Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

3 minutes ago, Rich De Hog said:

Played for the Italian champions season before last, played for the Spanish Champions last year now signed to the Neglosh champions for the coming season.

You can say what you like but he has consistently performed for the best teams in two out of the top 5 leagues in Europe. Everything suggests he'll be capable of doing just the same in the EPL.

No he hasn't, he struggled in Serie A with Juve. Didn't lock up a starting role with them, most memorable for a few good games in the CL on the back of Tevez. 

You can say whatever you want, the fact is we paid a club record fee for a benchwarmer. No way around that. 

1 minute ago, chelseawise said:

All we need now is Sanchez from Arsenal and that will complete our transfers. Not too concerned about not getting any full backs, quite happy with Mosses and Alonso with Azpilicueta as back up

We need 2 fullbacks. Azpi is a CB. Rotation wise he can be back up to both. Also, if one of our full backs gets injured, replacing then with Azpi would weaken us in 2 positions instead of one. 

8 minutes ago, chelseawise said:

All we need now is Sanchez from Arsenal and that will complete our transfers. Not too concerned about not getting any full backs, quite happy with Mosses and Alonso with Azpilicueta as back up

We need RWB and maybe even LWB more than we need attacking midfielder :) you don't say no to Alexis Sanchez but I would sleep tight even if we "only" manage to improve both our wingback positions ;) 

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Musonda, Baker, Boga ... more than enough quality, talent and depth IMO :) 

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

With all that said, i think he is most suited to play alongside another striker. I really doubt he will play up top alone. 

Batshuai  Morata

Hazard                                Willian

Just now, TheIceMan said:

Batshuai  Morata

Hazard                                Willian

With 3 at the back? No thanks.

So let's make them regret that business by making him one of the best striker in the game.

I fully trust Conte and morata in this task.

He will be fantastic for us!

Edit: somehow my Tapatalk app is not replying right now. This was a answer to clockwerk post:

"From a risk and reward concept absolutely. Mbappe is already one of the best and huge potential. Mbappe could walk into any starting squad with the exception of Barca, and possibly Madrid.

How about Morata at age 25? He has neither great potential or great body of work.  Madrid fans i know are calling it their best piece business since signing Ronaldo. Only Madrid fans who are gutted are those who are sentimental because he is a Castilla product"