test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

717 posts in this topic

Well then we can only hope in these 2 months we still stay in race for top 4 then...

the wes likes this

We're in serious fucking trouble if he's out for a while. And not just in the PL.

laura90 likes this

45 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Can we get an emergency transfer ?

no 🙁 I think it's only keepers your allow an emergency transfers I'm not to sure but I think you can sign a free agent player

Oh look we have a injury problem..no one couldn't predicted that..Oh wait we all did!!! Huge blow especially as he was finding his feet as well! Urghhh!!

Man...

Just a few days ago all Chelsea fans were feeling on top of the world and thinking we could accomplish anything. Now we've been spanked at home by a title rival and may have lost the one player in our team we couldn't afford to lose for a lengthy period.

I know we were further behind the top spot last season and still went on to win the league but the competition is significantly stronger this season and our fixture list is much more difficult. Think I need to adjust my expectations. 

On paper, we should be able to cope without Morata in our next few PL fixtures. If Batshuayi can't step up against Palace, Watford, etc then we are in deeper shit than I can imagine.

52 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Man...

Just a few days ago all Chelsea fans were feeling on top of the world and thinking we could accomplish anything. Now we've been spanked at home by a title rival and may have lost the one player in our team we couldn't afford to lose for a lengthy period.

I know we were further behind the top spot last season and still went on to win the league but the competition is significantly stronger this season and our fixture list is much more difficult. Think I need to adjust my expectations. 

On paper, we should be able to cope without Morata in our next few PL fixtures. If Batshuayi can't step up against Palace, Watford, etc then we are in deeper shit than I can imagine.

Bats may be a flawed footballer but he's a relatively reliable scorer, plus the false 9 worked ok when used last season. It's a blow no doubt, but aslong as Hazard doesn't get another injury we should be able to (relitevely) cope.

Johnnyeye, Pizy, The Skipper and 1 other like this

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Bats may be a flawed footballer but he's a relatively reliable scorer, plus the false 9 worked ok when used last season. It's a blow no doubt, but aslong as Hazard doesn't get another injury we should be able to (relitevely) cope.

Hope so. I think we will cope better with the loss of our main striker better than other clubs like Spuds for instance. Our entire team doesn't depend on the #9 like theirs does.

Tomo and Johnnyeye like this

This fucking sucks. Not only have we lost our best striker for a long time, but Morata was doing so well, now he will come back having lost 2 months of adaptation and goals. Time for Bats to step up, REALLY step up...

laura90 likes this

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Hope so. I think we will cope better with the loss of our main striker better than other clubs like Spuds for instance. Our entire team doesn't depend on the #9 like theirs does.

Thats true ... But they did reasonably well when Kane was out. 

We dont depend on our #9 but we do depend a lot on Hazard and City again showed that once u isolate him, we run out of ideas.

Bats not replacing Morata straight away on Sunday makes you think if Conte is convinced/confident about him. That could be a big worry for us plus the fact that we dont have a 3rd striker. Maybe we can gamble with one of our young guns. 

Just now, Jason said:

Someone tell him how bad his injury really is, apparently he didnt read the papers, yet.