Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

6 minutes ago, CaptainConte said:

In my Opinion, Belotti and Morata have the same price.

Cairo Made the Clausola of 100 mln only because he was scare that Juventus bought him like Higuain..

But for 70/80 mln of euros, Cairo sold..

I agree on pricing, I am just discussing Morata because that is the loudest striker links at the moment. I prefer Belotti personally due to a variety of factors but I think Morata can be great for us. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

First of all what are you even doing here? Because you saw him for two season means nothing to me i know Morata since his debut for Real back in 2010.

@CaptainConte is providing an interesting, and useful, perspective on several situations. Not to mention the odd translation service now and again. He is a very welcome guest. 

2 hours ago, CaptainConte said:

You can do a bet with a young striker who have the goal in DNA...like Andrea Belotti, or Mauro Icardi...Morata have played his best games away from the box...

How did Morata play at Juventus? Was he essentially a second striker and would that perhaps partly explain his pretty average goalscoring record?

What I'm trying to get at, is has he been given a proper chance yet at leading the line as the main man? 

He would have to step up if that is the case, but some players flourish in this way and when I've watched him (albeit not often) he does strike me as someone who works hard and has the right attitude to do everything he can to succeed.

58 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

He is a animal literally but in terms of football he is limited. Tehnically he is bad,link up play is bad and the worst is there are times where he is not even bothered to play.

Agree with some of your point. I like Costa, at his best he is unplayable for sure, but he is not irreplaceable, especially after his stupid antics all this year. If we can sign a replacement that banging 25+ goals a season and able to play well in some big games, I don't think I would miss Costa.

I could see Morata getting 18-22 Goals and 8-10 assists next year while making Hazard/Pedro/Bats more dangerous with proper technique and runs. That is probably best case scenario in my head, he seems to be too unselfish to be a 25+ a year guy. 

10 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I could see Morata getting 18-22 Goals and 8-10 assists next year while making Hazard/Pedro/Bats more dangerous with proper technique and runs. That is probably best case scenario in my head, he seems to be too unselfish to be a 25+ a year guy. 

In all competition, I think it is not impossible for Morata to get 25+ goals. Something like at least 18 in the PL, 4 in CL, 4 in cup matches is still possible.

8 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

In all competition, I think it is not impossible for Morata to get 25+ goals. Something like at least 18 in the PL, 4 in CL, 4 in cup matches is still possible.

Yes sorry I should clarify, my projections were based off of PL and Cup matches. Its a similar output to what Diego has done just without the headache and I think he will help get more goals but not be credited by opening up the play with a smart pass which leads to another pass for a goal. You are correct.

9 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

He scored 20 this season while basically being a sub, so this seems totally possible.

22 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

How did Morata play at Juventus? Was he essentially a second striker and would that perhaps partly explain his pretty average goalscoring record?

What I'm trying to get at, is has he been given a proper chance yet at leading the line as the main man? 

He would have to step up if that is the case, but some players flourish in this way and when I've watched him (albeit not often) he does strike me as someone who works hard and has the right attitude to do everything he can to succeed.

The first year at Juventus played like a box striker, like Filippo Inzaghi.The second Year at Juventus he played in all the offensive pitch, also as wing.

Morata, in the movement, Remember me the "first" Premier Fernando Torres (The Reds Torres obviusly) but without the same skill of goals, and is also a Striker very emotive.

Conte, in all his club want a  striker who know play should on net...In Siena was Mastronunzio, in Juventus was Matri/Borriello first, and Llorente then, Pellé in Italy...

For this reason I don't understand the interest of Chelsea for the Spanish player..Lukaku was Perfect...

Morata can't be play should on the net...can be give Up the team in the match...

1. I do not doubt, nor am I questioning, that CaptainConte has seen Morata more than the rest of us. Therefore, his opinion should be met with gratitude. Having said that, it is important to remember that fans often see the same player in very different ways. I mean, do we need to look further than Nemanja Matic? Some fans here and on other forums worship him, while others see him as a highly limited and immobile player. Same can be said about Rudiger in Roma. It is simply a matter of perspective, not a universal truth.

2. I find it funny that some people are acting as if Morata's record last season is irrelevant. The poor guy just cant win, can he? Sure, he was an impact player but hey, he DID provide an impact, he scored goals where others struggled to do so. Since when is that something to use against him? He has in the past scored against Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona, more than Belotti or Lukaku can say.  

3. We need to look at a couple of facts. Yes, he was not the starter in Juventus and Real Madrid, but both clubs value him very highly. The spanish national team values him highly. Conte values him highly. Manchester United valued him highly. 
Does this not mean anything?

I do not think he should cost £70m at all, but then again its the market that dictate prices, not supporters. If he is put at such a high cost and clubs such as Chelsea and Man Utd didnt instantly go "Fuck Off!", then clearly they see something that we miss. 

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Well, fools worship Matic, and fools worship Rudiger. So is that to say, fools worship Morata?

Reveal hidden contents

I'd say so.

It's too bad that you fail to understand the point. You can apply the thought to plenty of players, Matic and Rudiger were two examples. Does this make it a little bit clearer?

11 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Yes, he was not the starter in Juventus and Real Madrid, but both clubs value him very highly. The spanish national team values him highly. Conte values him highly. Manchester United valued him highly. 
Does this not mean anything?

Juventus were happy to have him leave.
Real Madrid are happy to have him leave.
He is not rated highly by either. Those are simply 2 clubs who know how to make money.

We don't know if Conte values him or not, truly. He's played players before he doesn't 'value' compared to his undroppables. 
And then of course, Manchester United valued him so highly, that they were happy to walk away and sign Lukaku.

He isn't a player who improves a top side, at all.