Chelsea 2-3 Bayern Munich

Jase

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gadget said:

From my blury screen the whole back 5 + 2 mids have been a shambles. Harsh to call out Christensen. I dont think the centre of a 3 suits him regardless, would like to see him as the right of the 3 second half with Luiz back in the centre 

And this i why I really believe we will be going to Conte favorite formation eventually. 

The 4-2-4. 

Because this formation we are using is horrible against top team. Already saw it against Real Madrid final. 

So hopefully Conte see that. 

We are getting much more into it. That was a fantastic save by Starke from Bats earlier. Alonso has his critics but for someone not so fast, his ability to pick the right moments to go forward and find the net is such a useful attribute. Brilliant goal. Looking forward to seeing Morata.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

That also concern me, even if we lose 7-0, I don't care. It is the fact how easy they found space that worry me.

Other than Hazard and Andreas we pretty much playing with full team

Geezer, Rudi, Tiemoue, Pedro, Eden, Alvaro.

3 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

We are getting overrun in midfield because Fabregas is not that good in 2 man midfield, i'm sure we would look better with Baka. Also Boga looks great

Fabregas might work in the 4-2-4 if we ever switch. But never Fabregas and Kante in this formation. 

Need Kanta and Bakayoko.....now we see why we need another Midfielder, because we only have Kante and Bakayoko. 

Then in the 4 Fabregas can play as 10 with Morata, Hazard, Pedro. 

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Geezer, Rudi, Tiemoue, Pedro, Eden, Alvaro.

You can say the same with Bayern no Robben, no Boateng, No Thiago, No Kimmich,No Alaba.

We are playing almost full team, this is not mix and match between youth team and first team. 

We can't keep playing 3-4-3 against good teams. We are just being outplayed. Also, Kante is a good player but when he is bad, he is really really bad.

Completely premature assessment.
We can't play 3-4-3 against top teams with Fabregas in the team... We talked about this a thousand times. Alonso was doing his best eye marking... Anyway, this is preseason, it's embarrassing, of course, but not the end of the world much less the moment to write off the system [emoji19]

We gave so much space for them, passing was lacking, getting desposessed and quickly exposed by Bayern fast transition.

We should be doing one on one marking for ribery, everytime he is free in our right.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Just now, Barbara said:

Completely premature assessment.
We can't play 3-4-3 against top teams with Fabregas in the team... We talked about this a thousand times. Alonso was doing his best eye marking... Anyway, this is preseason, it's embarrassing, of course, but not the end of the world much less the moment to write off the system emoji19.png

Agree, It is a shame that Baka is injured, I want to see how our 343 cope against team with good winger + overlapping fb.

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

You can say the same with Bayern no Robben, no Boateng, No Thiago, No Kimmich,No Alaba.

We are playing almost full team, this is not mix and match between youth team and first team. 

But I would say, we are missing our entire starting attack (Pedro-Morata-Hazard), playing a player who cannot defend in the midfield and one of the vocal, organizational leaders in Luiz. 

As I expected and predicted several times here, a midfield of Kante and Cesc in a 2 is absolutely disastrous against great sides. They passed rings around them and Cesc has zero recovery speed if the ball is passed beyond him. We desperately need Bakayoko fit or we're fucked against anyone in the top 6 or so in the PL or anyone good in Europe.

This match is also the perfect advertisement for Conte to show the board on why we really need upgrades at both wing back positions. Agains, they're good enough for most of the domestic sides, but will get exposed badly against great teams.

We NEED to splash the cash even more because there's still a gulf in class between us and the very best.