test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

1,834 posts in this topic
Just now, Special Juan said:

If his mind cannot be switched off from his wife and children for 90 minutes then there is a problem, a big problem. She is newly pregnant, she will be in good hands when he is not around and he still has a job to do.

Morata right now looks like a little lost boy out there.

Well I know all playersshould be able to turn off outside distractions but we know life just aint like that.

I'm worried he's missing sitters too but just think he will turn out good for us.

Once he fully settles in, and he'll be one of the best strikers in the world. 

the wes likes this

45 minutes ago, Eisenstein said:

Once he fully settles in, and he'll be one of the best strikers in the world. 

Ahhh. I remember people saying similar things about Torres too. A trip down memory lane...

On 4/8/2011 at 7:57 PM, ElNinoSemper said:

It's really easy to write Torres off now because it isn't happening for him. But when the tide turns, and it will, I wonder how fast the hymn sheets will be changed over for the new tunes to be sung. But I suppose in the meantime, the naysayers will continue to have a field day.

On 4/13/2011 at 2:37 PM, milan.cech said:

He will be a proper and quality signing after the summer break, ie from the start of the new campaing. I have no doubts about that. He was supposed to help us in the Champions League but he is not fully at the team. That will change though.

On 5/9/2011 at 1:17 AM, Sparkie said:

Confidence means so much in football - Torres just lacking it at the moment. Give him a full 90 next week, mix things up, see how he goes. Nothing to lose, really.

On 5/15/2011 at 3:56 PM, Tomo said:

His worst performace yet but please keep the faith

Nicolas Anelka

Bran Ivan

Ramires

Ashley Cole

Florent Malouda

All them were abysmal when they started for Chelsea, did we press the panic button with them? no and we have (or are) reaping the rewards.

*Sorry Tomo*

Granted, Morata had a better start for Chelsea than Torres but at the moment, that's it. Great positioning etc. don't matter to me if Morata (or another player) in the end doesn't score from it.

(Yes I'm still fuming with Morata. My Gooner dad rubbed it in so much that we will never beat them again in the Emirates under Conte).

The Skipper, DDA and Amblève. like this

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

Morata had a better start for Chelsea than Torres

Hes also made a better start than the geezer in your sig mate.

I know all his donsides but I'll always love him for coming on after subbing Drogs to score the equalizer to knock Barca out

Putting Alvaros experience in the Real Madrid B team aside, he has only scored 50 career goals at club level. In 145 games he has only scored 50 times. That is pretty poor to be honest.

Amblève. likes this

I'm here to defend Morata so let's get started.
The best way to start is to admit that Morata had a bad game against Arsenal but that's it he missed some chances,he had a bad day and suddenly he is a bad signing or a bad player you could't be more wrong. Why was no one complaining when Diego would fuck up 80% of our attacks? Maybe because Diego would act like a animal, or maybe as some of you would describe it as his "passion"? and if you're looking at the stats you will see that Morata has equaled Diego's stats in his best season(2014/2015) till January. Morata's movement was world class against Arsenal,as always,he created those chances by himself,with his movement,he made himself available,something Diego can't do. As time passes he will only get better a bit of time is all he needs.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

the wes likes this

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

The best way to start is to admit that Morata had a bad game against Arsenal but that's it he missed some chances,he had a bad day and suddenly he is a bad signing or a bad player you could't be more wrong. Why was no one complaining when Diego would fuck up 80% of our attacks? Maybe because Diego would act like a animal, or maybe as some of you would describe it as his "passion"? and if you're looking at the stats you will see that Morata has equaled Diego's stats in his best season(2014/2015) till January. Morata's movement was world class against Arsenal,as always,he created those chances by himself,with his movement,he made himself available,something Diego can't do. As time passes he will only get better a bit of time is all he needs.

The only thing I'm replying to is the "No one criticising Diego" part, as I still haven't lost faith in Morata.

Did you ever see Diegos thread? Him fucking up our attacks was a constant criticism.

Amblève. likes this

The only thing I'm replying to is the "No one criticising Diego" part, as I still haven't lost faith in Morata.

Did you ever see Diegos thread? Him fucking up our attacks was a constant criticism.

Not really,whenever i was complaining there would always be someone who would say 'he is scoring goals that's what a striker should do.' etc.

On 1/6/2018 at 3:17 AM, Chelsea4 said:

In term of link up play Morata is so much cleaner than Costa and his heading ability surpass Costa by a mile. The problem with Morata is I don't think he is a terrific finisher, I have watched most of his goals from Juve and RM and tons of them are header. 

He just simply need train his shooting skill and especially for one on one, just stay calm and develop one on one skill either chip or go around the GK

DYC. and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

In term of link up play Morata is so much cleaner than Costa and his heading ability surpass Costa by a mile. The problem with Morata is I don't think he is a terrific finisher, I have watched most of his goals from Juve and RM and tons of them are header. 
He just simply need train his shooting skill and especially for one on one, just stay calm and develop one on one skill either chip or go around the GK
His finishing is good i don't think that's the issue but i believe that lack of confidence instead is a issue,something similar to Torres.

Unionjack likes this

My no.9 Morata Chelsea Home Vapor match shirt just arrived in the post. Cost me an arm and a leg, please do me proud in the upcoming matches..... :S

Sideshow Luiz likes this