Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

16 minutes ago, nono said:

We only seem to be linked with second and third rate players this window. We are already so far behind in squad quality compared to the good teams in Europe. Then we go ahead and sign players for huge sums who can't get into those teams, strengthening them and weakening ourselves even more. I am very disheartened by this transfer window so far. I know it's early days but this is looking more and more like last year. 

I am afraid the lack of CL football does not help a team that needs more top players.

Still it's early days. From what I have seen of morata is he would be a good back up to Costa... if we can keep him.

1 hour ago, nono said:

We only seem to be linked with second and third rate players this window. We are already so far behind in squad quality compared to the good teams in Europe. Then we go ahead and sign players for huge sums who can't get into those teams, strengthening them and weakening ourselves even more. I am very disheartened by this transfer window so far. I know it's early days but this is looking more and more like last year. 

Except Rudiger and Lichtsteiner, we've been linked with exactly the players we would need to get back to the top.
Koulibaly, Nainggolan, Kante, Morata. These are not second or third rate player.

5 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Seen that but how is he? We can't do anything until madrid make a decision can we

If Madrid intend to buy him, but NOT keep him, we may well be aware of such intention AND negotiate with the club and have a meeting with the player's agent, in order to have everything ready for a potential transfer. It just can't go all through, until the 1st of July.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What's with these handsome looking Spanish players shaving their heads? Morata looks awful with this buzz cut. :D

Same way Isco and Cesc did.

Two years ago [Sergio] Ramos cut my hair, and just after that, I started scoring lots of goals and so did he - it brought us good luck. We're quite superstitious so we decided to do it again, let's hope it brings us luck again.