense for Morata to go wider. He played on the wing a couple times for Juve, but from today's performance not sure I want him there

Why it makes sense? First of all, Hazard will most likely occupy that space, so it's better for others not getting used to that. Second of all, we didn't bring 60 millions striker to play him out wide.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 10 days behind Bayern in preparation, a lots of players missing, couple of more to come it wasn't all so bad. Yes, our defense is awful. Most of them are middle table level players but with some upgrades and them being let on the bench, Chelsea could be where's Bayern today.

6 minutes ago, El P. said:

Why it makes sense? First of all, Hazard will most likely occupy that space, so it's better for others not getting used to that. Second of all, we didn't bring 60 millions striker to play him out wide.

It got nothing to do with Hazard.

You said when Michy and Morata played together you expect Michy to be the one who stay central.

I said it made more sense for Morata to drift wider more because he used to play on the wing for Juve hence He is more comfortable out wide

27 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Think we need more friendly match, now only one match left with a lot of players still unavailable. Far from ready for the new season.

I saw talk that they may schedule another behind-closed-doors friendly between the community shield and the start of the season. 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

And we made Arsenal look bad the other day. 
It's pre season. 

It is why I say I don't understand you guys taking pre season too serious. Don't hype it up like when we beat Arsenal and don't be the end of the world like today. 
It's pre season. 

The game on Saturday,the traveling, the weather, the pitch , the lack of squad depth, losing 3-2 to that wee german side i would say decent enough work out for pre-season!

It is a friendly, guys! 

What is true is that the squad has not been improved so far: we just replaced 3 experienced players by 3 new young players with little experience.

We need another 3 very good and experienced players, especially in the defense and midfield.

It's only pre-season and not too concerned about the result and performance, especially when Bayern are way ahead in their preparation than us. Having said that, if the board need anymore convincing that this team need more quality, then they only have to watch this game. Once again, against one of the better sides in Europe, we struggled. Couldn't keep the ball, struggled to create chances, midfield and the wing backs got exposed on numerous occasions etc. The first 30 minutes was really bad and had Bayern fancied it, the result could have been a whole lot worse.

That aside, gotta say the atmosphere inside the stadium was pretty good. Was at the game and although it wasn't fully packed (about 7000 short from max capacity), 3 quarter of the stadium was filled with Chelsea fans. 'Antonio', 'C'mon Chelsea ' chants went off a couple of times. Conte got the loudest cheer when the lineup was announced before the match (Muller got the loudest overall). Morata, unsurprisingly, also got a very good reception when he came on. Just a shame that the staff/players didn't parade the league trophy before the game like they did in China and only a handful of players came to applaud the fans and they barely got close! Stark contrast to Bayern players who went over to their fans and thanked them and with a banner too! Overall, pretty good and should expect another big turnout against Inter on Saturday.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's only pre-season and not too concerned about the result and performance, especially when Bayern are way ahead in their preparation than us. Having said that, if the board need anymore convincing that this team need more quality, then they only have to watch this game. Once again, against one of the better sides in Europe, we struggled. Couldn't keep the ball, struggled to create chances, midfield and the wing backs got exposed on numerous occasions etc. The first 30 minutes was really bad and had Bayern fancied it, the result could have been a whole lot worse.

That aside, gotta say the atmosphere inside the stadium was pretty good. Was at the game and although it wasn't fully packed (about 7000 short from max capacity), 3 quarter of the stadium was filled with Chelsea fans. 'Antonio', 'C'mon Chelsea ' chants went off a couple of times. Conte got the loudest cheer when the lineup was announced before the match (Muller got the loudest overall). Morata, unsurprisingly, also got a very good reception when he came on. Just a shame that the staff/players didn't parade the league trophy before the game like they did in China and only a handful of players came to applaud the fans and they barely got close! Stark contrast to Bayern players who went over to their fans and thanked them and with a banner too! Overall, pretty good and should expect another big turnout against Inter on Saturday.

I am not so sure if Bayern is ahead in the preparation. Only Müller, Ribery, Coman, Bernat, Martinez (who is out the next 4 months) and Hummels started July 1 mainly together with some U19 kids (on the Asia tour it is some U21s even if most of them played U19 or even U17 last season). And the first tests on the country were played with 3 professionals... 

Ribery was injured or rested the first days - Martinez the same - most of the others of today started training July 10th or even later. Sanches started with the Asia tour - James about July 15th.

Because of muscle problems Friedl - a young Austrian that played U19 last season - started as left full back. The goalkeeper of the first half Starke is 36 and actually retired with Alonso and Lahm after last season - but because of injuries keeps himself fit. The goalkeeper of the second half is the new third keeper Früchtl, who just turned 17. Remember the name - if he has the patience he will be Neuer's successor - he is training with the pros since about 2 years. 

Our midfield - Tolisso and Sanches played together the first time today. Tolisso seems to be a steal from everything I have seen from him until now. Sanches looked a lot better as he looked before for us. 

I was a little afraid if the youngsters would be able to hold the results - all of them just have U19 or Regionalliga (with the U23 - it is German 4 legs 4th league) experience. But in difference to the match against Arsenal when we wasted a lot of chances and at the end they caught the 1:1 in overtime it held. 

Do your players have so many marketing dates every day, too? It is not just Adidas that likes to show of Alaba, James and Müller everywhere but the other big German marketing partners, too - like Siemens, Paulaner or DHL, that want to show off. 

I've watched two of our games now and also listened to pundits and commentators on both games and have come to a conclusion...

When these players rest for a few weeks for summer and lay in the sun and relax or sail on the posh yachts jumping into the sea, how does it make sense that the commentators/fans say things like "His touch is poor he's been away on holiday and and needs bedding in" Is this for real? These players don't actually lose touch and ability to control a ball because of a 2 week holiday?

These pre season excuses get worse every year.

Need not to overreact with this result. Don't take it lightly because we do still have some problem and weakness to solved. At the same time, don't get overboard by saying this is what the best this team can get. A lot of factors involved, and our fitness level clearly is not ideal yet. In the middle of pre-season like this, we will take the lesson, fix the problem, get ready for the next one.

"Heat and preparation affect the wrong passages, but I'm not worried. When my president asks me to win the International Champions Cup, I will change my schedule. Until then I will think about preparing championship, Champions and Cup Italy"(cit. Antonio Conte year 2013)

6 hours ago, communicate said:

That is a overreaction. I think yang upgrade on our wb either side is fine. 

Btw Ribery is 34 and he was arguably the most dangerous player on bayern team today. 

I'm not overreacting,we need a LWB,RWB,CM and another ST! Alonso is good but againts clubs that are tehnically great he will get exposed and we only have one LWB so we need one more,the same goes for Moses who has improved but we still need a RWB. We have Bakayoko,Kante and Fabregas for the midfield position 3 CMs+ this game has showed that we will have to switch to 3-5-2 againts clubs like these. We have only 2 STs.