Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

16 hours ago, Leif said:

Play Moses as our striker all season and he'll get 20ish goals. Play Morata as our striker all season and he'll get 20ish goals. 

Why pay 70m+ for the latter? Does he have that much to his game other than goals?

Yes he does.

What can I tell you? You've seen the same performances I have. If the two of us have different assessments of what we've seen then there is no way to square that circle, but you asked the question  and 'yes' is my answer to it.

Lets be honest, paying 60m for Morata is as stupid as you like. I mean, he is a good player? Definitely, but not worth the amount of money Real Madrid is asking. The reason is very simple: Morata is just a squad player for Real, and it seems in the future Zidane is thinking more about giving Asensio more playing time than giving Morata more chances.

You might point he scored 15 goals playing most of the season as backup to Benzema, but he is playing for Real after all and most of those goals were scored against weak sides. If you look at at his goal record for Juventus thats far from what you would expect from a 60m striker. He scored 7 goals in one Seria A season, and other 8 in another one, and thats it.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Lets be honest, paying 60m for Morata is as stupid as you like. I mean, he is a good player? Definitely, but not worth the amount of money Real Madrid is asking. The reason is very simple: Morata is just a squad player for Real, and it seems in the future Zidane is thinking more about giving Asensio more playing time than giving Morata more chances.

You might point he scored 15 goals playing most of the season as backup to Benzema, but he is playing for Real after all and most of those goals were scored against weak sides. If you look at at his goal record for Juventus thats far from what you would expect from a 60m striker. He scored 7 goals in one Seria A season, and other 8 in another one, and thats it.

Exactly. He isn't proven in any league. He isn't prolific. He isn't the right man for us.

what the fuck are they even thinking. €90m for someone who hasnt played a single complete season as the main striker of a top team. Thats crazy even for this market... Guess thats the bonus for being a pl-club...

53 minutes ago, Artandur said:

what the fuck are they even thinking. €90m for someone who hasnt played a single complete season as the main striker of a top team. Thats crazy even for this market... Guess thats the bonus for being a pl-club...

They're asking for a lot of money because they can. Real Madrid are one of the richest clubs in the world and they don't have to sell him cheap when English clubs come calling, most importantly because they really prefer to keep him and secondly because the market for top class strikers is really thin right now. I think it's arrogant to think that clubs should somehow be honoured to have someone like Chelsea interested in their player and just accept to sell for a reduced fee. They successfully held United ransom over the fee and were so close to getting them pay the full asking price so why wouldn't they do the same when Chelsea call them.

They also see what everyone else sees, a young 24-year-old player with an amazing scoring record for a bench player and great performances in big games (CL 14/15) not to mention being a regular for Spain NT. If Real sold him for like €50M and as Chelsea's main striker he turned out a world beater they'd look like absolute mugs but at €80-90M they could at least say to have received a massive fee and blame the player for wanting to leave. Of course there's a risk he would never live up to the price tag but that's the case with every transfer.

Not having completed a single season as the main striker really comes down to the only teams he's been playing at, Real Madrid and Juventus. Would you really believe for a second that if someone like Lukaku had played at those teams for the last few years he'd have got any bigger role?

I do not understand why people underrate his Juventus' performance so much. If he really was that poor, then why did Real activate the buy back clause?

Just for business purposes? Then why didn't they sell him last summer?

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

Seems the facts don't stack up with your analysis of him 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10934516/alvaro-morata-to-manchester-united-how-could-he-fit-in

Unfortunately the facts don't stack up with your argument 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10934516/alvaro-morata-to-manchester-united-how-could-he-fit-in

So just like Lukaku then when he scores a hattrick vs cannon fodder? People overrate the Premier League and how hard it is to score here. Let's not forget Vardy scored 20 goals in the Premier League and he's an ex-3rd division player. Costa came in first season and was one of the top scorers too. 

19 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I do not understand why people underrate his Juventus' performance so much. If he really was that poor, then why did Real activate the buy back clause?

Just for business purposes? Then why didn't they sell him last summer?

Well Alvaro Morata is a striker with important skill..i watched him when he Play in Juventus and in my opinion, for characteristic he is very similar to The young Fernando Torres..

but he have a problem with goals...he didn't score very much in his career..for me he don't be the new Diego Costa

1 hour ago, Jype said:

They're asking for a lot of money because they can. Real Madrid are one of the richest clubs in the world and they don't have to sell him cheap when English clubs come calling, most importantly because they really prefer to keep him and secondly because the market for top class strikers is really thin right now. I think it's arrogant to think that clubs should somehow be honoured to have someone like Chelsea interested in their player and just accept to sell for a reduced fee. They successfully held United ransom over the fee and were so close to getting them pay the full asking price so why wouldn't they do the same when Chelsea call them.

They also see what everyone else sees, a young 24-year-old player with an amazing scoring record for a bench player and great performances in big games (CL 14/15) not to mention being a regular for Spain NT. If Real sold him for like €50M and as Chelsea's main striker he turned out a world beater they'd look like absolute mugs but at €80-90M they could at least say to have received a massive fee and blame the player for wanting to leave. Of course there's a risk he would never live up to the price tag but that's the case with every transfer.

Not having completed a single season as the main striker really comes down to the only teams he's been playing at, Real Madrid and Juventus. Would you really believe for a second that if someone like Lukaku had played at those teams for the last few years he'd have got any bigger role?

You're projecting a lot into what i'm saying, mate 😃 All i want to say is, the market has come a long way from paying 90m for Ronaldo to paying the same for Morata.

We've always been good at sharing goals out throughout our squad, so I don't necessarily think we need a 25 goal striker to be winning the league, although it makes things easier.

A striker though that can link play and be on the same wavelength as the likes of Hazard, Pedro, Willian and the wing backs would make the whole team more fluid, and I think he would give us a marked improvement in this area.

But Morata in my opinion would need to be at least a 15 goal striker. I think given the chance he can be, and that is effectively what he needs is his first real chance at being a team's main striker.

It is a huge risk though, especially at the price being quoted.

48 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

CONFIRMED : Chelsea opened the discussion with Real Madrid about a move for Alvaro Morata. Spanish striker wants to be a starter. #CFC

Is a very VERY risk...

25 P - 15 gol

29 P - 8 gol

23 P - 8 gol

12 P - 3 gol

this is the score in the Liga and Serie A statistic about Morata in the last four years.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

We've always been good at sharing goals out throughout our squad, so I don't necessarily think we need a 25 goal striker to be winning the league, although it makes things easier.

A striker though that can link play and be on the same wavelength as the likes of Hazard, Pedro, Willian and the wing backs would make the whole team more fluid, and I think he would give us a marked improvement in this area.

But Morata in my opinion would need to be at least a 15 goal striker. I think given the chance he can be, and that is effectively what he needs is his first real chance at being a team's main striker.

It is a huge risk though, especially at the price being quoted.

You can do a bet with a young striker who have the goal in DNA...like Andrea Belotti, or Mauro Icardi...Morata have played his best games away from the box...

This is a Old Article but very significative

MADRID (SPAGNA) - «Mi sento in debito con Conte: prima o poi avrò la fortuna di essere allenato da lui». Nonostante alla Juventus non abbiano avuto modo di lavorare insieme, qualcosa è rimasto in sospeso tra Alvaro Morata e il tecnico salentino. questo quanto raccontato dal giocatore al Guardian: «Conte è stato l'allenatore che più ha puntato su di me, anche se non mi ha mai allenato. Ha scommesso su di me alla Juve ma andò via prima che arrivassi. Mi conosce meglio di quanto immagini e questo è importante, è una cosa che ti spinge a lavorare duro. Sono stato anche vicino a raggiungerlo al Chelsea quest'estate: vari allenatori della Premier mi hanno chiamato l'estate scorsa e mi sarebbe piaciuto andare in Inghilterra. Ho parlato personalmente con Pochettino e Conte ma il Real non ha voluto cedermi e ora sono qui».

10 minutes ago, CaptainConte said:

Is a very VERY risk...

25 P - 15 gol

29 P - 8 gol

23 P - 8 gol

12 P - 3 gol

this is the score in the Liga and Serie A statistic about Morata in the last four years.

This are the stats you need to know. Big game player.

DENTn_6W0AAB7WW.jpgUntitled.png.25cb5132e64e7141d871f8bf40710339.png