Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

32 minutes ago, lucio said:

I think their president said, months ago, that he wants both and they will work well together

ahahahaha 

no way both to milan

one of them could become a chelsea player 

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

I doubt that very much. They already got Andre Silva last month for €40M and if they get Morata now too I don't see them going for a third new expensive striker in the same window. Then again I didn't really see Milan buying this many players to begin with, so anything's possible.

No smoke without fire, Morata's off to Milan. Wouldn't even surprise me one bit if the fee was something like €50M + bonuses while English clubs got quoted €80-90M up front.

Maybe we are waiting to see what the price will be to then match it. 

2 minutes ago, yipo said:

maybe real madrid just dont want to sell to us. 

I refuse to believe it, I also am more inclined to think it's us not willing to match prices quoted. This is now a sellers market, if you don't pay it, you ain't getting it.

10 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Maybe we are waiting to see what the price will be to then match it. 

Yeah, that worked out brilliantly with Lukaku and that's even with him initially wanting to join Chelsea.

Leaving it that late is just stupid and hijacking deals at that point is really rare. Of course there's always the odd Willian who will get their head turned at the last minute but usually if negotiations have gone that far the decision to join a club is already made.

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I refuse to believe it, I also am more inclined to think it's us not willing to match prices quoted. This is now a sellers market, if you don't pay it, you ain't getting it.

To be fair, maybe the board is hesitant on spending such a big amount on one player (e.g. if you look at all the players we've been linked with, apart from Alex Sandro, every other rumor/bid has been well below 45 million...probably the reason why United got Lukaku instead of us).

I'll be interested to see who we sign as Belotti seems to prefer Milan and there hasn't been any real evidence of us bidding for Aubameyang (even though their CEO is 'waiting' for offers)

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yeah, that worked out brilliantly with Lukaku and that's even with him initially wanting to join Chelsea.

Leaving it that late is just stupid and hijacking deals at that point is really rare. Of course there's always the odd Willian who will get their head turned at the last minute but usually if negotiations have gone that far the decision to join a club is already made.

Is their actually proof that Lukaku wanted to join us in this transfer window...because I don't recall him saying anything about Chelsea, he just wanted to step up in his career, wanted to play for a top club. 

If I remember correctly, he mentioned something like 'B**S***' when he was linked to Chelsea...so I'm guessing he knew United were in for him, they were probably just trying to keep things under wraps whilst the Rooney deal got finalized. 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Is their actually proof that Lukaku wanted to join us in this transfer window...because I don't recall him saying anything about Chelsea, he just wanted to step up in his career, wanted to play for a top club. 

If I remember correctly, he mentioned something like 'B**S***' when he was linked to Chelsea...so I'm guessing he knew United were in for him, they were probably just trying to keep things under wraps whilst the Rooney deal got finalized. 

He made the 'bullshit' comment when everyone thought him playing five-a-side on a Chelsea sponsored pitch meant the move was confirmed. Nothing wrong with that and I'd say it's only fair to squash the rumours if not for anything else than respect for the club at the time still paying his wages, which was Everton.

Pretty well trusted journos have said Lukaku and Conte had been talking on the phone about a possible move since last season ended so I'm guessing he did want to come. That, and all the talk about his supposed 'unfinished business' earlier in the year. Players rarely come out in public to discuss this stuff because their contracts obligate them to be loyal, and after getting the move to another club they're hardly going to say it was only their second choice. With Lukaku transfer Chelsea just didn't act fast enough so when United came in and had no problem paying all parties what they wanted, the move was completed very quickly. United spent all of June negotiating for Morata because even they thought Lukaku was destined to return to Chelsea and only entered the fray when Mino Raiola let them know that deal to CFC had stalled and they still had a chance to get Lukaku. 

Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli has revealed that AC Milan are trying to sign #Chelsea target Alvaro Morata. [Standard]

Alvaro Morata could now be on the move to AC Milan after the club are believed to have offered him higher wages than #Chelsea. [Standard]

I hope he will join Milan. He is not worth the price tag, he is not the kind of player needed in the 3-6-1 system, he is not the kind of player to terrorize the opponents defense in a UCL knockout stage class. 

You just don't replace Diego Costa with Morata.

"Milan are still looking to give Montella the gift of a new first team attacking option. The aces have remained the same as the names have consistently been Belotti, Kalinic, Aubameyang and Morata. On the latter, it seems that Chelsea at the moment are closest to signing the player from Real Madrid."

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/milan-attacking-options-from-belotti-to-kalinic-through-aubameyang-chelsea-ahead-for-morata-the-situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk