test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

859 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Jason said:

But today mean more given United are better than Bournemouth. IIRC, all but 2 of his goals are headers. Really needs to sort out that feet of his.

3 goals. His hattrick against Stoke were all with his feet.

the wes, Jason, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

I thought his dribbling was great actually. He obviously botched 1 or 2 chances due to the ball getting caught under his feet, but it happens. 

There was a moment closer to the end of the game where he controlled the ball down from a lofted ball to him, turned and beat Smalling for pace. 

What an improved performance. I actually enjoyed watching his hold up today, mainly because he didn't go down on the slightest bit of contact from behind. If he keeps that up, he will be unstoppable. He is extremely strong in holding the ball up once he has it under control. It is just that initial part where he gets the ball that has been the issue. Was much better last night. 

2 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Why does he feel the need to always shoot on his right foot?

A common Morata sequence is this: Gets ball and faces defender, fakes right foot shot, cuts on left (defender is beaten at this point), then cuts BACK on right foot (defender now in excellent position), right footed shot. 

Also, why are his shots always so weak and dribble so slowly to the gk? I always thought he had a powerful shot about him... 

Those are 2 things that frustrate the hell outta me about Morata. 

He should have a quality left foot so hopefully he will have even bigger confidence from now on.

Výsledek obrázku pro morata man city gif   Související obrázek

Johnnyeye and Stats like this

23 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Why does he feel the need to always shoot on his right foot?

A common Morata sequence is this: Gets ball and faces defender, fakes right foot shot, cuts on left (defender is beaten at this point), then cuts BACK on right foot (defender now in excellent position), right footed shot. 

Also, why are his shots always so weak and dribble so slowly to the gk? I always thought he had a powerful shot about him... 

Those are 2 things that frustrate the hell outta me about Morata. 

Yeah the cutting and faking is annoying since that is the reason he isn't getting really powerful shots at goal when he does that.

Johnnyeye likes this

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, xPetrCechx said:

his dribble is awful.

Look at his second goal against Stoke please :cig:

the wes and Johnnyeye like this

13 hours ago, Stats said:

Look at his second goal against Stoke please :cig:

That second goal against stoke reminds me what Torres use to do for Liverpool it's shame Torres didn't do that for Chelsea :(

Johnnyeye and Stats like this

On 11/5/2017 at 5:10 PM, Robguima said:

Can you imagine Lukaku scoring Moratas goal . I can’t ... :)

yeah some might say that they’d rather lukaku in a counter attack situation but that’s less useful to a big side than what Morata offers.

People say that they'd rather have Lukaku leading a counter attack?

Leif likes this

On 11/5/2017 at 1:54 PM, Adnane said:

One goal less than the mighty Harry Kane and the GOAT Aguero, same as wonderkid G. Jesus and "Better Finisher" Lukaku. 

Chelsea 1 point off United and Tottenham. 

Still, apparently, Chelsea in crisis, Morata not good enough, missing Costa. 

Beautiful journalism. 

Image result for they hate us because they anus

Leif and Johnnyeye like this

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No it isn't.

He is a professional footballer. All pro players are capable of great things and The Drog certainly was and is. There are many, many examples of outstanding control throughout his Chelsea career but there are more of poor touch. Look at Rom. His supporters could make a long highlight vid featuring moments of great technical excellence, yet all people who have watched him play know that such a video would give the wrong impression of Lukaku's overall standard. The Drog over Rom all day, everyday, but was his close control among the Premier League's best ever? Absolutely not.

Who do you think were the best?